• Total voters

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Examples!!!

Did i deserve all 19,000+ rep points ?

Maybe put rep back in but only mods/admins can rep
Not quite sure about this. There are many rep-worthy posts that mods miss because not all of us view every single thread.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Not quite sure about this. There are many rep-worthy posts that mods miss because not all of us view every single thread.
However it will remove any abuse of the rep system (rafy)

Maybe only mods should be able to rep (me)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
People didn't get circle-jerked into winning such things. We need some form of recognition, but I don't think rep is the best way of doing.

I'm not saying that all people with gold (or more) rep didn't deserve it. I am saying that there were some people who 'earned' it undeservingly.

Some people contribute large amounts and have little rep. Some people contribute nothing and have lots of rep.
There are heaps of awards that people get circlejerked into. Teen Choice, TV Choice, Time Magazine. Sometimes you'll get undeserving people, most of the time it's worthwhile. And 'deserving' is entirely subjective. I'd hate to see a moderator enforced grading system, simply because of that subjective quality.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Then let us do it!!
We want our rep. I am so sad rep is gone
If there was absolutely no chance of it returning, we wouldn't have this thread. As for an ETA or whether it will, I can't say. I'm not it a position to actually make it happen, I can only state my position on the issue, and discuss it with the admin and other moderators.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
If there was absolutely no chance of it returning, we wouldn't have this thread. As for an ETA or whether it will, I can't say. I'm not it a position to actually make it happen, I can only state my position on the issue, and discuss it with the admin and other moderators.
Then lets bring it back, and let only certain people rep (i.e. mods/admins/powlmao/super mods etc.)

TheBloop

HSC
If you are good at Chemistry, then be proud of it because you worked for it.

If you are good at a sport, be proud of it, because you worked for it.

As long as its something you actually WORKED for, being proud of it is perfectly fine. You put in the work and thus reap the rewards.
I put in work on BoS for 2+ years to get double gold rep.

Why can't I be proud of that?

People didn't get circle-jerked into winning such things. We need some form of recognition, but I don't think rep is the best way of doing.

I'm not saying that all people with gold (or more) rep didn't deserve it. I am saying that there were some people who 'earned' it undeservingly.

Some people contribute large amounts and have little rep. Some people contribute nothing and have lots of rep.
Why did Obama win the Nobel peace prize then? Circlejerk.

Who? Don't be spineless; just say it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
So?

When anyone reps it is always subjective.

When I neg new members it is always subjective on how much I like their username/post
That's the point, it's about keeping a wide pool of subjective people. To reduce the level of subjectivity.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
That's the point, it's about keeping a wide pool of subjective people. To reduce the level of subjectivity.
But then it opens it up to abuse, I mean always abuse the rep systems. I love negging people who have 1 rep points so that it goes back to zero. It makes me so happy.

But if you have mods doing it, yes you have subjectivity, but you also have the ability to remove any abuse

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
But then it opens it up to abuse, I mean always abuse the rep systems. I love negging people who have 1 rep points so that it goes back to zero. It makes me so happy.

But if you have mods doing it, yes you have subjectivity, but you also have the ability to remove any abuse
Does this make you feel powerful?

Thief

!!
HSC

lol'd

But then everyone would be constantly sucking up to the mods.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

When the maybe the problem isn't the system, but the fractional proportion of 1% of users like yourself who want to be a cunt and abuse the system. I think negs have a purpose, but I don't advocate them, and I think the very few people who are abusing the system are ruining it for everyone else.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
lol'd

But then everyone would be constantly sucking up to the mods.
So? I have slept with Townie and many other mods for rep points

Does this make you feel powerful?
Yes, Makes me happy and feel good about myself.

Like when people have 105 rep points and they are really happy they have some power, I neg them to below 100 and they no longer have power Haha It is so great

powlmao

Banned
HSC
When the maybe the problem isn't the system, but the fractional proportion of 1% of users like yourself who want to be a cunt and abuse the system. I think negs have a purpose, but I don't advocate them, and I think the very few people who are abusing the system are ruining it for everyone else.

I never abuse the system. I neg people I hate, and rep people I like.

Thief

!!
HSC
It'd be pretty silly just giving rep power to mods

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)