Votes: 93 56.7%
  • Keep rep removed

Votes: 38 23.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 33 20.1%

• Total voters

MysteryGenius

HSC
*whiny post about why you should respect my opinion, followed by a profanity-laced rant on how you're not using rep properly. it's your fault for ruining the system, man. how dare you use it for anything other than pos rep. what about my feels man, protect my petty feels*

fak u

Lucas_

HSC
Rep encourages people to answer questions (primary aim of this website)

Bring it back damnit

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
'Lurkers' are a myth put out by the liberal elite to patronise and demean the typical BoS user. I mean, what kind of right-minded poster from the interwebs is going to spend his time lurking on forums and creeping on young students, when he could be getting ahead with a reading random wikipedia articles and jacking off to some HD quality fuckfests?
I went to give you rep for this then realised that I can't :(

Rep is life.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Also, negging really does not happen as often as the few in this thread are trying to make it out. Even when I had drunken angry rants I barely got negged, really have no idea why I didn't but yeah. And for the most part as long as decent discussion of a topic is going on it won't happen. Most of the time I got negged was when I insulted Shadowdude and he negged me, or when I trolled a newbie's thread and generally someone with a decent amount of rep power would neg me. And in political discussions I haven't been negged and I try to avoid it because for the most part the discussion is civil.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I was wondering why the site looked so different after my hiatus, no rep!

I think rep should be brought back. On many message boards I go on, there is something akin to rep.
To be fair on here, it can be abused a bit-rep me back, negging people you just don't like etc.

But you could easily tell the helpful and contributive members by their rep. Also you could show appreciation for others help and advice!

As a possible suggestion, one message board I'm on got rid of negative rep after abuse. They also take positive rep abuse for one word posts etc. and also disable it on the picture boards etc. There's pretty much no rep abuse there.

But neg rep, ehh I've only been negged once or twice by a troll with a troll comment. But I never bought into rep so much that I ever worried about speaking my mind lest others disagree and neg me for it.

MysteryGenius

HSC
just stoooooooop
jesus christ you people go on forfuckingever

we get it okay

2xL

HSC
I like it as a whole, but it's absence really isn't bothering me too much. Personally I'd like to see it back but if it's gone then so be it; let's just move on and let the mods decide.

TheBloop

HSC
I don't think it's necessary.
I don't think you're necessary, so now I'm going to just remove you completely… does that sound right? No? Then bring rep back!

They own the site, so they can choose what they believe is best for it.

(Referring not to mods but to the owner)

I do believe that there are some flaws in the rep system though. As in the people with high rep power just have this rep circlejerk thing going on. It's not really a true indicator of helpfulness in some cases.
those users have been here longer, are usually more trustworthy, and are pretty helpful.

You're just jelly.

nah people with low reps always get negged for no reason.
No… they get negged if they're being shit.

e.g. people that continually ask a question I have answered for them, plus added links and shit, annoy the fuck out of me.

to be fair
most new users are negged
on my first day posting I got roughly 5 negs

you can earn it back by just making normal/helpful posts
people can tell the difference between trolls and newbie's through posts, it's not an intricate system
people will pos rep you if they like your posts. once red not always red.
Yeah, I was originally on like negative 150 reps in my first week of BoS because my posts were shit, but then I got not so shit.

Rep improves people.

people don't even know how/when to neg.
either
a) random
b) disagree with you - which doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of quality/credibility in your post. Say I posted something in the politics section and choose to disagree, there's always some user that's butthurt and chooses to neg.
but the people that disagree with me in the political sections are usually batshit insane because I'm pretty agreeable.

DIDN'T READ FURTHER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)