Rules for Customers (2 Viewers)

bdude

HSC
Can y'all please put brocolli in plastic bags. That shit goes everywhere when you place it on the conveyor belt and the scales.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
if you see me at david jones miranda, then you're either at the docks (where you're not allowed to be, you non-staff member) or i'll be helping a pretty manager stack boxes, and dont ask me where the stationary is or whether the fans are marked down or not, because i dont know! :(
i work at the dock, all i do is lift boxes, move boxes, unpack boxes, and stack boxes, no customer relations plz :eek:

lacho95

HSC
Can y'all please put brocolli in plastic bags. That shit goes everywhere when you place it on the conveyor belt and the scales.
You think brocoli is bad?
Cauliflower is way worse lol!!!

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Clothing stores should really offer exchanges for change of choice and size in some instances, even though they aren't obligated to.

For one, it stops annoying customers getting angry. And also, one of clothing's main purposes is to be a fashion item. If the customer feels the lingerie, for example, doesn't serve its main purpose (e.g. being sexy/attractive) because it's too big or a puke shade of green, they should be allowed to exchange.
While I don't sell lingerie, I do sell swimwear and we are unable to exchange due to hygiene purposes, which is a common practice across retailers. We do offer exchanges for full priced items, but for sale items it can be difficult because a style of clothing can sell out within a matter of days, or even hours - our sale items are heavily discounted for this reason (we want to move the stock!). And return of faulty items can receive their money back, regardless of being full priced or sale.

Yes, customers get angry but the conditions of sale are explained very clearly to them (in three ways too - through signs, printed on receipt, are told verbally at point of sale before transaction, and even sometimes on the shop floor). I have people who refuse to try sale items on and buy it anyway, even after they are warned that they cannot bring it back multiple times. Oh well, I've done all I can in that regard.

Our exchange and refund policy is within Fair Trading guidelines and I wouldn't think it'd change any time soon, as nice as it would be to avoid the confrontations!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
No I know exactly what she means. (Each '....' represents 5-10 seconds)

Me: "Would you like your receipt?"
Old Lady: "Oh.....Um.....Oh.....Er......Gosh!....Um.....I'm not sure.....yes, actually it's probably got some of those things on the back of it.....actually, no!....too much to carry...no......um, no.... I won't take it"

Meanwhile 1324 people were just added to the express queue.
omg I hate that. Was at coles the other morning at like 7:20 so there's about 3 customers in the whole store, I just wanted to duck in quickly but ended up at the register waiting for 10 minutes while some old man struggled to understand the concept of the moving conveyor belt (even with the checkout lady and me assisting to make sure he didn't lose his money) and then talked....like.....this.....um...... and he was only buying milk so I wonder how long his weekly shopping takes him :s Was trying to be patient since he was old but it was pretty annoying

Kiim2507

HSC
If I am standing in Big W looking at items wearing a green t shirt I DO NOT WORK THERE!!

haha today I was minding my own business in big w looking at something and this lady (yes she was old) comes up to me and asks where she can find something..I was like uh..I think its over there and she was asking me all these things and I was like ?? and then finally she was like...'Oh are you a customer? You don't work here?' Haha no shit I'm wearing a green t shirt, jeans and sneakers... haha man some people.

HSC
if you see me at david jones miranda, then you're either at the docks (where you're not allowed to be, you non-staff member) or i'll be helping a pretty manager stack boxes, and dont ask me where the stationary is or whether the fans are marked down or not, because i dont know! :(
i work at the dock, all i do is lift boxes, move boxes, unpack boxes, and stack boxes, no customer relations plz :eek:
I did this kind of work for a while at a bookstore. It is good for your arms, but not the best for your back :(

lacho95

HSC
If I am standing in Big W looking at items wearing a green t shirt I DO NOT WORK THERE!!

haha today I was minding my own business in big w looking at something and this lady (yes she was old) comes up to me and asks where she can find something..I was like uh..I think its over there and she was asking me all these things and I was like ?? and then finally she was like...'Oh are you a customer? You don't work here?' Haha no shit I'm wearing a green t shirt, jeans and sneakers... haha man some people.
omg that happens to me all the time. the other day i was in coles and some lady came up to me and asked where rice is... i wa just like god damn it!!

Ksubi

HSC
Ahaha my bad, read your first post wrong.
BUT, if I had come in and bought stuff, I would have assumed that you had eftpos.

so really, i'm not that much of an airhead ;)

ahahah thats k. no i didnt think you were :p

This is the bane of my life. There's a giant sign saying "No exchange or refund" on my sale racks - yet I have people come in asking if they can "only change the size". Arghh!
YES! SOME ONE KNOWs WHAT FRUSTRATION IM TAKING BOUT!

i had workplacement at terget roselands in the back dock... i couldnt move after that for a week :(

css

HSC
I've got a good one.

DON'T ASK FOR THINGS WE DON'T SELL.
AND THEN DON'T COMPLAIN AFTER SETTLING FOR THE OTHER THING THAT WE DO SELL THAT IT'S NOT WHAT YOU WANTED.

OF COURSE IT ISN'T.
THE THING YOU WANTED DOESN'T EXIST.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
1) I dont want to know your life story when I ask "Hi, how are you"
2) UNPACK YOUR BASKET
2a) PUT YOUR FKING BASKET ON THE FLOOR NOT LEAVE IT ON THE BELT OR DESK
3) When I ask for your Everyday Rewards card, do not say "No thanks" like I was offering you one, fuck sake.
4) Don't give me your FlyBys card kthx
5) Express means 15 items or LESS.
6) I'm standing there on the register looking at the roof bored, ofcourse I am fking open for god sakes! Would I be standing there if I was closed?
7) As soon as I finish your transaction, take your god damn bags out of my bagging area so I can put the next customers shit down, I will give you a very unimpressed look If you make me wait.
8) Stand close to the express desk when I am giving you the change, why make me lean over to give your your coins?
9) If you are on express, put your shit on the large bench right nex to me, not the small desk further away from me, why make me reach??

Woolworths has made me such a RAGED person!! grrr

Treefeet

HSC
i agree to everything you just said ^^

especially number 2..

ok so im short ish ( 164cms *something like that*) and well the belt goes up to my tummy, and so the basket will be up my breasts.. and this guy is like.. oh do you want me to take out the items or shall you just doing it... (him thinking ill just say, oh its ok ill just do it.. but i thought nope, screw you) and i said.. well it would be better for you to take it out, as i am short and its quite high for me to reach.. and believe it or not.. you should have seen the look on his face.. he looked liked, he was really sorry..

so im going to use that line all the time.. cos if not.. ill just turn the basket upside down... it does take more time to take the items out of the basket.

oh on another note:

When people hand me their credit card or eftpos card.. i just say ok swipe or insert card now.. i mean if your older enough and you make enough money to get the bloody card in the first place you must be older enough to bloody swipe it yourself.. lazy arse customers.

oh and yes i work for Woolies too

Last edited:

Otacon2009

HSC
Can parents refrain from bringing their children to the store if they are wearing those squeaking shoes? Seriously, I can almost hear your kid moving through the store and that's competitng against the checkout beeps, talking, in store radio and noisy produce refridgerators. Seriously, it's annoying. They aren't cute or funny. If parents think it's ok, I'll come around to your car and sabotage the engine belts so you can enjoy the squeaking the car!

waza_

HSC
This applies for KFC in a rush

Yes you can see we're busy, DON'T HAVE TO FUCKING STATE THE OBVIOUS!!!
Just because I'm the only one on front because drive through is getting slaughtered does not mean you have the right to rub it in my face and say shit like "it's about time I got served"
Lastly, I swear to god do NOT abuse me in a rush! I'm under enough pressure as it is and you yelling at me only makes me want to jump over the counter and beat the living shit out of you

end rant for now!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
@Treefeet

If the customer leaves the basket on the belt or bench (or puts it down when i ask them to, in a really dumb place), despite having a basket rack right behind them, I have started making them wait, and walking around and placing it on the basket rack myself.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
3) When I ask for your Everyday Rewards card, do not say "No thanks" like I was offering you one, fuck sake.
Dude, wtf else do you want them to say? Its just a polite way of saying no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)