• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Germany scrape through 4 - 3 against our socceroos. I thought the 60th minute penalty was questionable, looked harmless but Ballack calmly put it away. I really thought Germanys 4th goal was soft, the defense fell asleep a bit. A 3 - 3 draw would of been credible but it wasnt to be. Things dont get easier against Argentina!

slip

HSC
aloisi's performance definately puts him in contention for a regular starting spot. what is everyone's starting team with everyone fully fit, i think there is alot of competition for striker's and attacking midfield roles now.

--------------------------schwazer-------------------------

--chipperfield---meliciovic-----moore----lazaridis---

-----bresiano-------------skoko--------------cahill-------

----------------------------kewell---------------------------

--------------------viduka--------aloisi-------------------

i think that is a pretty attacking line up. no room for emerton, grella or elrich thou. it would even be a tough call whether to include both cahill and kewell, possible cahill in behind the strikers and one of the above mention players on for kewell.

neill is outclassed by lazaridis, but he could move into chipper(he has played defence in club matches before), or meliciovic's position. and i just dont rate popovic or muscat. highly enough at the back.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
--------------------------schwazer-------------------------

---------Neill---meliciovic-----moore----lazaridis------

---------------------------skoko----------------------------
-----bresiano---------------------------Kewell----------

----------------------------Cahill---------------------------

--------------------viduka--------aloisi-------------------

I don't see why you'd play Kewell in the hole and Cahill on the left. I know Kewell tends to play as a striker for Australia, but his best position is on the left, while Cahill has been brilliant in the hole for Everton all season.

T

timbk2

It was a promising performance by the socceroos, despite the defeat. Many positives that we can take out of it. We've now seen their mental ability, having come back into the game from a goal down twice, against quality opposition and an away crowd.

However, as expected, our defence was ripped to shreds. No urgency in the box, poor marking (the guy shouldnt have had all the time in the world to control the ball before volleying for the 2nd goal) and that penalty was questionable.

Schwazzer played really well despite having 4 goals go past time. Alosi and Skoko was brilliant. Would hav expected frank to throw in viduka in the 70th minute and played with 2 strikers. We were down and he still didnt do anything about it, instead, throwing on culina and archie at the end.

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
I would've love to seen Kalac in goals instead of Schwarzer and it is great to see Aloisi finally getting some credit in the national side. Viduka+Aloisi = hot prospect. :p
Nice to see my motivation helped the guys .... I'm taking credit for that! :D

Aloisi was great though whether or not he would start going into the W.C qualifiers later this year is another matter. I relaly like the formations other BOSers are coming out with, if you couldn't fit McKain into a midfield/holding role then maybe he could fit into the back 4? Surely you need Popovic somewhere in the side for experience purposes? We have too many quality mids it is going to be hard to keep them all happy.

A good performance by Australia + Inter winning the Coppa Italia = celebration time. :uhhuh:

Dj_danizm

HSC
N/A
I think it shud be
-----------------------Kalac-------------------------------

-----Colosimo------Moore----Neil---------lazaridis----

----Bresciano---------okon------------kewell(possibly)/Elrich

----------------------cahill---------------------------------

----------------------Aloisi-------Zdrilic/Sterjovski------

I dont think viduka deserves to play he is a lazy shit that wont run unless with his with the ball doesnt have that scoring sense like he once did. Kewell i said possibly cause of injury and lack of mins, Okon i have injoyed watching over the last 5-8 yrs he was a key role in the middle and played beautiful balls.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
THE SUN

# Michael Owen has told Real Madrid that he wants to join Chelsea if he is forced to move, with Real hopeful of landing Blues' midfielder Frank Lampard.

# El Hadji Diouf is poised to sign a four-year deal with Bolton.

# Blackburn are set to make a £750,000 bid to re-sign former Rovers striker Andy Cole from Fulham.

# Real Madrid are preparing a £30m bid for Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard.

# Samuel Eto'o has warned Barcelona to meet his wage demands or he will opt to join Chelsea.

# Newcastle will today complete the £7m signing of Chelsea midfielder Scott Parker even though their bid was topped by Wigan.

# Newcastle midfielder Lee Bowyer will have to take a pay-cut to join Birmingham.

# Ipswich want to sign Rotherham keeper Mike Pollitt after he snubbed a move to Leeds.

# George Burley is set to become the new boss of Millwall following talks, with former Millwall boss Dennis Wise poised to join Southampton.

# Middlesbrough coach Steve Round is set to become Derby's new boss if the Rams fail to land Preston boss Billy Davies.

# West Brom boss Bryan Robson wants to check on Liverpool keeper Chris Kirkland's fitness before progressing with a loan move.

DAILY STAR

# Arsenal have launched a bid to snatch Villarreal keeper Jose Reina from under the noses of Liverpool.

# Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has offered Luis Figo a two-year deal to come to Anfield.

# Cristiano Ronaldo is looking to treble his wages at Manchester United.

# Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson wants number two Carlos Queiroz to be his successor.

# Chelsea have not given up their pursuit of Real Betis winger Joaquin and could pay £30m for the Spain international.

# Tottenham are lining up a move for Inter Milan winger Kily Gonzalez.

# Celtic manager Gordon Strachan wants to lure Birmingham defender Matthew Upson to Parkhead.

# Blackburn boss Mark Hughes has been given the green light to bring former striker Andy Cole back to Ewood Park from Fulham for £750,000.

# Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock is keen to sign Reading forward Nicky Forster, with Millwall and QPR also interested.

# Nottingham Forest keeper Paul Gerrard could move to Ipswich following the sale of Kelvin Davis to Sunderland.

DAILY MIRROR

# Bolton are ready to offer Luis Figo a £60,000 per-week contract having met with the Real Madrid star's agents.

# Chelsea and Manchester United have both made big-money bids for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o.

# Arsenal are interested in signing Sweden international keeper Andreas Isaksson from Rennes.

# Middlesbrough coach Steve Round has emerged as a surprise contender for the Derby County manager's job.

# Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce has made a £1m bid for Everton striker Marcus Bent.

# Birmingham fans have launched an internet protest against the club's plan to sign Lee Bowyer from Newcastle.

# Middlesbrough have joined Newcastle and Blackburn in the race to sign former Rangers captain Craig Moore.

# Kakha Kaladze will discuss his move from AC Milan to Chelsea in Moscow today.

# Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock has inquired about Cardiff trio Alan Lee, Peter Thorne and Cameron Jerome.

DAILY EXPRESS

# Cristiano Ronaldo is to demand a pay rise to take his weekly wage to £60,000 in the wake of Malcolm Glazer's takeover of Manchester United.

# AZ Alkmaar technical director Martin van Geel says he is happy at the Dutch club and doesn't intend becoming Tottenham's new sporting director.

# Newcastle midfielder Lee Bowyer must take a pay cut if he is to join Birmingham.

# Middlesbrough are close to finalising the deal to bring Bayer Leverkusen full-back Emanuel Pogatetz to the Riverside.

DAILY MAIL

# Shaun Wright-Phillips says that he will turn his back on a possible £20m move to Chelsea and see out his four-year contract with Manchester City, despite Jose Mourinho targeting the England winger after failing to prise Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United.

# Newcastle's Lee Bowyer is set to join Birmingham on a free transfer.

# Middlesbrough boss Steve McClaren warns Spurs they have no hope of landing winger Stewart Downing.

# Spurs "have signed" Leeds' 18-year-old midfielder Aaron Lennon in a £1m deal.
Fucks sake, will it ever end. We don't need a keeper as badly as we need defenders.

slip

HSC
Dj_danizm said:
I think it shud be

I dont think viduka deserves to play he is a lazy shit that wont run unless with his with the ball doesnt have that scoring sense like he once did. Kewell i said possibly cause of injury and lack of mins, Okon i have injoyed watching over the last 5-8 yrs he was a key role in the middle and played beautiful balls.
wow calling Okon back in would be a big call considering the depth of midfield talent we already have. and i have never been impressesed by sterjovski, i mean he couldnt even do the job against new zealand. as for zdrilic he is good but i dont think he is quite good enough to be in the team ahead of milicic, viduka, mcdonald(i would like to see him have a run against colombia with aloisi in the friendly we have soon).

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Dj_danizm said:
I think it shud be

How can you leave out Skoko mate? he's been one of our most consistent performers for years.

slip

HSC
epl could have a huge impact on the australian team in the next 6months.

with the possible transfers of meliciovic and moore to epl clubs there will be a large aussie contingent in the epl, all fighting for spots in the oz team.

elrich, kewell, schwazer, neill, lazaridis, viduka, cahill, moore, meliciovic, emerton and there are a number of others around the traps in the epl but those are the main ones.

the epl should be good to watch just for that.

T

timbk2

john makain has also been tracked by bolton and portsmouth too.

i agree.. the more of our players playing in one of the best leagues in the world, the better for australian soccer in general.

I hope the A-league uncovers new aussie talent too. season starts in about 1.5 months time, i'll prolly go to the opening Sydney home game vs. melbourne

T

timbk2

--------------------------Schwarzzer-------------------------

-------Neill------Meliciovic-----Moore----Lazaridis--------

-----------------Bresciano---------Skoko--------------------

------Emerton-----------Cahill-------------Kewell------------

----------------------------Aloisi---------------------------------

Main Subs--
Viduka
Elrich
Culina

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Yeah good team there tim. Viduka really ain't up to scratch as of late, probably due to all his injuries.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Can't see any team we put out getting a result against the Argies, Riquelme has been scary good this season, and Peckerman employs a very flexible system which he can use due to the obvious quality in his side.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
tims team is the best looking one, id give colosimo a bench spot though
BWAHAHAHAHAHA ... love the sig HeCtic :D

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
van Persie is to be detained for two more weeks, pending further investigations.

Hmm, doesn't sound very promising for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)