• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yay for Champion's League :D With no SBS Premier League coverage I suspect Thursday's Liverpool vs Monaco match will be the only one I get to see this season :p Did anyone see how poor the EPL/International highlights were on The World Game on Sunday as well? Just to reiterate, I hate Fox.

T

timbk2

ditto. i hate foxsports.

although if they had a sports only option.. i'd prolly get it .. for the nrl coverage too..

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
How many La Liga games does fox sports show each week? I'm watching the Barca-Celtic game right now and I'll tell you what, it's almost worth it just to see Barcelona play. It is beeautiful.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It was a good shot, save was just brilliant though. Quite baffling that Rijkaard subbed him for Larsson I thought, Ronnie and Deco were doing a great job. If anything Eto'o should've been given the early shower, he wasn't playing brilliantly and was the only out and out striker on the pitch. But man.. what awesome football Barca was playing in the first half. they could've been something like 4-0 up by half time really if Giuly had of passed back to Deco in his first chance and made more of his 1 on 1 when Xavi sent him through.

Gotta feel for Celtic though, Larsson plunging in the final knife would've really hurt.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i guess they rested ronaldinho cuz he only just came back from injury? larsson just had to get on tho... drogba scored a double in chelseas win... they look good this yr ...

V

vanbasten

Finally, looks like my dearest Barca are looking to return to good things. They are playing brilliant football. Last year it was all Ronaldinho but now he has some excellent support and it looks promising. And Ludovic Giuly, playing wonderfully from the midfield. There was a lot of skeptics about his signing but it sure paid off. I knew he would be good after he scored one of the best goals i have ever seen. Mid-way through last year's French Ligue 1, against Nantes or Auxerre I think. Whoever saw it will know what im talking about (that volley from around 30 metres out)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
eyebrowman said:
hehe go drogba..
barca played a great game this mornin

lets hope man utd loses 2mrrw mornin so we can all point and laugh
Agree 100%, I don't think it's such an empty hope either. The way Lyon and Man U have been playing, I wouldn't be surprised if they go down at all. If they had a slightly tougher group with say.. Werder Bremen, Bayer Leverkusen or Ajax in it, I suspect they might've even made an early exit.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Leverkusen 3-0 Real Madrid.. Hope you're enjoying it Michael, really do ;). Also marvelous comeback from Man U to draw level

Fuckingoutofit

eyebrow man is shite

u talk the talk but do u walk the walk. I would say that man u did well despite having the nevilles, saha, rooney, ferdinand, and the other rick fookers who dont do jack all. But good on them. And Real "Piss poor petty wage fookers" Madrid are shite so i do agree there, and u are shite

Fuckingoutofit

Jim green is CWSOP

Thats right, i am a pom and bloodly proud of it, so u can all got and fooked with all your shite about the way in which british teams played on the weekend and in the champo league. I'm proud of all the teams that played, 3 wins and a draw, not to bad for the first n second matchday of the new season. Arse plyed well, could improve, Liverpool displayed tactics that should be used in European play, changing from their usual shite in the league, Man u coming back after the injurys of the last couple of months and then there is Chelski, those rick fookers with the whore for a manager, and cock sucking owner, it makes me sick

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
..? Wow.. you are decided odd, decidedly. Just to clear a few things up before you get laughed at by everyone here.

1. Everyone here, with the possible exception of Reynaldo generally support an EPL team. Just happens that there are fans of all 4 of the top clubs, and I think there's a West Ham fan here too. Just happens that the non-Man U fans aren't the biggest fans of Man U, the Man U fans occasionally make sexual slurs about Sol Campbell, and eyebrowman (I blieve the only Chelsea fan also isn't too fond of Man U.

2. There is no nationalist sentiment as far as clubs go, in case you haven't noticed, we're mostly Australian here. Most of us support an EPL team because we happen to get a lot of EPL coverage.. or used to before Fox screwed us over. So.. cool down with the aussie vs poms thing, it's really quite out of place here

3. Should tone down the language a bit if you don't want to get banned. Say it with me.. relaaaaaax!

Also.. did everyone seen Liverpool play Monaco this morning? Damn brilliant display, must say I have never seen Liverpool play so well. Garcia, Cisse and Gerrard were brilliant, and Kewell had his best game for a long long time, Baros wasn't too bad either. Most pleasing aspect is we're playing a much more continental style now, passing wasn't Barca's standard, but it was still quite assured. Now if SBS just got the rights to the EPL again, I'd be a very happy man.

Last edited:
T

timbk2

yes.. it was a very enjoyable game to watch the liverpool one.. garcia and gerrard are awesome. kewell played really well and put heaps of players in good positions.. and cisse' goal was awesome... one of the first touches he gets and he rips it into the back of the net.

did you see gerrads 30m throughball to garcia.. fark. pin point. i only saw the firs thalf but , caus ei had to go work. definately hope to see more of liverpool. and damn you foxsports. !

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Gobsmacked by how well that Sylvain Wiltord played this morning.

Looked like the type of player you'd spen 13million on!

Oh......

Numero Uno

HSC
jim_green said:
..? Everyone here, with the possible exception of Reynaldo generally support an EPL team. Just happens that there are fans of all 4 of the top clubs, and I think there's a West Ham fan here too.
mate..
Im a Villa supporter ,
im no band wagon supporters like the rest of yous ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)