Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I hate when customers get all smug, because they think they're right, when they're actually not, but you have to meet their "demands" to avoid a confrontation.

Some bitch came in the other day and bought some wine and was like "oh, no, it's $7.77", so i go check on the shelf and it's "9.97" i inform her of this, and she says nothing, so i proceed with the sale.

then, when it's finished, she goes to the back of the fridge, and TAKES the special ticket from in front of the item on the fridge and is like "clearly, it is $7.77 *stupid laugh*"

now the price ticket is for a different item in the same range, and admitedly a mistake on the part of the store, and it isnt just a case of it being the ticket for an item next to it.

Now, by rights, we dont HAVE to give her the refund on the difference, but we do because it keeps the peace, all i can do is LOUDLY ask the supervisor if we should give her the refund because it's a different ticket, and then give it to her.

This would really be fine, except for the fact that she's just there, smirking, as if she's the one in the right, when she's not, nobody is, it was a mistake, pure and simple, and if she'd not acted like a total cow i would have given her the refund without her even having to ask.

/rant

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
Customers, please do not leave your basket unattended on my conveyer belt for over 30 seconds if you still have other shit you want to buy. Also, do not leave the basket in the middle of the belt for 15mins. I do not babysit groceries, NOR the little dumb shit of a kid you have left behind along with your basket who kept aiming and shooting his toy gun at me whilst screaming, "I'M GUNNA SHOOT YOU!" repeatedly.

I swear I was going to rip the toy out of his hand and bitchslap him across his face with it.
I swear, if we were allowed to hit customer nearly every customer i have would have a black eye.

HSC
customers who come through my register and dont unpack their baskets and expect me to do it get a shock. i flip it and let everything go everywhere, they will learn :D

CieL

HSC
wuddie said:
did you try and ask the customer to stop the kid?
Yes.

When she came back to her basket and kid, she started unloading her goods. The kid started aiming the stupid gun and I said in a loud voice, "Please don't shoot that thing AGAIN".
Then she rattled on how she's told him several times to not shoot that thing in public and that she should of left it at home.
However, she did not apologise or anything to me.

darkwolfzx said:
i remember working behind the ciggies counter..amazing the way customers behave if they don't get their ciggies
It's also amazing how they behave to get their smokes.
Paying in all the change they've got left in their pockets, if they don't have enough they'll loiter outside the store asking for change, refunding FOOD they've bought because they needed smokes.... etc....

lil lelu said:
customers who come through my register and dont unpack their baskets and expect me to do it get a shock. i flip it and let everything go everywhere, they will learn
Why bother.. I just ask them directly to unpack for me.. Out of many many people I've asked, only two [female] bitches have gone, "HUH WHY" then proceed to tip it out for me whilst muttering under their breath. Men are very obedient, never a problem =p

Go Pants Free

HSC
purplemonkey said:
- If your child tells you they feel like they are going to be sick, ASK FOR A BOWL OR GO TO THE TOILET. Don’t just let them throw up in the waiting room and not tell any of the desk staff about it. Its disgusting, the other patients and the staff do not want to see, hear or smell your childs vomit.
quote]

Eww, people actually do that? Like, leave their kids' spew on the floor??

greekgun

HSC
At our coles, we have some old lady who comes in and absolutly reeks of urine, and can be smelt from one end of the store to the other (no joke); and to top it off, shes a regular. Now, everytime she comes in, the whole place reeks of urine and we have billions of customers complaining "this place stinks, make it smell better" etc.

Anywho, this old lady came to my lane to get served and i couldnt breathe at all, i was dry reaching so bad; and then after i served her, the old lady thought it would have been nice to have a chat with me for 10 mins. Now i know shes old and all, but it reeks beyond belief and no one should have to work in those conditions, so my rule is:
If u smell shit, take a god dam bath/shower before u go outside.

And thx to the customer after her who pulled out her tolit spray she purchased and started spraying around my register, she saved my life.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol coles @ broadway today looked like people were stockpiling groceries in anticipation of a nuclear disaster, that's how long the lines were. And everyone seemed to have bought everything in the store. I felt sorry for the register people :/

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
I once witnessed an argument with a customer and an employee at an op shop over $1. They were going at it (both convinced they were right) for a good few minutes. the customer didn't look that poor that they couldn't afford losing an extra dollar so it was even more ridiculous. They both looked like idiots so I guess the rule here is if there is a disagreement over a miniscule amount of money just pay for it and move on.

HSC
For customers buying those 18pk or 30pk of soft drinks and especially the FRANTELLE 24PK WATER, don't bloody put it on my belt when you KNOW the cashier can ring it through for you without scanning it. Saves you taking it out once and saves the cashier killing his/her back bringing the damn thing from the belt to the outer counter! And don't tell me, "I've got other stuff in the trolley." Put the darn thing underneath your trolley! Grrrr...had this lady who put the 24pk water on the belt. And didn't even lift a hand to help carry it off the counter. I purposely packed one of her bags horribly to spite her *grin* and then I packed the next bag real nicely. Heheheh!!!

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
greekgun said:
At our coles, we have some old lady who comes in and absolutly reeks of urine, and can be smelt from one end of the store to the other (no joke); and to top it off, shes a regular. Now, everytime she comes in, the whole place reeks of urine and we have billions of customers complaining "this place stinks, make it smell better" etc.

Anywho, this old lady came to my lane to get served and i couldnt breathe at all, i was dry reaching so bad; and then after i served her, the old lady thought it would have been nice to have a chat with me for 10 mins. Now i know shes old and all, but it reeks beyond belief and no one should have to work in those conditions, so my rule is:
If u smell shit, take a god dam bath/shower before u go outside.

And thx to the customer after her who pulled out her tolit spray she purchased and started spraying around my register, she saved my life.
I know how that is I was on an Air-Conditioned bus and this lady got on: I've seen her about. She smells of urine and her mouth does this constant moving motion. Whats most disgusting is when she has her coffee and takes off the lid and starts licking it. Looks disgusting!!

She obviously has issues: was crossing the road next to her once and she just through her cup in mid air onto the floor...

Yuck.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
you should talk to her. doesn't the bus driver have the authority to refuse her service? same as coles, can't they refuse her entry? it is not a public arena.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
wuddie said:
you should talk to her. doesn't the bus driver have the authority to refuse her service? same as coles, can't they refuse her entry? it is not a public arena.
I agree someone needs to say something to these hobos. How do you broach the subject without being really mean though? "Excuse me ma'am, you reek of urine and it's making us all sick, please leave and return when you have cleaned yourself"

I mean there's no way to sugarcoat that :/ although I guess if you don't notice that you smell like cats pissed all over you then you wouldn't notice the insult being delivered by the shop owner lol.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Maybe make a big deal out of the smell but don't say it's her. Just say that something really really reeks and you'll have to find out what it is and clean it.

Act dumb and maybe she won't realise that you think she stinks.

CieL

HSC
We had a stinky woman.
All the customers and staff complained.. we'd run to the air freshner aisle and spray the shit as she's walking out..

She got cleaned up for about 2wks.. then the smell came back..

Haven't seen her for a long time now. Which for me is a good thing.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Get 'special' people all the time who come in and stink of 12 month old shit. Disgusting.

greekgun

HSC
Ah well wat can u do? I probably cant do jack shit cuz im only a service assistant, but i doubt the hire ups will do anything about the old lady cuz all the interested in is the $$$ and they dont have to deal with her. But im going to leave coles when i turn 18 if my application in the Emergency Services Victoria is a succsess.

Evilo

HSC
your.knee said:
I once witnessed an argument with a customer and an employee at an op shop over $1. They were going at it (both convinced they were right) for a good few minutes. the customer didn't look that poor that they couldn't afford losing an extra dollar so it was even more ridiculous. They both looked like idiots so I guess the rule here is if there is a disagreement over a miniscule amount of money just pay for it and move on.
If i was right, i would argue back. I'm not letting customers push me around. These kind of people get a 'high' from pushing others around, they deserve to be put back in their place. If i was wrong however, i would give him/her the money.

EDIT - perhaps i should put this post in context. After working on the north shore, i see so many mothers with an "im better than you" attitude that need someone to actually put them back into place.

HSC
If its ten minutes from closing time, and you are the only customer left in the store, it is not a problem for a supermarket to only have one register and one express lane open.
You didn't even wait one second, so what do you have to complain about???

Seriously, I think that some people complain just for the sake of complaining. I do not think that this was an issue worth abusing the CSM over.

CieL

HSC
babikakez said:
If its ten minutes from closing time, and you are the only customer left in the store, it is not a problem for a supermarket to only have one register and one express lane open.
You didn't even wait one second, so what do you have to complain about???

Seriously, I think that some people complain just for the sake of complaining. I do not think that this was an issue worth abusing the CSM over.
I don't get it. What did they say?

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
I don't get it. What did they say?
I believe the customer complained about the lack of staff. Thats what i thought he impied anyway.

If i servered her, i would have said "Did you need any assistance, did you have to wait in line - No...i dint think so" or some smart ass comment. Its customers like her that make retail a pain in the ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)