• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Are you prepared to be a slack fuck?

Yes (X) No ()

If 'no', thank you for completing the questionnaire, please try again next year. Railcorp thanks you.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Are you prepared to be a slack fuck?

Yes (X) No ()

If 'no', thank you for completing the questionnaire, please try again next year. Railcorp thanks you.
Rate which of these best describes you, and which worst describes you:
- Can meet deadlines
- Feel comfortable with new people
- Think rules are important
- Can come up with innovative ideas

For such a question I said I'm innovative and that rules can ggf.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Fuck matlab's a piece of shit. I hate it so hard.

Also I did the railcorp personality test. Do they actually cull people based on that shit, cause it's fucking hard to see how you could make yourself look like a balanced human being from the responses they asked you to choose.
haha, no love for matlab. did you do that matlab course in 2nd year waf? Back when software engineers had to do quite a bit of the electrical engineering course.

I really don't know about the test. It's supposed to help determine where where you'd be most productive, which managers would suit you best and shit like that apparently. It's not supposed to deter or enhance your chances of selection, but you know how these things go...

On a side note, basically once you're in, they'll try and keep you for the rest of your uni days and stream you into the grad program.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
haha, no love for matlab. did you do that matlab course in 2nd year waf? Back when software engineers had to do quite a bit of the electrical engineering course.

I really don't know about the test. It's supposed to help determine where where you'd be most productive, which managers would suit you best and shit like that apparently. It's not supposed to deter or enhance your chances of selection, but you know how these things go...

On a side note, basically once you're in, they'll try and keep you for the rest of your uni days and stream you into the grad program.
Fuck yes to rest of uni days, probs no to grad programme.

Are you able to take as many days as you like in semester/go full time during holidays?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Yup depends on your manager, but generally they're really flexible. As long as you let your manager know what the go is (beforehand obviously), they're usually fine with it.

I think during semester HR wants you to try to aim for 2 days a week, but won't be fussed if you do any less (i know some interns who are just squeezing in as little as 4 hours a week).

HSC
no way.

i use a lot of pressure when i write. wouldn't compute.

and, i don't like the wetness of it.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
How is railcorp as an employer? I always shudder at the prospect at working for them (not that I study a target degree), however that's primarily from the crap that is plastered over the media regarding their overtime rorts, office brothels etc.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
oh good job with heists

if someone can solve 1 across i think it will all become clear.

"ren...render pooves about", he said fronts around (8, 7)

gogogogo!

HSC
oh good job with all the rest!
you got a lot. the smaller ones just don't go down well with me.

yeah, 1 across is a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)