SDD Major Project Ideas (2 Viewers)

chrisbay90

HSC
A teacher at my school produces a 'snapshot' every 3 or so months of our performance in each subject that displays all of our assessments, there weightings the mark and where we rank in each subject and overall in our grade. He was using a poorly constructed ms access table that mail merged even worse with ms word. The entire process was beyond tedious.

So i simplified it and created a dbms to automate the entire process.

Ask around, see if any problem needs solving at your school.

theitguy

HSC
So how are the 2009'ers doing in SDD this year? We are about to get our major project. We in class have done Flash instead of the usual visual basic, but I'm pretty confident I'd be able to use visual basic well. I was thinking about doing my major project in C++ too.

Right now, however, I was thinking about making a game similar to iSketch, using flash for the interface, and PHP + MYSQL for the grunt work.

Does ANYBODY else use flash? Haha. What are the 2009'ers going to do for it?

ray ban

HSC
would you agree with a quiz game, involving around 3-4 quizzes. like the ones you can find online for your myspace
eg.
what brand of alcohol are you?
what 70s rock band are you?
what superhero are you?

giving a somewhat witty explanation for each result..

thats what i'm thinking of; good idea?

scottath

HSC
I'm a little stuck....

I'm thinking of doing a Backup (schedualed) program or a game like Space invaders.....
Problem: i HAVE to do the project in python (requirment of the assignment0

Can anyone else give me a good suggestion please :)

thanks

scottath

chrisando91

HSC
I am currently working on a don't forget the lyrics type game
which plays the song, then the user has to write the missing words in
but i want 2 hear bout other ideas...
anyone?

SamuelW23

HSC
My major is a memory/pairs game, with Artificial intellegence and uses multi demensional arrays, and accesses code from .dll files.

Some of these functions are getting way to complex, i might need to take a step back and go for more simpler AI

tedelex06

HSC
My major is a memory/pairs game, with Artificial intellegence and uses multi demensional arrays, and accesses code from .dll files.

Some of these functions are getting way to complex, i might need to take a step back and go for more simpler AI

sounds good if you can pull it off lol.

TheStallion

HSC
I'm unsure for mine, but I'm looking at something like an online FPS game. I'm definitely going to go all out and over the top with everything, since I'm really looking at/hoping for a top 10 in the state position for SDD.

HSC
for mine im currently making solitaire except, i really can't do the drag and drop, so instead i found it quite convenient to use command buttons instead.

btw im using VB

HSC
I'm unsure for mine, but I'm looking at something like an online FPS game. I'm definitely going to go all out and over the top with everything, since I'm really looking at/hoping for a top 10 in the state position for SDD.
good luck with that.

:)

robm

HSC
i made a vehicle management system for year 12 SDD and got 100% in it, i was pretty damn happy when i found out.

for mine im currently making solitaire except, i really can't do the drag and drop, so instead i found it quite convenient to use command buttons instead.

btw im using VB
i made mine in vb as well, and it has a click and drag function. the code is fairly simple, just look it up on google. Use events such as mouseover, mousedown, dragdrop, etc.

This site is what taught me the most in vb, its got step by step video instructions:

Visual Basic How Do I Video Series

HSC
i made a vehicle management system for year 12 SDD and got 100% in it, i was pretty damn happy when i found out.

i made mine in vb as well, and it has a click and drag function. the code is fairly simple, just look it up on google. Use events such as mouseover, mousedown, dragdrop, etc.

This site is what taught me the most in vb, its got step by step video instructions:

Visual Basic How Do I Video Series
is this referring to VB6 or VB 2008?

coz atm im capped, nd the videos lagging :)

DiZe

HSC
I need to make a educational quiz in Visual basic. is anyone willing to add me on msn and help me abit?

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
One of my friends is doing a pokemon clone. I'm working out something to one up him.

RushDawgs

HSC
Uni Grad
I made a piano for my major for year 11 but im not so sure what i can make this year

thinking of guitar hero but using the same principles of the piano but eh. not to sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)