dadeng

HSC
multiple-choice was hard.

... lost 4 marks already.

Badberries

HSC
Re: General Thoughts: Business Studies

What did you guys get for question 3?
"An australian business has opened a factory in china. What method of international expansion is this?"
A) Export
B) Licensing
C) management contract
D) direct foreign investment

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Not hard?

Im not sure i think it was FWA also.

dam i put common law T.T

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Work_Australia
The answer IS common law. I was also about to put FWA but look at the syllabus. Employment relations. The heading is "legal framework of employment relations", first dot point "the employment contract - common law (rights and obligations of employers and employees), statutes, awards, agreements."

For everyone stressing out over that question it's common law. Most people at my school put that as well. And it's directly from the syllabus.

HSC

what did you guys get for question 3?
"an australian business has opened a factory in china. What method of international expansion is this?"
a) export
b) licensing
c) management contract
d) direct foreign investment
d) fdi

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad

was the answer for this question a or b?

Riley has 150 employees.She is preparing a report outlining her companys plans to ensure women have better access to senior positions. Which workplace issue is Riley addressing?
a) anti discrimination
b) EEO
c) OH&S
d) workers compensation
I put A but some people are saying B. I still think it's A because from what I know, EEO is only applicable in the recruitment process so they can't discriminate against any applicant and must provide equal employment opportunities for everyone. Reason I put A was because the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 I believe included previous legislation regarding race, religion, gender etc (that's all I remember from memory). Still the only question I'm not 100% right about.

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad

I don't think so tbh mate.

EEO - Equal Employment Opportunity --> basically to ensure that when in the employment process, certain characteristics don't hinder one's chances.

It's clear from the question that the women were already employed as Riley was trying to 'ensure women have better access'.
This.

hup

HSC
N/A

I put A but some people are saying B. I still think it's A because from what I know, EEO is only applicable in the recruitment process so they can't discriminate against any applicant and must provide equal employment opportunities for everyone. Reason I put A was because the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 I believe included previous legislation regarding race, religion, gender etc (that's all I remember from memory). Still the only question I'm not 100% right about.
eeo includes recruitment, selection, training and promotion

WorryWartCob

HSC

ok.
now im pissed.

by the looks of things i got 18/20.
fuck the two i got wrong were easy..

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad

if you have the jacaranda book, page 407
Nope I don't have the book. I'll trust that it's B then. Fuck it, means I got 18 then. I'm happy considering I was ranging 12-17 when I was practicing MC. Anyways, exam's over. Gotta go do English. Good luck guys.

BobSherman93

HSC

It is common law, FWA doesnt do shit except if employees start complaining, besides, the "act in good faith and use care and skill stuff" has always been set down by precendent, therefore common law
ALSO EEO is the correct answer, in business you should treat women as equally as men and EEO promotes equality so women can have opportunities

thefatman123

HSC

the sylabus dot point says "Common Law (rights and obligations of employers and employees)" and the question said "...is it the resposnsibility of employees..." looks like a clear allusion tot he common law section of the syl
anyway in legla we laernt that FWA is a body that oversees the implementation of the FWA act and the NES and looks into complaints, it itself doesnt create obligations for employees but it enforces them
so really" under common law it is the responsibility of employees to use care and skill in work activities, an obligation enforced and over watched by FWA"

Tennisaddict

HSC

Yeah I think it is Common Law now! :/
Down to 19 :(

WorryWartCob

HSC

Looks like i got the

Question 2 - What type of Industrial Action is a Lockout - wrong. omfg.
Question 19 - What does a Cash flow statement show?

thefatman123

HSC
Re: Not hard?

alright guys answers to multiple choice, correct me if im wrong
1)D 2)B 3)D 4)C 5)C 6)B 7)A 8)C 9)D 10)B 11)A 12)B 13)C 14)C 15)D 16)A 17)C 18)C 19)B 20)A
got all the same as you except these ones, and ive gotta say im pretty confident that im right on all those ones
2)A
10)C
14)D
15)A
16)B
17)C
18)C

major screw up by me though, i said having a debt:equity ratio lower then the industry average signified pooper solvency :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)