School Captains & Prefects (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Neither. I've always assumed it's just a Year 12 SRC member that isn't a Captain?
We have SRC+ house vice captain (year 11)+house captain (year 12) [there are like 6 houses in my school]+ school vice captain+school captain

annndd that's it I believe.
I get to tell little kids off + have responsibilities (such as prefect duty - telling kids off at the train station or in the cafeteria)
you just stand around at the train station telling people to put their blazers back on?
gawsh
I would hate doing that
Someone needs to reread Harry Potter. Percy is a prefect.
I know that- but I don't recall what he actually did.
Wait... wasn't he head boy or something??

HSC
N/A
I don't remember if he was ever head. The other Wesley brother was at one stage I think.
maybe i'm getting confuzzled D:

I told that teacher I was going to do it, and he was really supportive. I'm not sure why he's telling me to do it though...
is it so he could say that the past two leaders of our House originated from his homeroom? Or does he genuinely mean what he says? I wish I was a mind reader :(

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
maybe i'm getting confuzzled D:

I told that teacher I was going to do it, and he was really supportive. I'm not sure why he's telling me to do it though...
is it so he could say that the past two leaders of our House originated from his homeroom? Or does he genuinely mean what he says? I wish I was a mind reader :(
What a waste of mind reading powers.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
At my school, prefects are separate from the SRC. The prefects have more duties and attend different events. The SRC doesn't do that much at mine, except organise casual clothes day and barbeques.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
What is the difference between captain/prefect and a school ambassador?

Uh.. not too sure actually... it used to be all the same but somehow it changed a couple of years ago, so now we have different positions for it...

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
oh and they also go to different events and stuff organised by the DET specifically for Ambassadors or Captains. But most school just sends their Captains anyway

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Know this has been said before but i'm just so pissed. The whole system is BS. In most schools popularity is 99% of what you need to get in. Most people who get in cbf doing anything to change the school and make it a better place.

Even those who wish to make a change can't deliberate it in the end as most decisions have to be group voted (and run).

Schools should keep in place stricter regulations on who should get in (ie proving their motivation).

Trust me, if 3 years of being in my school's SRC has taught me something it is this.

/end mini-rant (sorry to hijack your thread OP :biggrin:)

iheartbones

HSC
I want to go for School Captain, but I'm too nervous with speeches and I don't think I'm very persuasive. I'm not exactly too popular with kids at my school either. Too nerdish.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
I want to go for School Captain, but I'm too nervous with speeches and I don't think I'm very persuasive. I'm not exactly too popular with kids at my school either. Too nerdish.
lol you may think you're a nerd but you might surprise yourself about how other people think about you! Just have a go, never hurts to try :)

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Know this has been said before but i'm just so pissed. The whole system is BS. In most schools popularity is 99% of what you need to get in. Most people who get in cbf doing anything to change the school and make it a better place.

Even those who wish to make a change can't deliberate it in the end as most decisions have to be group voted (and run).

Schools should keep in place stricter regulations on who should get in (ie proving their motivation).

Trust me, if 3 years of being in my school's SRC has taught me something it is this.

/end mini-rant (sorry to hijack your thread OP :biggrin:)
Well if the people could have enough motivation, then they would be able to think of ways to influence the group for the project to be run..

But I do agree in the sense that improvements or a project to make the school a better place is pretty hard to run when it's by yourself..

Stricter regulations = improvement in quality of people in SRC but also = less people as most only want to be in it to look good.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Well if the people could have enough motivation, then they would be able to think of ways to influence the group for the project to be run..

But I do agree in the sense that improvements or a project to make the school a better place is pretty hard to run when it's by yourself..

Stricter regulations = improvement in quality of people in SRC but also = less people as most only want to be in it to look good.
Yeh good point, quality not quantity. Maybe they should be shown responsibilities they had to take before they were admitted (e.g. canteen duty). That'd weed out heaps of them.

But let's all just agree that humans sucks. (i'm speaking like Spiralflex now)

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Yea.. responsibilities, definitely, but also a series of criteria to meet so idiots can't get in.

lol I agree. Humans suck.

But I shall remain forever human XD

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Yea.. responsibilities, definitely, but also a series of criteria to meet so idiots can't get in.

lol I agree. Humans suck.

But I shall remain forever human XD
They'll ALWAYS find a way to get in. :p

Hala14

HSC
I am currently vice captain of my school and i can sure tell you that it is an amazing experience! Go for it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)