Rudd v Binge Drinking (1 Viewer)

TacoTerrorist

HSC
I don't know how this follows from any of the other statements you made.

I like alcohol because it makes me feel near invicible.
I said it because it gives people who don't know how to loosen up an easy way to do so.

But yeah, it just makes me feel shitty.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's 21 for most other US states.
Dont drag the chain Australia

frankenstein

HSC
24lover said:
there's been some talk lately about teenagers and binge drinking, the government is planning to start a (few billion?) campaign to try and tackle this problem.

who do you guys think is responsible?

the parents, the govenment, our lifestyles and society, our teenagers? other parties?

I reckon whilst it's a good idea for parents to teach their child the rights and wrongs, that the govenment could possibly help by cutting down the number of liqour licensed stores, and that our adoption of the european culture of wine and dine could teach us responsible drinking, when it comes down to it, teenagers do what we want, and so we're the one's that need to take care of ourselves.
In these kinds of issues, not one single party is responsible. Every one must contribute.

There will never be total success in such a campaign, but will work i bet.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Binge drinking is awesome fun, I resent the company of moderate drinkers and go out of my way to make them feel unwanted.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Did anyone read Miranda Devine's article today in the Sun-Yeoman. Made me nearly want to vomit with pure contempt. "OUR MORAL VALUES ARE NOW AT THE ABSOLUTE POINT AT WHICH THEY ARE CORRECT, HOW CONTEMPTUOUS IS IT TO OUTSOURCE MORAL RAGE TO THE AUTHORITIES. IF I SAW A CHILD DOING DRUGS I WOULD SAW THEM IN HALF TO PROTECT OTHER CHILDREN AND WERE I PUT IN GAOL I WOULD SET THE GAOL IN FIRE WITH PURE INDIGNATION AND THEN STAB CHILDREN DOING DRUGS WITH MY ENERGY KNIVES".

She's hilarious.
yeah I read it

"The report also contains some extraordinarily loaded statements such as 'teenage drug use does not inevitably lead to problem drug use' and 'not all young people are pressured by their peers to start using drugs'".

Lol. Loaded? Moar like THE TRUTH.

also lol at her using America as an example to live up to.

williamc

HSC
Graney said:
Binge drinking is awesome fun, I resent the company of moderate drinkers and go out of my way to make them feel unwanted.
"I'm not an alcholic. I just enjoy binge drinking."

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I'm starting to wonder if the whole article was sarcasm :confused: because that last line makes no sense when put with the rest of it.

Whatever, she's still a hectic moron.

sophy2008

HSC
i think it's absolutely ridiculous that they're saying "binge drinking" is 5 standard drinks? 5 sds in the first hour MAYBE, but then again - it also comes down to personal toleration levels. I think binge drinking is falling over, blacking out, throwing up - not just getting a little exciteable.

Jess007

HSC
i agree binge drinking are the people who they show on the ads that have no concept of the idea walking straight or vertically let alone being able to do it...

they need to work otu exactly what binge drinking is first, and who crosses it and how theyll stop them

a big ask imo

ridiculous

Dundasbro

HSC
Re: who IS responsible for teenage binge drinking?

Schroedinger said:
Lefties who think we should never be held responsible for our actions, tbh. The whole cult of Leftism is despicable and anti-human.
So you blame teenage binge drinking on people who you believe refuse to blame the teenage binge drinkers, thereby removing personal responsibility? Or were you being sarcastic? (It gets hard to tell just through text:eek:)

Last edited:
HSC

You're responsible for your own actions but at the same time... binge drinking is starting at like 14-15 (let's be honest) where you should at least have a lower burden of responsibility.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

youBROKEmyLIFE said:
You're responsible for your own actions but at the same time... binge drinking is starting at like 14-15 (let's be honest) where you should at least have a lower burden of responsibility.
14-15? it's because they're mostly bunch of bogans :p

24lover

HSC

youBROKEmyLIFE said:
good point.

does anyone reckon PEER pressure plays a major role?

... i think it can, but i still think it's the person's responsiblity. people can say "NO" (haha) to pressure :)....well most people can?

24lover

HSC
i was just researching and 14.4 million will go towards developing new codes of conduct for sports clubs and organisations.....

just a question, isn't this a major flaw in rudd's campaign because most teenagers who binge drink are under 18?? and under 18s are denied access to these places anyway?

parnell8

HSC
24lover said:
i was just researching and 14.4 million will go towards developing new codes of conduct for sports clubs and organisations.....

just a question, isn't this a major flaw in rudd's campaign because most teenagers who binge drink are under 18?? and under 18s are denied access to these places anyway?
umm im gonna say sports clubs is a massive place for youth to drink

i play soccer n our league is very ethnic centred i play for a serb club n played for spanish one n an aussie one aswell. lets admit drinkin is second nature to the commitees of sports clubs it social to them and it influences the young players

the aussie team i played for was a team that major sponsors were 2 pubs n geez i think that mite get them on the piss a bit lol

how do all football clubs celbrate end of yr MAD MONDAY n all they do is drink for hours on end in clubs n pubs aswell and im gonna say soccer teams arent much different

not sayin im complainin cause a drink or 20 is always good lol but it sports clubs are influencial

although i think its a joke all together cause shit binge drinkin happened 30 yrs ago its just more publicised in the media now n cocks on drugs fuk shit up but hey he has been to strip club im gonna say rudd was a binge drinka himself n thats y i love him

parnell8

HSC

jezzmo said:
Never really been drunk before but i know a few cats that have. Meow. I don't understand why people would want to drink poison, but that's exactly what they do. Drink poison to shrink their brains and make them less responsible. Doesn't make sense to me.

Raising the drinking age seems a positive step to raising the age of park dwellers.
ok drinkin doesnt make ppl dumb if ur dumb drinkin has nothin to do wit it i drunk alot n im still at top of class wit 85+ uai hopes drinkin is social and fun simple

raising drinkin age wont change park dwellers as u call it at all the 16 n 18th b day celebrated wit alcahol involved in most cases so makin it older will just force more underage drinkers case older ppl will be underage

the social networks are set up n in place now it will take more then simply raisin the age to break them down to erode the trends

lets face it ppl drinkin at 14 dont care wat the law says thats fairly well obvious raisin it wont change them

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

For everyone saying that raising the age limit wont stop underage/binge drinking, what's your proof?
-I wouldnt think for a second that there are more than 5 kids in the country motivated and intelligent enough to make their own booze.
-What parent will justify giving booze to a 17yo who cant buy it for another 4yrs? It's hard enough getting them to teach you to drive.
-What 21yo is going to buy it for a 15, 16, 17yo? 21 is worlds apart from <18
-If clubs/bars are selling it, or it's being stolen, then that's a law and order issue, and will be treated as such.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

lol no. I just doubt that owners will be willing to risk their licences or that police will be willing to overlook.
I liked some of your points, but on balance I really dont see how the laws will be effectively subverted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)