• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

HSC
greekgun said:
Or when u put ur sign up and a lady come and ask if ur open and u say ur not and then she start bitching about how the light above the register is still open, well i got news for u lady, i dont have a 10 meter arm which can strech over to the kiosk area to turn off the light.
Even though we can turn our lights off ourselves, we have registers that back onto each other, - ie 1/2 share a light, 3/4, 5/6 etc. The lights can be turned off individually, so that 3 is on but 4 isnt, however they can be seen from both sides of the checkout.

This means that if I'm closing 3, and have turned its light off, and 4 is still open, you can see the light from your side of the checkout. Resultantly, customers think that this is your light. I remember back to when I very first started, there was one closed sign for all 11 main registers, and we had to rely on turning off our lights to signal that we were closed. Thank god we now have closed signs.

P

pLuvia

greekgun said:
Yeah and then some dick comes along after you have put ur sign up and says that he was there before u put the sign up. I swear i hate those customers who start putting there stuff down when ur clearly closing up and ignore u telling them that ur closed. What i do is let them put all there stuff down on the belt, then close up the register, lock 2 trollies in, and go sign off.

Or when u put ur sign up and a lady come and ask if ur open and u say ur not and then she start bitching about how the light above the register is still open, well i got news for u lady, i dont have a 10 meter arm which can strech over to the kiosk area to turn off the light.

Ah the wonders of retail.
Amen to that, esp at my work where we don't have the sign and only indication of us closing our register is the light on the top of the register. This stupid lady comes and my colleague tells her I am closed, and then shes says "where I can't see that", she points up to the light, "then she puts her stuff down expecting me to serve her (which I don't), then says "that's not good enough blah blah blah". Then asks for my colleague's name and walks off.

I swear even if she does complain it's not like it's my colleagues or my fault, it's just we don't have a bloody sign.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
shinji said:
erm. why not? :S whether or not i'm tolerant with customers or not doesn't mean i can't contribute to this thread. I'm tolerant, but customers do shit me to the wall.

My manager shits me even more so.
I'm sure everyone who contributes to this thread is pretty tolerant. You have to be to work in retail (which is the industry that many people here work in), but what irritated me about your post was the fact that you seemed to think that everyone else in the thread was just whinging as opposed to letting off steam after having to be tolerant of customers all day.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Lizakith said:
I'm sure everyone who contributes to this thread is pretty tolerant. You have to be to work in retail (which is the industry that many people here work in), but what irritated me about your post was the fact that you seemed to think that everyone else in the thread was just whinging as opposed to letting off steam after having to be tolerant of customers all day.
what irritated me about what you said in your post was that u said that this thread wasn't for me when all i said was that i'm a tolerant person. and now you say everyone who contributes to this thread is tolerant. and hence; according to your definiton, this thread isn't for anyone then.

and everyone whinges. that's a fact.

oh well; cest-la-vie. i guess there was a misunderstanding here. i'll just leave it at that. i assume we're all mature enough to move from a little discrepancy from bad wording of communication over the internet and not having the meaning conveyed.

such is life.

anyways; another rule for customers:
-> if you say want something; and im half way through wrapping it up; don't tell me that you want something else when i've basically finished wrapping the meat. especially when it's 3kg's of drumsticks. =_=
-> don't push in front of other customers. i will not serve you before the others if i know other customers were before you. esp when the ticket system isn't working
-> don't comment on the fact that our ticket system isn't working. we are well aware of it and we would prefer it to be working rather than calling out "NEXT WAITING PLEASE"

gowie

HSC
People who say "I'm not having that now" When they realise the piece of furniture they sort is not put together, just because they didn't realise where I work we are a small and cheap discount store who dont put it together because we have neither the time nor the man power to assemble the mass suplus of furniture we recieve. Annoys me everytime.

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
Maybe you should tell them that they need to assemble their own furniture when you sell it.

I love assembling stuff.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
I find people who are really rude and don't use manners quite annoying when it happens alot.

CieL

HSC
I find that if I'm more cheerful, smiling, and polite.. people tend to respond more positively and are more likely to also be polite and cheery.
Like how some old men dont greet back, say thanks, and/or chuck stuff at you begin to say thanks and see you later by the end of the transaction.

However, if I'm in a normal to pissed mood.. the customers aren't as responsive..

J

jhakka

townie said:
why don't YOU comeback?
Mainly because I don't care enough any more. Not in a nasty way, but just because my priorities have changed, and I need to focus on other things in my life. Plus, I tend to just bitch about customers.

(Book store: If I am walking around the store holding a clipboard and looking busy, I probably am... but if I'm not, it's probably because I don't want to talk to you. So take the hint.)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh Yeah

If you want to pay for things seperately, and dont specify an order, LISTEN to what i say, because i will tell you WHAT i have scanned first, and it's price, hence dont me suprised when i'm bemused by your statement "you did it the wrong way"

edit: maybe i should apply for mod if he can get it i can

greekgun

HSC
Why do customers have to be so gay?
Anyone who works at a supermarket will know the question asked by customers when an item doesnt scan, or the comp is taking a while to weigh the fresh produce
"Oh does that mean i get it for free"
How bout i turn dat sun of a bitch side ways and stick it straight u ur candy ass, then u can have it for free.

And for the love of god, i WILL punch the next customer who comes up to me when im not busy who says "Hmmm u look bored, ill come to ur isle"

ps- congrats on the becoming a mod wuddie who ever u are.

CieL

HSC
greekgun said:
"Oh does that mean i get it for free"

"Hmmm u look bored, ill come to ur isle"
=D So true.. I got both of those tonight..

Cept it's usually "hmmmm you look lonely [etc]"
In which my generic response is, "Yeah, no-one loves me".

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
i hate it when i finish scanning all the items, and then the customer says "whats the damage", FFS is was funny the first time, now i hear it all the time.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
wrxsti said:
i hate it when i finish scanning all the items, and then the customer says "whats the damage", FFS is was funny the first time, now i hear it all the time.
maybe you can have a sign put up, saying what you like to be said and what not, or how many times it can be said in one day.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Tulipa said:
HOLY SHIT HOW DID YOU BECOME A MOD???

Quality has gone right out the window hasn't it?

*sigh*
i concur with this statment.

P.S. if he bitches about relevance, wuddie is technically a customer of the BoS community

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
townie said:
i concur with this statment.

P.S. if he bitches about relevance, wuddie is technically a customer of the BoS community
THE JOKES THAT ARENT FUNNY

-do i get it for free *chortle*
-when prices are in the format 19.XX "that was a good year!"
-clearly overage people "haha, do you want my ID"
-"so is it buy one get one free today!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)