• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
To most fans it is the holy grail, I haven't met anyone (except you) who values a domestic title over the CL

maybe in australia it might seem that way, but i've lived in england before and most people would much rather the prmiership than the champions league due to it being their own national league and what we can stick up all the annoying sperz,west ham and whoever fans we see everyday.

we don't see the real rivalry of the premiership here in australia and can't experience it through our own football league. it's not a holier than thou attitude it's just the case for the fans there, that we can't exactly see here dut to the lack of a proper football culture and all that jazz.

the premiership and the scudetto and whatnot are the huge competitions in their respective countries and the ones that their fans want to win most over all. its the one we're most gutted not to win, and it showed last season and when we were bridesmaids three seasons in a row to manyoo.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The only reason why one would respect the ECL is because they haven't won it. It's THE competition in Europe.

And also we'll see what Arsenal are made of against Liverpool and Newcastle. And with a 7 point lead with less than a quarter of the season left, it'll be interesting.

Also, most would pick winning ECL over EPL. Just ask Fergie. He's won the EPL enough to realise it isn't all that crash compared to the ECL which is why he's still in management.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
for all top class teams the ecl is most prestigious followed then league then cups ... omg ffs arse stop fukin choking !

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
fergie wants his own name in scummers history books and to do that he has to win the ecl. look where it got him, now playing for the mickey mouse cup that manyoo fans taunted us about last season.

i've never experienced an ecl victory so i wouldnt know how it feels, but for me and a lot of my mates the biggest highs and lows we feel come from domestic disappointments.

valencia, juve and the like all still rankle but it's nothing compared to what happened at cardiff 2001 or after the old trafford massacre where you'd have to go back to school the next day and face all the wanker fans of opposing teams. these things hurt more than anything the champions league would throw at you, untill maybe now where we lost to another london team which is the major reason for such a huge downer that we're seeing now.

i still back ourselves to win the league but i'm sure it'll be a bit tighter than what i expected it to be. the most important game of the season is friday and then on sunday. i'll see if i think we can win it after those two games.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i wanna get arsenal home jersey ($130) ... where is cheap, but original?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
go to mick simmons in the city on george street. they do good ones and had a discount i think for personalised ones way back when i got a 'ljungberg 8' one a year or so ago. i dont know if you get a discount but theyre a good place to find em i guess.

edit : store site

the website isnt that great but they are a good store for most jerseys

paper

haha chelsea is now officially part of russia after showing tremendous "russian character"

LMFAO @ Real....... beckham has chucked a warnie

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HeCtic
the champions league is much more a lottery than the league and to most fans is secondary to the national league in importance.
haha yeah right.. sayin' that now that your knocked out :D

and as a fan of football (and not just Milan) there is NOTHING bigger than the Champions League.. no, not even the NSL :)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lols
thx for help with jersey hectic and hung power (...)

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
haha yeah right.. sayin' that now that your knocked out :D

and as a fan of football (and not just Milan) there is NOTHING bigger than the Champions League.. no, not even the NSL :)
Milan got analed!!!!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
4 - 0 shit man, Milan choked. the champs league draw looks more like a UEFA cup draw this yr. Chelsea,Porto,Monaco,Deportivo.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
omfg, lmao, lols, rofl *choke*
omg, its surprising that real madrid, arse and now milan are all out (4-0 to depor) thats just bad, very bad ... i think we can all now stop predicting games, so many upsets, alot of ppl have lost alot of betting money in the past few days ...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah and a selected im sure have won quite a lot if they went with their gut feelings!. Its funny how nearly all the teams knocked out in the last day or two are leading their own domestic competition (arsenal,real,ac milan).

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
man this years Champions League has been the year of upsets. I guess it is good for the game once in a while so it doesnt just become like the premier league with the same three teams challenging for hte title.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
lol i just found out now about Milan haha, wtf is happening this yr to the UCL
an on the jersey i wanna get 1 as well, does ne 1 no if Arsenals jersey is gonna change for the 04/05 season? coz i dont wanna buy the 1 they got now unless they r not gonna change it 4 the next season

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
theyre changing the kits next season i think. the away one next year is horrid tho. it's probably better getting the current away one which i think is pretty good than the cack one that'll be on sale next season.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Damn wtf happened, my internet goes down for a few days and all the favourites bar Porto lose.. Arsenal and Madrid I could somewhat comprehend.. but Milan getting owned from 4-1...where Reynaldo I wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)