Save sex? (1 Viewer)

L

littlewing69

BradCube said:
I beg to differ, although understanding what I have said may be easy, actually believing and "accepting Jesus into your heart" is not so easy since it requires that you follow his commands (since he essentially was God). Just believing that Jesus exists is not the same as "accepting into your heart" as the latter requires a will to change your ways.

I understand entirely--I've done it several times myself. The verse quoted contains Jesus saying the way to attain eternal life is to love God and love your neighbour. Essentially, this is salvation through works, and contradictory to current Protestan orthodoxy, which seems to be more Paul than Jesus at times.

L

littlewing69

BradCube said:
I would also like explanation as to how the Jews had to earn their way into his good books.
It fits right into the covenantal theology you're talking about. In the Old Covenant, God's favour was hard to get, and had to be attained through appeasing him with sacrifice and righteousness. Check out how much smiting gets dealt out to the guys who stuff up....

Personally, I can't make sense of the difference between the Covenants. It seems to me that an unchangeable God wouldn't decide on a whim to totally renovate the way he deals with humanity. It's not even like humans had changed that much in the ~2000 years since the first Covenant.

googol

HSC
I am 18, single, male and still virgin and never ever have a girlfriend.
I'm a Christian.

It's not that I can't get none, it's because I don't want none, it's for keeping the morales of my traditionalist family. If you can understand... I don't know why everyone talks about sex so much, is it because you guys are trying to asert peer pressure on others to have sex? I don't think it can work on me though, hence I finished high school a virgin.

Last edited:
T

Testpilot

Ok, before this thread starts up again as a religous debate let me say this:

-People are free to choose their religion (this includes having none).
-Just because your religion says one thing doesn't mean it applies to everyone.
-Sex before marriage is a personal decision (therefore making this thread redundant). There is no absolute right or wrong. Either you choose to have sex or you choose to wait. What ever you choose it is for you only, others are capable of thinking for themselves.
-You do not have the right to tell others what they should do.

That was directed at nobody, but seeing as the person above bumped the thread I figured that somebody should state the obvious before it degenerates into a 'You have sex? you sinful person, how dare you disobey my religion' VS 'I have sex, its my choice, don't dictate morals to me'.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
googol said:
I'm a Christian.

It's not that I can't get none, it's because I don't want none, it's for keeping the morales of my traditionalist family. If you can understand... I don't know why everyone talks about sex so much, is it because you guys are trying to asert peer pressure on others to have sex? I don't think it can work on me though, hence I finished high school a virgin.
gaaaaah.
there is no need to start the debate. again.

people talk about sex so much because they havent waited, and i assume its something they enjoy and have the freedom to be able to discuss it and talk openly about it. it has nothing to do with peer pressure, if you decide to wait thats your choice. noone can force you not to wait, but at the same time, be aware of people who have had pre marital sex. and realise that this does not make them any more or less of a person than you.

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
googol said:
I'm a Christian.

Uh, actually, the human body has several basic needs: food, water, shelter and procreation. Saying you "I want any sex" is like saying "I don't want any food". While a lack of sex won't kill you, it's one of the basic drives most human beings are driven to fulfil. In fact, procreation is much more imoprtant than food, shelter and water because while those three guarantee the survival of the individual, procreation guarantees the survival of the species.

Religion, on the other hand, is not a need of society or the individual. It's a choice, a luxury and when it comes down to it, biology trumps religion every time. So don't make stupid statements like "I don't want none". You might be the man of faith and take the moral high ground, but in saying that intercourse is some kind of blessing or miracle (you didn't say it outright, but you damn well implied it), you're basically looking down on everyone and saying they're shallow because they're not of the same school of thought.

googol

HSC
I merely only stated my reply to this thread, not for it to cause any sort of argument.
I DO NOT have anything against people having sex before marriage, it's their choice. But I choose NOT to.
I don't want none, because I don't need it yet.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I merely only stated my reply to this thread, not for it to cause any sort of argument.
When you state I believe X: These are my reasons, I think it's pretty fair that others should get to comment on your reasoning, isn't it?

googol

HSC
Yes, you may state your opinion on my reply if you wish, but I do not intend for my opinion to cause any type of argument.

Last edited:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
When people say things, it's usually just their opinion.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes, you may state your opinion on my reply if you wish, but I do intend for my opinion to cause any type of argument.
How could we state a contradictory opinion to yours and not have an argument occur? That's why the whole " I don't want an argument " line pisses me off, if people actually try to abide by it they're just silenced, unable to comment since you've already said your piece.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
googol said:
I DO NOT have anything against people having sex before marriage, it's their choice. But I choose NOT to.
Notice how many of them who have will still get agitated and angry, maybe it makes them feel devalued or that they have potentially lost something in the name of following a certain social trend, whatever.

That aside the strict interpretation of "no sex before marraige" is a purely catholic rather than christian doctrine, literally interpreted the bible realy forbids two things:

*intercourse before marriage
*sodomy always

Thus a christian can probably have a good sex life before marriage as long as you are a little creative - unless ofcourse you adhere to the doctrines of catholisism and thus adhere to their version of premarital relationships, no marriage for priests, the pope and the hundreds of other things that are nowhere to be found in the holy bible.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
That aside the strict interpretation of "no sex before marraige" is a purely catholic rather than christian doctrine, literally interpreted the bible realy forbids two things:

*intercourse before marriage
*sodomy always
Wow, aren't you the great bible scholar... You could not be more wrong and I challenge you to find me even ONE christian authority that supports your claim.

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
googol said:
Read the first bit, about how saying "I don't want it" is a stupid thing to say. As soon as our bodies are old enough - ie once we're out of puberty - the ability to procreate becomes an underlying desire in the human psyche. You're just lying to yourself if you keep insisting that you don't want any.

Skeeta

HSC
Yes. I agree with the above. The want for sex is normal.

If you have no desire for sex in any way, shape or form (meaning, you dont get erections , masturbate, have a sexual thought) - it could be a sexual disorder.

You can choose not to ACT on your feelings but I believe it is completely normal to have sexual urges.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Skeeta said:
Yes. I agree with the above. The want for sex is normal.

If you have no desire for sex in any way, shape or form (meaning, you dont get erections , masturbate, have a sexual thought) - it could be a sexual disorder.
I'd say it would be as opposed to could be.
Skeeta said:
You can choose not to ACT on your feelings but I believe it is completely normal to have sexual urges.
It is. If he wants to quote the Bible on the subject ... well, two can play that that game. If you take a look a tthe Book of Susanna, it centres around two judges who confront Susanna and demand that she has sex with them or else they'll find her guilty of a crime or some such. Basically, the point is that while they observed the scriptures (until the point they accosted her), they still had sexual urges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)