Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
hungry jacks:

* It's either the whopper, whopper jr or double whopper stunner..not the stunner meal and then get shitty when i ask you which of the 3 burgers! fucking idiots

* When i say that the coffee machine is not working or that it has been turned off for the day cause we are closing does not mean that you are able to get coffee, you should have ordered 10 minutes ago!

* When we say we don't have VEGGIE BURGERS we mean we don't have any vegie burgers..listen u shit

* When ordering an Aussie Burger don't expect it to be made straight away, these burgers aren't exactly cheeseburgers and aren't waiting in the heat chute like whoppers and the like.

* Dont cross your arms and stare when you have being waiting 10 minutes for your pain in the arse of a burger which has heavy mustard, lettuce, minus pickles etc and then when its fucked up don't chuck a shit at me i dont make the fucking burgers dumb ass .. i put the order through on the comp, call it over and expect the guys at the back to read it.

* When the lights are off on the front YES WE ARE FUCKING CLOSED!

* Don't make out infront of me for 10 minutes before making ur order..i dont need to see it

* Don't get shitty when i screw up your order and have to cancel it out of the computer

* its been mentioned but dont pay for your $12.95 meal in silver coins im not a mathematician and its not fun at the end of the day counting up $20 of 5, 10, 20c pieces

* Make up your mind first, then tell me your ready to order

* Don't tell me that u only have 10 minutes of ur lunch break left, because u have been waiting for your meal, if we are busy go some where else or be normal and order something which doesn't need to be made wen ordered but is already in the heat chute

* Don't tell me after you have paid that you would like to change your burger to something else

* NO YOU CANNOT UPGRADE YOUR MEAL TO A LARGE IF YOU DON'T WANT A FUCKING STORM ICECREAM WHEN ORDERING A STUNNER MEAL

P

pLuvia

greekgun said:
Yea true that. I had her today, this is what happened. I said her total and asked if she had fb's. She said nah but she'll pay on credit. So i got the transaction ready, got out the pen and asked her to sign and then she tells me she want 50 dollars cash out. And i told her you cant get cash out on credit and then she started yelling and yelling and then she said that she was a mystery shopper and she was going to give me a bad report because i would let her get cash out. So then i called up my superviosr who also told her that u cant get cash out on credit and she just says "oh, ok then".
What a dumb mystery shopper if she was. Fucking retard at the matter, but I doubt she was the mystery shopper just a dumb bitch who wanted to get a cash out out of her CREDIT CARD lol

Mystery shoppers aren't suppose to give out their identity in any case

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
Maybe it was a test?
Yea it might have been a test. Bah fuk that mystery shopper shit, they cant expect us to be smiling and shit every single second of our shift.

super-em

HSC
Bring your green shopping bags in with you and give them to me BEFORE ive packed all your groceries in plastic... and please wash them, i dont want to touch your disgustingly rank fabric you call a bag, they stink.

greekgun

HSC
Dont hang around after i finished scanning your big trolly of items to check the price of every single item of the recipept. I dont mind u doing this but please move your bags because i wont have any room for the next customer. And dont glare angrly at me when put the belt on so all ur stuff gets squashed whilst its moving ur bags away.

Edit: fuck oath super-em, its disgusting when its all dirty and stinks of rotten veggies and who knows what else.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
super-em said:
Bring your green shopping bags in with you and give them to me BEFORE ive packed all your groceries in plastic... and please wash them, i dont want to touch your disgustingly rank fabric you call a bag, they stink.
Yep. Don't get the shits with ME when YOU left the green bags in your trolley, I can't see them. I don't mind then putting the packed plastic bags into your green bags but realise that there are people waiting and you can really do this yourself.

And don't tell me "ohh I left them in the car againnn". I get that about 20 times a day, I don't think any less of you because you're killing your childrens children and causing the planet to implode by using 4 plastic bags instead of your green bags.

But using a plastic bag for things which have handles and aren't that heavy (eh chip boxes, large packs of nappies, toilet paper) shits me up the wall. Just carry it you lazy fuck, its 10 times easier for you and me. And have fun carrying an 8kg bag of dog food home in a plastic bag, idiot, I'm telling you its gonna break just carry the damn thing.

Sigh, I have a 4 day weekend and am still thinking of work. Damn you, general public.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
I prefer to swipe the card, because 99% of the time they will swipe it the wrong way. Our eftpos thingies go with the strip facing outwards (different from those new cool ones, I think, like in Coles) so maybe everyone's just used to those.
ETA: Or they will swipe them in a hurry, before I've had the chance to initialise the pad :p it's not some leet-ass system that has self service eftpos, mangs!
Anyway my contribution to this thread: don't come in right when we're meant to close and decide to try on fifty million things and then leave them draped all over the walls/floor of the changing room. Fuck.

CieL

HSC
~aussiegirl!~ said:
* Don't make out infront of me for 10 minutes before making ur order..i dont need to see it
Hahaha but I find that happy couples are good to serve because they're usually in a good mood.

~aussiegirl!~ said:
* its been mentioned but dont pay for your $12.95 meal in silver coins im not a mathematician and its not fun at the end of the day counting up $20 of 5, 10, 20c pieces
You don't have to accept it.
It's legally recommended that you can refuse a bunch of 5c coins over the value of $2, and 10c & 20c pieces over the value of $4 or so..

super-em said:
O.M.G. Damn fucking straight.
There's this lady with green bags I absolutely HATEEEEE serving.
Why? Because her green bags smell like urine. No fucking joke. Urine.
They feel grubby and sticky, and she puts them all together so the smell is insane.
I always use that Dettol gel after I serve her.. I feel gross..

jodi..1 said:
Yep. Don't get the shits with ME when YOU left the green bags in your trolley, I can't see them.
Should develop a habit of looking into trolleys when you serve customers.
If I can't see the trolley I full bend my body over the counter.. and pretend I'm looking for say, more cold/frozen foods to pack into the same bag..

I learnt my lesson the hard way when there was a guy who'd put most of his items on the belt, but leave some in the trolley.. then when he left, the lady next in line told me that he walked out with a few hot dog buns and some other items..
I nearly stuffed up again when this other guy had 7 24packs of Coke in his trolley, but told me he had 5. I was going to believe him at first.. but I thought.. hmm, doesn't look right, and made him lift up the top layers of Coke to reveal 2 more boxes hiding underneath.
And then another time this guy had a bottle of juice hanging from the trolley he "forgot" to put on the belt.

patdericuo

HSC
I couldn't find any kfc-specific ones...everyone else seems to wrk at a supermarket...

1. If i'm too tall and ur short and u can't see the menu board...tell me, don't look at me with a pained expression and try and look around me... i am not a mind reader

2. Don't ask for hot n spicy chicken every time u come in. we only sell it as a promo about once every two years. it's not my choice.

3. Price. Rises. Happen. Don't complain to me cos they shit me off too...having to remember all the new prices.

4. No, we don't sell boneless, fillers, kebabs, or damned whole bbq chickens!!! for like years. b4 i was there in any case.

5. If i tell you on drive thru that i can't hear you...TURN YOUR HUGE BLOODY CAR OFF!!! just a small hint. don't you reckon that ur old landcruiser will drown u out if u talk normally!!??

6. women with screechy voices: dont use drive thru. ever.

7. had this the other day...if u have larangytis (sp?), dont come thru drive thru to order a bottle of water...whispering at the speaker box no workies...

8. don't sit at my drive thru window smoking while i am packing ur order. yes, we close in 5 mins, yes i am the only person on drive thru, yes i HATE ur cigarette smoke. esp. the way it sucks inside the store when it's v. cold outside.

9. don't call me what it says on my name badge. 9 times out of 10 it's not really my name.

and finally
10. no, i can't pack your massive arse $70 order in the allotted 60 seconds that i'm meant to. that's one hell of a lot of chicken. and ur assuming that i care about ur time.

11. yes, chips take 2:30 to cook. unless u'd like
a) chips that are about half an hour old
b) frozen chips
if u really want them, all u have to do is ask. i'm always up for something diff.:rolleyes:

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Pace_T said:
every shop has a different way of swiping so i never know if the strip is on the inside or outside. fucking pain in the ass
i hate the ones like in jb hi fi were u have to stick ur card in and pull it out..much worse.

Evilo

HSC
greekgun said:
Speaking of mystery shoppers, the shift manager told me that we had one more mystery shopper for the month coming in and they will come today. Im scarred. Wat happens if u do really shit?
nothing, the mgr's find out who u are (via mystery shopper) and they may speak to you about it.
Unless u punch them in the face then you won't have a problem

HSC
nothing, the mgr's find out who u are (via mystery shopper) and they may speak to you about it.
Unless u punch them in the face then you won't have a problem
haha, i was on a shift where we had a mystery shopper and we got a mark of like 35/100. it wasn't because i was doing nothing, i just hate asking people if they need help because 9 out of 10 times they don't, or if they do they go to the counter... and there's also the fact that i got abused by someone for asking them, but that's another story....

1. please don't tell me that you've forgotten the name of the book and the author, but remember that it's about blah blah blah.... i haven't read every book in the store, there is no way you're going to get it. try google.

2. please don't ask me about a paperback book with white covers, there are a lot of books like that and the store isn't friggin' colour-coded...

3. if i'm pushing a trolley stacked with heaps of books on it up an inclined plane, please let me actually enter the store before you pounce on me.

4. don't abuse me because i can't join two certain transactions together, it's not my fault our computer system is like that. whinging about it to a 17-year-old girl won't change anything.

it's kind of funny sometimes, people ask me if we have a certain book and i look it up and it says no, and they look at me like they don't believe me... and when people look really lost so i ask if i can help, and it turns out the section/book they're looking for is right behind them... lol.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
When you can't remember the name of a toy, and you try to describe it to me, that's fine. If I recognise the description and I know we have the toy in stock, I will get it for you.

This usually isn't an issue for me, but when a customer comes in, doesn't remember the name of the toy/what it does, but insists there are ads for it everywhere on tv, and implies I'm an idiot to not know what she's talking about, really iritates me. This one woman came in on the weekend and she was really aggressive about it. She couldn't remember anything about it except the ad, and kept insisting that I MUST have seen it because it was EVERYWHERE on tv. Look lady, just because your tv is constantly turned on to cartoons with an abundance of toy ads, doesn't mean everyone else's is. Please realise that toy advertisements are only shown during kid's shows. It's very doutbful I'm going to see an ad for a toy during World News Australia or Grey's Anatomy, which are the only things I watch these days. Most people I serve actually understand that I don't spend time outside of work researching toys, and have a laugh about all the crappy toys kids are into these days. But when you get really aggressive about it, and start implying that I'm stupid urghhh. That just pisses me off.

CieL

HSC
No, you can't borrow a lighter.
You can buy one.
No money?
Don't smoke.
Quit begging to use our lighters which are FOR SALE.

How would you feel if I went to the juice aisle, took a gulp of OJ, and sold it to you?

P

pLuvia

kate_is_me said:
When you can't remember the name of a toy, and you try to describe it to me, that's fine. If I recognise the description and I know we have the toy in stock, I will get it for you.

This usually isn't an issue for me, but when a customer comes in, doesn't remember the name of the toy/what it does, but insists there are ads for it everywhere on tv, and implies I'm an idiot to not know what she's talking about, really iritates me. This one woman came in on the weekend and she was really aggressive about it. She couldn't remember anything about it except the ad, and kept insisting that I MUST have seen it because it was EVERYWHERE on tv. Look lady, just because your tv is constantly turned on to cartoons with an abundance of toy ads, doesn't mean everyone else's is. Please realise that toy advertisements are only shown during kid's shows. It's very doutbful I'm going to see an ad for a toy during World News Australia or Grey's Anatomy, which are the only things I watch these days. Most people I serve actually understand that I don't spend time outside of work researching toys, and have a laugh about all the crappy toys kids are into these days. But when you get really aggressive about it, and start implying that I'm stupid urghhh. That just pisses me off.
I can so agree to that. Customers that insist you know the all the advertisements your retail store have made and every single product. I usually can't be fucked to help those people because they are rude, unless I have a brochure with me on my register or they have one for me to look at.

For example: A question a lady asked me was "Do you know where the blenders that were advertised on tv are placed?", I mean I can give you a rough indication of where those general products are placed but not that damn specific product, then she gets annoyed because I can't tell her. Stupid bitch

Last edited by a moderator:

Evilo

HSC
CieL said:
No, you can't borrow a lighter.
"Sure, that will be 1 dollar 25 thanks"

They usually leave after that.

If they say i dont have money, i usually tell them where the door is.

kate_is_me said:
......, and kept insisting that I MUST have seen it because it was EVERYWHERE on tv. .....
"sorry sir, i don't know which one you are talking about... please feel free to have a look around the store and see if you can spot it" <walk off>
trust me, even if they found it they won't buy it anyway - 90% chance says they will just price it cheaper somewhere else

greekgun

HSC
Dont give me a ten page speech on why you dont have ur fly bys on u when i ask have u got fly bys. A simple yes or no will be fine thanks.

When i put my sign up and there is a person waiting before i put it up, ill serve them as they have been waiting. But the next person who comes out of no where, after ive put my closed sign up will not be served. End of story, no amount of complaining, yelling or begging ( Customer-"plz plz plz ive got to pick my kids up from school"
Me- hmmm, what year are they in
Customer-one in year 8 and 12
Me-...and they cant wait like 5 minits for u? *me waking off*

*Just a side not for some kicks. As many of u know, time is very precious to us at coles, as we can use that time to do other shit.
This is a calculation on how much time use up when swiping there credit cards
-People who swipe before i can get it into eftpos mode, and then me asking and explain why they have to swipe again (about 10 secs) and it happens at least 20 times in a 3 hr shift.
-people take a million years to get there cards out (10 sec) 20 times a shift.
-people who take ages to remember what account there using (10 secs) 10 times a shift.
- people who forget there pin and have to enter it a billion times (20 secs) 5 times
-people who take ages to think of getting cash out and how much they want out (10 secs) 20 times
[(10 x 20)+(10 x 20)+(10x10)+(20x5)+(10x20)]/60= 13.33 minits wasted in a 3 hour shift. And this is just the minimum time wasted when using eftpos.

Last edited:

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
greekgun said:
Dont give me a ten page speech on why you dont have ur fly bys on u when i ask have u got fly bys. A simple yes or no will be fine thanks.

-People who swipe before i can get it into eftpos mode, and then me asking and explain why they have to swipe again (about 10 secs) and it happens at least 20 times in a 3 hr shift.
lmao

you forgot when people get annoyed at you for waiting expectantly to see their signature when paying by credit...and them grunting in exasperation when they have to reach into their pocket/handbag, open their wallet/ purse and fish their card out again.

that one's at least 30 seconds.

ohh and the people who forget to press ok and then get really irritated when i smile and say 'just press ok' AS IF I'M THE ONE HOLDING THEM UP.

oh my god this one guy attacked me when he swiped his card and then cancelled the transaction by accident three times and blamed it on me (even though i explained he was pressing cancel instead of credit)

and the people who moan about how worthless flybys are as if i'm personally offended. i mean i'm sorry, but i'm actually not able to sense that you don't have it and hate being asked if you do.

gggaaah clearly i love my job.

P

pLuvia

Yeh, as soon I scan the last product, they say credit/eftpos and immediately swipe the card, I haven't even said the total of all their products yet. Then they keep swiping until I have actually pressed all the necessary buttons to get to the eftpos/credit stage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)