• Keep rep removed

Votes: 38 23.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 33 20.1%

• Total voters

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
should there be a period of time where new users cannot give/receive rep e.g. the first 2 weeks from moment of posting/registration

would that reduce newbie posters getting negged and allow people to determine between trolls and real users?

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Pain medicines can be used in the wrong manner but it is harmful and a sane person wouldn't do it, also, the advantages of these medications out weigh their disadvantages, unlike reps, they are absolutely unnecessary because you can READ what a person is saying to tell whether he is trolling or whether you should ignore him or not, you can't judge people depending on such system which can be easily miss-used. Also you said reps distinguish between trolls and legit users, what if a new user gets negged, like in my case, I'm new here so when that person made multiple accounts to neg me, people would think I'm a troll by looking at the red rank which says "this person should be ignored". Removing the system completely might not be the best idea but the system isn't perfect either!
I MENTIONED THAT TOO.
lol imo it doesnt matter that you've mentioned it

you're still favouring it's abolition, which is why i'm reinforcing it shouldn't be

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I got negged for no reason by a troll called khan, he made multiple account yesterday only to ned me for absolutely no reason so I contacted mods to help me.
I am against it, it isn't necessary. I'm looking for a tutor so he negged me so people think I'm a troll and tutors ignore me. Some People are using it for the wrong purpose. I think removing the neg reps is the best solution in this case, people either give positive rep or give nothing.
we need rep back so i can neg this guy

annagurl

HSC
N/A
I also am/was a low rep user but never got negged.

The reason you don't get negged when you've got a higher rep power is because often you can do more damage to the other person's rep than they can yours.
seeeee?
very few people are victim of random negs.

And once you've built that credibility (to the point where you have a 'higher rep power'), no one really wants to neg you anyway.

should there be a period of time where new users cannot give/receive rep e.g. the first 2 weeks from moment of posting/registration

would that reduce newbie posters getting negged and allow people to determine between trolls and real users?
honestly though, where do newbies get negged?

the only place i can think of where a person would get negged for no reason is ns, and ns is evolving. i'd argue it's a more welcoming place now.
newbies just need to not have a sook over someone negging them every now and then

tis part of the internet

I was negged a shitload when i was new to bos, who cares

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
people don't even know how/when to neg.
either
a) random
b) disagree with you - which doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of quality/credibility in your post. Say I posted something in the politics section and choose to disagree, there's always some user that's butthurt and chooses to neg.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
either
a) random
b) disagree with you - which doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of quality/credibility in your post. Say I posted something in the politics section and choose to disagree, there's always some user that's butthurt and chooses to neg.
if you're arguing that rep is not important at all, and that the system should be abolished

why did you bother having a fake rep bar in your avatar?

AbsoluteValue

HSC
I also am/was a low rep user but never got negged.

The reason you don't get negged when you've got a higher rep power is because often you can do more damage to the other person's rep than they can yours.
That's stupid because sometimes high rep users miss use their "power" and neg new users for no reason...

annagurl

HSC
N/A
that was to make fun of users like you, haha.
how does that make fun of users like me?

also, rep serves as incentive to help others
like yahoo answers with the "best answer" having points or something

gr_111

HSC
That's stupid because sometimes high rep users miss use their "power" and neg new users for no reason...
Well they must have done something right to get the reps in the first place.

BRING BACK THE REPS!

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Exactly as you said. Sometimes.

A few people doing that doesn't make the entire system illegitimate.

idek why im bothering with this thread
i just realllly dont wanna write my essay for h&m :(

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
how does that make fun of users like me?

also, rep serves as incentive to help others
like yahoo answers with the "best answer" having points or something
because i know you all miss your rep bars.
and i never said rep wasn't useful. i'm just saying that rep isn't necessarily proportional to credibility. all I'm asking for is a better reporting system for people who misuse their rep power and then it's all good.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
neg repping people for no reason and seeing the reaction from it is half the fun of the rep system

btw will neg everyone that complained about being negged for no reason when rep comes back

annagurl

HSC
N/A
because i know you all miss your rep bars.
and i never said rep wasn't useful. i'm just saying that rep isn't necessarily proportional to credibility. all I'm asking for is a better reporting system for people who misuse their rep power and then it's all good.
lol, stop bullshiting

you obviously care about rep if you have it in your avatar

if people want to neg people constantly, they are within their right to do so.

AbsoluteValue

HSC
we need rep back so i can neg this guy
This is what I'm talking about, people like him get mad because I'm discussing something, you can argue with me if you want... but looks like you can't argue face to face, you choose to neg instead. I believe that basing your judgement of other people on such faulty system is stupid. What did I do now to deserve a neg, I'm discussing the issue, you think that is a "negative reputation"?
Reputation system should be changed to a like/dislike system like Facebook and YouTube where you can express you're opinion of someone's comment directly on the comment, that's a much better system, you can't argue against that!

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Reputation system should be changed to a like/dislike system like Facebook and YouTube where you can express you're opinion of someone's comment directly on the comment, that's a much better system, you can't argue against that!
lolno

that doesn't show a person's overall credibility brahhhzzzzzzzz

what if everyone just liked it for teh lulz, and then disliked a particular post [although useful] because they dislike the user?

eshayzzzzzzzzzzz

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
either
a) random
negging is disagreeing, you have to click "I disagree" when negging someone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)