Share your 2009 ATAR here (1 Viewer)

arjungamer123

HSC
Congratulations to everyone, especially those who achieved such phenomenal results. !!

I'm going to be doing my HSC next year and was wandering, those who got 90+ in their ATAR, did you begin studying excessively in the December/January holidays? and how much per day?

I'm developing a little studying/BoW regime and I'd like to know your own optimal pace and why it suited you. (of course mine will be different I'd just like some insight)

Congratulations again!
I got 99+ ATARI, and I can tell you that you will NOT succeed if you don't study during the summer break.

lethologica

HSC
Studying excessively during the summer break -

It's definitely a good idea to be organising/writing notes, finishing off as much homework/assignments as possible, but don't freak out if you didn't do too much work. If you're behind, or you're really uncertain about a particular subject, use this time to perfect your skills until you're as confident as you can be, however, if you're a smart, solid worker, don't get too down on yourself if you went out a little too much and didn't get enough work done.

I worked pretty hard during these holidays last year, but I didn't 'study'. I finished off extra work (that many people in my classes didn't ever end up doing, and yet many got 97+), I started doing my notes for content-based subject such as Ancient History (this was really helpful later on!) and I familiarised myself with HSC dot points and criteria. That last bit was the most useful!!! You need to know exactly what each subject requires to get the best marks. People who know 150% of the course can't write 150% of their knowledge in a 40 minute essay, so make sure you know how to approach assignments concisely, so looking at the criteria during these holidays is key. It will help you so much throughout the year.

I didn't get enough done during the summer break, and as soon as I got back to school I got glandular fever and my attendance was about 3/4 or less throughout the year, so whoever says that you need to 'study' really hard these holidays to get 99+ is being over-dramatic. Doing work is definitely a must, but don't stress out too much, you shouldn't overload yourself in this break. Relax! Go out! Have fun!

terese223

HSC
sam: 88.85 (from memory)
yes. I missed out on the magical 90 but i was expecting high 70s or low 80s
so Im pretty happy. && I did low scaling subjects (like stan Eng, gen math,hospitality....) and i dont go 2 a high ascoring school or anything.
:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
sam: 88.85 (from memory)
yes. I missed out on the magical 90 but i was expecting high 70s or low 80s
so Im pretty happy. && I did low scaling subjects (like stan Eng, gen math,hospitality....) and i dont go 2 a high ascoring school or anything.
:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:
Awwww. I have a mate that got the same as you! That'd be annoying.

Nevertheless. An excellent result considering your expectations!

mbx

HSC
HSC 2009: 99.80 ATAR

estimations:
Matrix UMAX: 99.85 ATAR
BOS Sam: 99.80 UAI

pretty reliable estimations in my case :]

piotr

HSC
N/A
Umax said my atar would be 89 o_O'' i ended up with 96.00 rofl. <3 scaling

ATAR_boy

HSC
I got 99+ ATARI, and I can tell you that you will NOT succeed if you don't study during the summer break.
Hi-5 :headbang::headbang: The long summer break is the best time to get ahead of your friends, all you have to do is set up a challenge with the people you usually interact with. :idea:

Paradox.101

HSC
Holy shit, seems like almost everybody achieved an ATAR of 90+
You all make it seem easier than it is, a big congratulations to all the 09ers!

Here comes to o'10ers.
-Prays for the magic 9-

H S C

HSC
Holy shit, seems like almost everybody achieved an ATAR of 90+
You all make it seem easier than it is, a big congratulations to all the 09ers!

Here comes to o'10ers.
-Prays for the magic 9-
Not all of us did, me included lol.
Just keep trying and don't give up.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
It depends how you define 'succeed' in regards to the HSC.

I would call my HSC results a success (95+ ATAR), but I still enjoyed my holidays - maybe spending the last week of the Christmas holidays doing the holiday assignments I'd been given (I think I had 2 or 3?).

So I would have to say your post is misguiding - working primarily during the school term periods will easily suffice, provided you work smarter not harder.

Paradox.101

HSC
Smarter not harder, would revising your old notes be studying smarter? It seems like a waste of time.

Writing out a short story and refining it as well as reading Frankenstein seems pretty efficient to me :)

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Smarter not harder, would revising your old notes be studying smarter? It seems like a waste of time.

Writing out a short story and refining it as well as reading Frankenstein seems pretty efficient to me :)
Depends on your learning style really.

Good job - I did Frankenstein in English too, that's a good module right there =)

It's good to do some stuff on the holidays. But generally speaking, people who go too hard too early will either burn out or miss out on having a bit of fun.

flyace

HSC
Re: What is your confirmed ATAR?

Umax - 98.75

atar - 98.60

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
depends on your learning style really.

Good job - i did frankenstein in english too, that's a good module right there =)

it's good to do some stuff on the holidays. But generally speaking, people who go too hard too early will either burn out or miss out on having a bit of fun.
hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)