schapelle corby - innocent or guilty? (1 Viewer)

Garygaz

HSC
Are you seriously suggesting that is a credible way of proving her guilt?
You best be trolling.

For: Her dad and mum have been convicted of drug related offences. Both her and her boyfriend admitted to being heavy users of cannabis. She was apparently 'awkwardly jumpy' when the Indonesian officers asked her if the boogie bag was hers, to which she laughingly agreed. She or her boyfriend don't body board.

Against: A conspiracy theory that Qantas bag movers shoved it into her bag which has barely any proof except one ex-worker who claims he thought it had happened before.

Weigh them up?

HSC
seriously people, shes a fucking sook.
Of course she's guilty, her family has a history of being involved with drugs, and she got caught and threw a fucking tantrum.
Now she's trying to play the crazy card to come back to Australia. If she wanted to be involved in drugs, especially in another country then she needs to be able to accept the consequences and harden the fuck up.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
trying to import drugs.
import drugs into a slightly unstable country.

guilty.

she complaining about a 20 year sentence when she could have got life in prison or received a death penalty compared to the more unforunate bali nine.

unless its for medicinal purposes yo.

seriously people, shes a fucking sook.
Of course she's guilty, her family has a history of being involved with drugs, and she got caught and threw a fucking tantrum.
Now she's trying to play the crazy card to come back to Australia. If she wanted to be involved in drugs, especially in another country then she needs to be able to accept the consequences and harden the fuck up.
quoted for the truth.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
DavidBen, I want to believe that you are sarcastically mocking the australian stereotype, but it is getting harder to tell myself that!

Nobody knows whether schapelle is innocent or guilty, obviously. Personally I lean more towards thinking she is guilty. If this is the case, I think she is a stupid idiot for taking that risk, but I honestly don't think she deserves to rot for 20 years when rapists and murderers get less than that over here. But she took that risk, knowing the consequences.

Last edited:
HSC
if 4kg of marijuana gets put in your boogeyboard bag, your going to notice it. Boogey boards weigh about 500 grams, you'd have to be a compete idiot not to feel the difference in weight of your bag. Plus her father and brother are convicted drug dealers, which futher adds to the case

megan22

HSC
exactly. plus schipol is an innocent and beautiful and one of oz's greatest acheivements. god bless scalpel corby copy n paste this into yr sig if u agree!!!!!

xoxoxox

hahahahha, who are you??!!
If you claim to "support Australia", how can you say that its best achievement is that it has a claim on someone who is in jail for drug smuggling? rofl.

And also, her name is schapelle. Not "schipol" and not "scalpel" - that is a surgeon's tool. I fail to find one place in this entire thread where you've actually managed to spell her name properly. Maybe manage that much if you want to sound credible.

orthentix

HSC
lol. Think of it this way, even if she is guilty, she was smuggling it 'out' of our country atleast. =/

HSC
N/A
You best be trolling.

For: Her dad and mum have been convicted of drug related offences. Both her and her boyfriend admitted to being heavy users of cannabis. She was apparently 'awkwardly jumpy' when the Indonesian officers asked her if the boogie bag was hers, to which she laughingly agreed. She or her boyfriend don't body board.

Against: A conspiracy theory that Qantas bag movers shoved it into her bag which has barely any proof except one ex-worker who claims he thought it had happened before.

Weigh them up?
I see no evidence for guilty, only a bunch of slightly related stuff that could prove her guilt with EVIDENCE X. We don't have EVIDENCE X, so we're left with a hunch. A hunch is not proof. I think she's guilty too, but since there's no proof she shouldn't have been convicted.

Sod off you moron.

HSC
N/A
DavidBen, I want to believe that you are sarcastically mocking the australian stereotype, but it is getting harder to tell myself that!

Nobody knows whether schapelle is innocent or guilty, obviously. Personally I lean more towards thinking she is guilty. If this is the case, I think she is a stupid idiot for taking that risk, but I honestly don't think she deserves to rot for 20 years when rapists and murderers get less than that over here. But she took that risk, knowing the consequences.
It's David Ben-Gurion, you fruit.

Vandalism

HSC
Given she was prosecuted with circumstantial evidence, I still believe she's guilty.

The family history was the nail in the coffin there.

U

Ubik

She should be given a medal for her heroic attempt at subversion of the perverted regime of prohibition.

acemusic415

HSC
You best be trolling.

Weigh them up?
That’s not a valid supposition since that’s an association fallacy – more specifically guilt by association. I could hypothetically say that, my family are predominantly vindictive murderers and rapists; however that doesn’t specifically conclude that I am one also. If this idea of having family members as criminals, it would have been suppressed long ago by the Judge, as it has no bearing in the case at hand and as well as having no legitimacy because it’s pure speculation.
Well, besides that, I wouldn’t really know as it’s all hearsay and conjecture. To the point – 20 years is no where punitive as she should have received life or death. She should be gratified altogether.

Ben1220

HSC
I realise this topic has been debated for years, but I'm just curious to know what peoples serious views on Schapelle Corby are, and whether they think she's guilty or innocent.

I don't know, and frankly, no one else here does either.

Garygaz

HSC
That’s not a valid supposition since that’s an association fallacy – more specifically guilt by association. I could hypothetically say that, my family are predominantly vindictive murderers and rapists; however that doesn’t specifically conclude that I am one also. If this idea of having family members as criminals, it would have been suppressed long ago by the Judge, as it has no bearing in the case at hand and as well as having no legitimacy because it’s pure speculation.
Well, besides that, I wouldn’t really know as it’s all hearsay and conjecture. To the point – 20 years is no where punitive as she should have received life or death. She should be gratified altogether.
I'm clearly not arguing this from a legal point of view lol, rather one of a media commentator. zz

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
The Schappelle Corby Indifference Group - for those who know that even if knew enough to make an accurate judgement (which we don't), we still wouldn't care! Fighting the non-chalant fight since 04'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)