School Leavers Scholarships (1 Viewer)

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
if that is the 'high achiever's' one for a UAI of 99.95+, i'm pretty sure u can use it on anything u like
nar it's not hahaha. i wish. it's some all-round thing where they take other things into account. same amount though. you have to keep a dist. (75) average for this one.

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
danz90 said:
awwwww Congrats! :D
Did you get Merit or Entry?

Man, I have a really bad feeling about this scholarship, if it doesn't arrive today...
:cold: :cold: :cold:
either way, don't they have to tell you whether you got it or not?

anyways, good luck with it! mine only arrived late yesterday, and they can get pretty tardy with sending these things out. but i'm sure that if you were shortlisted, you have a brilliant chance.

danz90

HSC
nicko1990 said:
either way, don't they have to tell you whether you got it or not?

anyways, good luck with it! mine only arrived late yesterday, and they can get pretty tardy with sending these things out. but i'm sure that if you were shortlisted, you have a brilliant chance.
yeah, but the rejection letters are the ones that arrive later lol.
Thanks! I really hope I do get one..

Nervousssss.....mail should be arriving any minute now.

danz90

HSC
omgosh the mailman is on the other side of the street.... moment of truth is coming soon.

ugggggggh...

EDIT: No Letter = No scholarship for me :( :( :(

Last edited:

Domitius E

HSC
N/A
nicko1990 said:
hi everyone, i got an all-round scholarship from the faculty of economics and business worth $10K a year. I'm very very happy, but does anyone know if I can use this scholarship for commerce/law? or just commerce? thanks!
I got this too and was told I could use it for a combined degree, but i'd only get the $10k per year for each year that I'm studying with the Faculty of E+B (so for the first 3 years of your BCom/LLB program).

Perhaps I'll be seeing you next year? ;)

cm90

HSC
danz90 said:
awwwww Congrats! :D
Did you get Merit or Entry?

Man, I have a really bad feeling about this scholarship, if it doesn't arrive today...
:cold: :cold: :cold:
the entry one. hey don't give up hope just yet, maybe its better, you maybe offered a merit so just wait a little more :D

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
Domitius E said:
I got this too and was told I could use it for a combined degree, but i'd only get the $10k per year for each year that I'm studying with the Faculty of E+B (so for the first 3 years of your BCom/LLB program).

Perhaps I'll be seeing you next year? ;)
awww so it's for 3 yrs then? that's quite alrite. unless unsw offer me something similar (which i doubt), then i should see you there next year!

Domitius E

HSC
N/A
nicko1990 said:
awww so it's for 3 yrs then? that's quite alrite. unless unsw offer me something similar (which i doubt), then i should see you there next year!
i got UNSW Scientia scholarship, but i think i'll be taking USyd anyway :)

jenecis

HSC
Results are in for the Macquarie Scholarships. Check your email!

danz90

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
yep got macquarie uni scholarship, so i'll probs go there - did u get one from macquarie jenecis ?
Ugh, there was a letter from USyd, but it was an invitation to a breakfast for HSC High Achievers. I was like soo hopeful that it was the scholarship...

I'm freakin devastated.. looks like there's no scholarship for me. far out :(

I guess there's tiny hope: This letter that I got today was dated 19th Dec, and so are the scholarship offer letters... and I got that other letter today.. which maybe means there's some sort of delay in the mail?

georules

HSC
danz90 said:
Ugh, there was a letter from USyd, but it was an invitation to a breakfast for HSC High Achievers. I was like soo hopeful that it was the scholarship...
yeh, i got the same letter. I could have sworn it was going to be a scholarship letter.

Have all the scholarships from the economics and business faculty been sent out?

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
georules, dunno, but i got the merit one from them on monday (i won't be accepting it though, so i dunno if they then give it to someone else?)

danz90, sorry man, but it's not the end of the world, at least u can easily make it into your course, then i hear they do offer sholarships to 2nd yer, 3rd year students, etc if they perform well

i also got the high achiever's breakfast thing - if only macquarie uni had a free bbq then my day would be:

USYD Breakfast 8:30-9:30
UNSW Morning tea 10:45 - ???
Macquarie for lunch

lol free food!!

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
danz90 said:

I'm freakin devastated.. looks like there's no scholarship for me. far out :(

I guess there's tiny hope: This letter that I got today was dated 19th Dec, and so are the scholarship offer letters... and I got that other letter today.. which maybe means there's some sort of delay in the mail?
Its xmas time, there is always a delay in the mail lol.

Bad news is that u r gonna have to wait a few days for more mail :(

Oh well, at least u got shortlisted, i was rejected straight away lol

danz90

HSC
I guess I'm not really gonna give up hope until I get a rejection letter, even though things look really bleak. Man, I thought I did well in my application, had a solid personal statement and awesome school reference etc. etc.

It MAY be possible that my letter has been accidentally forgotten, or mixed in with other offers for non-HSC students, which are to be sent out in early January. And on the short listed letter it says: "All applicants, successful or otherwsie, will be notified by the end of Janury."

Maybe I'm lucky and got a Merit Scholarship, and they haven't been sent out yet? LOL... I like my optimism.. but reality that I'm not getting a scholarship is overbearing.

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
georules said:
yeh, i got the same letter. I could have sworn it was going to be a scholarship letter.

Have all the scholarships from the economics and business faculty been sent out?
i got the day before yesterday, and they were dated 18th dec, so there are delays in the mail. perhaps they release it in 'waves'? faculty of E+B tends to be notoriously slow

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
Domitius E said:
i got UNSW Scientia scholarship, but i think i'll be taking USyd anyway :)
the scientia guys and gals will have it marginally harder... they need 80 average, while the usyd one is 75. not much difference, but less studying all the same :)

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
nicko1990 said:
the scientia guys and gals will have it marginally harder... they need 80 average, while the usyd one is 75. not much difference, but less studying all the same :)
macquarie needs a 'grade point average (GPA)' of 3 i believe

this equates to 65+ (credit)

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
macquarie needs a 'grade point average (GPA)' of 3 i believe

this equates to 65+ (credit)
wow lucky! if you were good enough to get it in the first place, it shouldn't take much (if any) effort to keep it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)