• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
he's apparently been injured.

anyway my prediction for this one:

arsenal 0 - 12 chelsea with hasselbaink getting 8 and wayne bridge bagging a solid hat-trick. all from 35 yards out as well.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by IP_freely
ah yer i just got a question 2 ask does ne1 no where Veron disappeared 2?
He's had a back injury, and probably decided that it would be too much work to get back into shape... so we'll see him, later this year?

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
its better than the nsl...
even the Bhutanese under 12 division is better than NSL :)

Originally posted by Numero Uno
J league heh
all azn leauges are rubbish

and dont get me started on the azn cahmps league thats pathetic
have you ever seen a game in the Qatar league? its awesome! the stadium is full of guys in white robes and funky head-dresses
:eek:

As for Vern.. he can either go to Inter and join the rest of the one-time superstars who have seen their careers destroyed by the phenomenon they call "Nerazzuro" ( - Cannavaro, Recoba, van der Meyde etc..) or he can try his luck in Espaol.. perhaps..

and then he can always stay right where he is and put in a mediocre 10 minutes per month while continuing to happily collect his monthly pay check which goes towards paying off the debt accumulated by the huge payments he has to make on fuel from his Hummer which guzzles roughly 3 litres per km.. or so im told..

:mad1:

^___^
HSC
lol...

yea, Inter is killing the stars :(
van der Meye, he wants to leave..and like he is an awesome player!!!!!!

fark...and yea, i saw the footage of the Qatar league, and yea, its full of men n those headrobe thingo, from far away, i thought it was a feminst movement or something

Generator

HSC
N/A
Grow up. Few leagues are able to approach the level of 'skill' evident in the major European leagues, and even then it is limited to a few clubs and a few star players.

I would much rather watch a level league than one where there is no real contest for the title.

Edit: I am responding to a number of posts, it seems. Just a pointless rant from someone who did not think that the NSL was that bad, too.

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
chelski 2 arsewipes 1 , 3 - 2 on aggregrate haha! i didnt get to see the match, lets just hope gunners end up with nothing this year!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
omg, this is the collapse! ... chelsvich will probably win epl too now that the arse would be devestated ... real madrid out, milan chelsvich final ... that would be an awesome game!

T

timbk2

ROFL at arsenal. sucked in hope they lose to liverpool on friday in the EPL

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
i really hope arsenal stuff up at liverpool and newcastle and then end up winning nuthin

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
ffs man woke up early 2 watch the game an look wat happened ffs so dissappointed its getting from bad 2 worse for Arsenal...
who woulda believed Monaco v Chelsea in the semi final

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Let me just say - it's not like we haven't seen it all before.(Flashbacks to Blackburn/Valencia not so long ago.) Nothing really needs to be added besides their claim to be the "best in England" - they've lost to their nearest rivals in the two non-domestic competitions which matter. And also they can't get past the ECL QF even against an EPL team. Finally, as a Chelsea fan I think it'd be rough justice if Arsenal were to lose the EPL after all their diving (ref to Pompey penalty and free kick against Charlton earlier in the season).

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
after today, If ANYONE says Real Madrid are still Europe's best team, i am going to pack my Eski and catch the next flight to Thimpu..

Nothing to say about Arsenal.. it would have been surprising to see them in the last four.. "too" surprising it would seem..

as long as nothing goes cataclysimically wrong against Depor, i am enticed by the potential Milan-Porto matchup. Deco vs Kak, two of my favourites.. belo

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Nothing really needs to be added besides their claim to be the "best in England" - they've lost to their nearest rivals in the two non-domestic competitions which matter.

unbeaten in the league, 4 clear with game in hand. doing the double over their nearest rival in the league says enough for me about whether they are the best team in england. while if you ask the fans at the beginning of the season theyd tell you that the league is the big one with anything else a bonus. thats what all the mancs were telling me last season, to shove the fa cup where the sun don't shine cos they got the one that everyone wants.

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
When it comes down to it, the ECL really shows what a team is made up of. I mean, had Arsenal won the ECL even just once. Many of us would just shut up! But, they haven't. :D Also there are still a couple of games for Arsenal to choke. :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
no, over the course of the season the league is what the players sweat and bleed for week in week out. you play all the teams in the competition home and away and at the end of it the best team is the champion.

the champions league is much more a lottery than the league and to most fans is secondary to the national league in importance.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
When it comes down to it, the ECL really shows what a team is made up of. I mean, had Arsenal won the ECL even just once. Many of us would just shut up! But, they haven't. :D Also there are still a couple of games for Arsenal to choke. :D
yes , you just keep thinking that , but Arsenal are set to win the EPL, now you will see that Henry does not make up the whole team , he is injuired at the moment whether or not he will play in the next couple of games i am not sure of
but even without him i believe Arsenal will still take the EPL cup

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HeCtic
the champions league is much more a lottery than the league and to most fans is secondary to the national league in importance.
To most fans it is the holy grail, I haven't met anyone (except you) who values a domestic title over the CL

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
To most fans it is the holy grail, I haven't met anyone (except you) who values a domestic title over the CL
its the best excuse arsenal fans can come up with at the moment :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)