Votes: 93 56.7%
  • Keep rep removed

Votes: 38 23.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 33 20.1%

• Total voters
HSC
N/A
On a serious note though, rep is sort of a credibility thing. It allows the differentiation between legitimate users and those who just troll or make stupid posts.

people don't usually get negged for no reason yknow

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC

AbsoluteValue

HSC
On a serious note though, rep is sort of a credibility thing. It allows the differentiation between legitimate users and those who just troll or make stupid posts.

people don't usually get negged for no reason yknow
I got negged for no reason by a troll called khan, he made multiple account yesterday only to ned me for absolutely no reason so I contacted mods to help me.
I am against it, it isn't necessary. I'm looking for a tutor so he negged me so people think I'm a troll and tutors ignore me. Some People are using it for the wrong purpose. I think removing the neg reps is the best solution in this case, people either give positive rep or give nothing.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
against.

you can neg someone for no reason (or a stupid reason) which makes the system stupid.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I think removing the neg reps is the best solution in this case, people either give positive rep or give nothing.
Keep in mind that this is a completely different issue to the removing of rep completely. Both serve different functions.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
For those worried about being negged for no reason, what would be your thoughts regarding a feature that would you allow you to disable rep from your settings? In other words, you would have the ability to participate in the reputation system or completely opt out. (I haven't spoken to harrisony about whether this is technically possible - just throwing it out there).

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
I got negged for no reason by a troll called khan, he made multiple account yesterday only to ned me for absolutely no reason so I contacted mods to help me.
I am against it, it isn't necessary. I'm looking for a tutor so he negged me so people think I'm a troll and tutors ignore me. Some People are using it for the wrong purpose. I think removing the neg reps is the best solution in this case, people either give positive rep or give nothing.
are you willing to let a few bad eggs to influence your decision and destroy the system completely?

is the problem with the system people taking negs/criticism far too personally?

would you rather the person leave messages on your wall/reply to the comment in the thread and leave their negative opinion?

against.

you can neg someone for no reason (or a stupid reason) which makes the system stupid.
a stupid reason to you may not equal a stupid reason to them
define stupid reason
rep is a personal thing, there aren't guidelines for it

should there be guidelines for it?

Thief

!!
HSC
should the admins and mods asked the users opinions before doing this?
They own the site, so they can choose what they believe is best for it.

(Referring not to mods but to the owner)

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
I think the best solution in this case is to remove the negative reps so people either give positive reps or give nothing.
getting rid of neg rep will not stop people from criticising you or bullying
it could mean people are more likely to directly confront you in threads rather than leave a red bar in your settings and move on

what are your opinions on this^?

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
They own the site, so they can choose what they believe is best for it.

(Referring not to mods but to the owner)
yes but we are their income
we are their source of hits
we define their business' success
you can kind of compare users to shareholders

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)