Red P test question (1 Viewer)

Xu

dangerous driver
HSC
N/A
This is one lucky thread! Success story after another. :) Congrats to everyone!!!

xoxo

HSC
well, according to the Telegraph yesterday only 58.11% of people going for their red P's pass first time...

morganforrest

HSC
xoxo said:
well, according to the Telegraph yesterday only 58.11% of people going for their red P's pass first time...
That's heaps lame. I went for mine this arvo and passed. It wasn't too hard, my testing chick just chatted to me the whole time about travelling. It was kinda fun actually. Only cock up was forgetting to indicate when i turned back into the rta.....lol

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i really want to go get my p's (i've had them for over 2 years now).
i'm way over the 50, but i havent driven in at least 3 weeks and i havent had a proper lesson in over a month. i know that i need to do more practice with mum (at least), but she's almost never home anymore...and it's more practical for me to do the test in our car not my instuctor's (i'll get one with him just before i do the test, but not multiple..too expensive).
i'm just kinda nervous that if i book right now, i wont get enough practice/lessons in before the test. and caus i havent driven in so long i'm totally not confident enough to book now.

question: when you book, do you have to pay a booking fee? and does that come out of what you pay for your test?

HSC
alby said:
question: when you book, do you have to pay a booking fee? and does that come out of what you pay for your test?
yep. its not cheap. you have to pay a booking fee ($45?) and then you pay another $45 or so to get your licence.

oh and if you have to rebook for whatever reason you have to fork out money to book again.

another thing is make sure your car is fully functional, and that includes all the lights (brakelights, indicators etc) are working. that's what happened to me, one of my brakelights wasn't working and i was made to rebook. luckily i took an opening for the next day and i got my p's then :D

HSC
alby said:
so booking fee = test fee?
then you just pay for the actual licence when you pass..hey?
yup $45 to do the test and another $45 to get your licence made and all that...so about $90 all up.

CieL

HSC
watatank said:
oh and if you have to rebook for whatever reason you have to fork out money to book again.
nyahahaha you got a bitch!

My friend had to reschedule his test because of brake lights too.. but the person didnt charge him.. cos they were awesome

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yes! I passed my test today! Weehee! Now I can drive myself anywhere I want :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Basically, my day (off):

- Woke up at 10am--love sleeping in
- Had breakfast, showered, called up work to check my shift this week, etc
- Left house at 12
- Got to Chatswood by 12:30pm (stupid traffic lights on Fullers Road and Pacific Highway)
- Drove around the test route with dad until 1pm
- Handed my logbook, booking slip and licence card in
- Sat, really nervously, until 1:20pm, when my name was called
- Wow! It was a nice old man who looked like John Howard (bushy eyebrows, big glasses, balding, etc). He said, "wow, looks like you and your parents have put in a lot of work into this (I had done 70 hours)...so are you ready to pass?" me: "Yes!" (trying to sound convincing but ended up being a half dull sort of statement)
- Got into the car, did a Uturn, and started the test. Took me on a [ completely different route to what I knew, fortunately the reverse parallel park was done on the same road as the route I knew of.
- Encountered a curly three-way roundabout where too many people on the opposite side were signalling right, and the people on my left were all queueing up into the intersection, so I waited like 10 minutes at that roundabout.
- And a really narrow road where, after finishing the kerbside stop and about to leave the kerb, a car came from the opposite direction (the road is so narrow that only one car can pass through at a time because cars were parked on both sides of the road). Fortunately the other driver was kind and reversed into a driveway to let me through :)
- Got back. Waited like 10 minutes. Got called up. "Well, you were a bit cautious, and remember to keep on the left side of the road (I have issues with sticking to my side of the road, so I wasn't surprised), and....congratulations." (yes, full stop, not exclamation mark, and he said it so quietly that I wasn't sure if I had heard properly. me: "really?" him: "yes". me: "really?" him: "yes". me--burst into a round of thank yous.
- Then I waited--20 minutes--yes, 20 minutes--to fill out the licence application form and get my photo taken.
- And then another 10 minutes to get my card.

Wow. Waiting for my card took longer than the test itself! My examiner had already returned with the candidate after me and was processing his results by the time I left.

I was admiring my new licence and the P plates (they gave me four--how nice!) all the way on the drive back home. :D Though I must say I think the provisional licence layout isn't as nice as the learner licence--the font is narrower, there are a lot more open gaps (including the waratah not being as big)....but hey.

So yayness for today! Now I just have to drag myself up for an 8am start tomorow :(

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
lala2 said:
Though I must say I think the provisional licence layout isn't as nice as the learner licence--the font is narrower, there are a lot more open gaps (including the waratah not being as big)....but hey. :(
Congrats!

But nah, that's not the provisional layout.. it's actually licence layout in general.. my P1s still had the big waratah, birthdate on LHS instead of middle bottom.. but my P2s are like.. ugly..

Pace_T

HSC
lala2 said:
Yes! I passed my test today! Weehee! Now I can drive myself anywhere I want :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Basically, my day (off):

- Woke up at 10am--love sleeping in
- Had breakfast, showered, called up work to check my shift this week, etc
- Left house at 12
- Got to Chatswood by 12:30pm (stupid traffic lights on Fullers Road and Pacific Highway)
- Drove around the test route with dad until 1pm
- Handed my logbook, booking slip and licence card in
- Sat, really nervously, until 1:20pm, when my name was called
- Wow! It was a nice old man who looked like John Howard (bushy eyebrows, big glasses, balding, etc). He said, "wow, looks like you and your parents have put in a lot of work into this (I had done 70 hours)...so are you ready to pass?" me: "Yes!" (trying to sound convincing but ended up being a half dull sort of statement)
- Got into the car, did a Uturn, and started the test. Took me on a [ completely different route to what I knew, fortunately the reverse parallel park was done on the same road as the route I knew of.
- Encountered a curly three-way roundabout where too many people on the opposite side were signalling right, and the people on my left were all queueing up into the intersection, so I waited like 10 minutes at that roundabout.
- And a really narrow road where, after finishing the kerbside stop and about to leave the kerb, a car came from the opposite direction (the road is so narrow that only one car can pass through at a time because cars were parked on both sides of the road). Fortunately the other driver was kind and reversed into a driveway to let me through :)
- Got back. Waited like 10 minutes. Got called up. "Well, you were a bit cautious, and remember to keep on the left side of the road (I have issues with sticking to my side of the road, so I wasn't surprised), and....congratulations." (yes, full stop, not exclamation mark, and he said it so quietly that I wasn't sure if I had heard properly. me: "really?" him: "yes". me: "really?" him: "yes". me--burst into a round of thank yous.
- Then I waited--20 minutes--yes, 20 minutes--to fill out the licence application form and get my photo taken.
- And then another 10 minutes to get my card.

Wow. Waiting for my card took longer than the test itself! My examiner had already returned with the candidate after me and was processing his results by the time I left.

I was admiring my new licence and the P plates (they gave me four--how nice!) all the way on the drive back home. :D Though I must say I think the provisional licence layout isn't as nice as the learner licence--the font is narrower, there are a lot more open gaps (including the waratah not being as big)....but hey.

So yayness for today! Now I just have to drag myself up for an 8am start tomorow :(

the day u get ur p's is such a momentous day, i bet u'll remember all of this for many many years!!
i remember mine. i slept in and my instructor (i did everything thru him) called up and was like screaming at me to get up and go do the test. after i passed i had to go get my foto taken but my instructor (he was so immature) was making me laugh and so i had the shittest foto taken ever. half the time i had to show id or show a police officer i had them ask whats with the expression!!! stupid tightass rta ladies didnt give me a second chance with the foto!!

CieL

HSC
Pace_T said:
after i passed i had to go get my foto taken but my instructor (he was so immature) was making me laugh and so i had the shittest foto taken ever. half the time i had to show id or show a police officer i had them ask whats with the expression!!! stupid tightass rta ladies didnt give me a second chance with the foto!!
Pics.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
congrats
sucks to be a red p at this time though

HSC
i got my Ps back in jan i remember i did the test first thing in hte morning like 8:45? or 9?? anyways it was a really hot fucking day so i took all my friends to beach :D best day ever. had no sub at hte time tho :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)