Semester 1 Timetables (2010) (1 Viewer)

rx34

HSC
/whinge
Why is there an option for 'one day off' and not 'two days off'.

bismarck

HSC
I don't understand why they don't just give everyone access to the same program the actual staff do when you have to get a "staff assisted timetable" and let everyone go wild until the tute/lecture is full.

USYD's timetabling systems are positively shithouse

bismarck

HSC
Gaiz! I did the exact same thing (Added and dropped a unit today).

I just got off the phone talking to a super nice and helpful lady from one of the faculties - she said that the timetables *should* have automatically updated, BUT they're probably abit slow atm, it should be sorted by the morning.

I'm 99.999% the unit changes have been processed because I just got contacted by the faculty of my new unit - so obviously its registered somewhere.

Fret not!!

(PS. Praying I retain my 3day weekend).
The likelihood of USYD's systems automatically updating anything immediately is pretty minimal.

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!!
I changed a unit and the timetable has not changed!
:spzz: I need help guys.... right now my timetable is telling me to go to a class im not even enrolled in anymore lolololololololol

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!!
I changed a unit and the timetable has not changed!
:spzz: I need help guys.... right now my timetable is telling me to go to a class im not even enrolled in anymore lolololololololol
Calm down, it takes more than a day.

It also takes more than 2 days or something for it to register with e-learning. Besides, uni hasn't even started yet.

spence

HSC
I could get Wednesdays off... but it means two 8-5 days, one 8-4 day and a 10-4 day.

Nah.

WHY DON'T THEY LET US PICK THE CLASSES WE WANT. BAH.
Because whoever designed the system is evil.

Mine's actually alright. Providing I can go to a different tute for one of my classes (the same lecturer let us do that last semester so I think I can), then I can work tuesdays before uni and wednesdays after, which is good

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Might go into uni tomorrow to see whats up, though I'm pretty sure I'm stuck with 4 days this semester.

bio_nut

HSC
5 day week as usual. Could skip lectures to get more hours to work, but I'm an auditory learner and my marks suffered secondd sem when I stopped going... hmm

spence

HSC
Hey I'm on the train on my way home and just looked that my timetable is a gay 5 days! Like 8-4 every day except Friday and on
wednesdy I have a 4 hour break in the middle
of the day! So whn I get home
can I just change it to how I want? Cause I'm scared I
might stuff the hole thing up. What should I do? I wanna try an fill in that big gap in Wednesday and make a later start for
some
days?
the system's pretty self-explanatory, i'm sure you'll be able to figure it out

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Ugh I thought I could get Tuesday off and one lecture only on a Monday

But then they went and cancelled the Wednesday tutes so now I have to do a workshop on Monday

Which is crap because I have a wedding to go to on march 15 in Melbourne, which is a Monday and the Education faculty is pretty hard on the whole attendance thing. Do you reckon they'd let me off if I could show them the invite or something? (I know, who gets married on a Monday, yeah my kooky Christian friends do. Woopee)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
You could just take that one lecture and attend all other lectures.

And then if you get sick later on, get a doctor's certificate. They might still make you do a make-up essay but depends on the subject.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
You could just take that one lecture and attend all other lectures.

And then if you get sick later on, get a doctor's certificate. They might still make you do a make-up essay but depends on the subject.
If it's a 2hr workshop do you reckon I'd still get away with that? I'm cool with missing the lecture, I just didn't think I'd have the workshop on as well.

Guess I'll just ask them when I start back eh

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
This is my final version (not the official version). I'm not actually supposed to go to the 12pm CHEM2911 lectures :p meh!

KarmaKitten

HSC
Excellent. Managed to find almost all my lectures and tutorials into Tuesday.

So its Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday for me. Not bad at all for my last semester

Scorch

HSC
"Your timetable has difficult clashes and needs to be allocated by a timetable advisor."

I checked this and the only clash is an extremely simple one which can, ostensibly, be avoided. I'm not entirely certain why this is necessary, because it's not a lecture clash but a tutorial clash.

Did anyone else find they got this message and are questioning why it is necessary?

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
If we change our units of study within the next couple of weeks, will we have to get a whole new timetable? Or will it only change the affected units?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)