• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
to all u ppl who h8 the gunners i got 4 words 4 u We Are the CHAMPIONS...
and on another note does Roman Abramovich piss u off, fuk just looking at him annoys the shit outta me lol an wats goin on wif Chelski, havn won a game since they beat Arsenal in UCL

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, Chelski don't need to win a game after the ECL match with Arsenal, because... well, they did they're job! And so did Man Utd a couple of days before that!

reno2004, can Henry and Ronaldhino poach? :D

One striker and one poacher is what is needed.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
But there will be no need for poaching when you are creating the goals so easily as Henry and Ronaldhino can do. Plus not all of Henry's goals this season have been proper goals, he has poached a few, like the one that came of his knee against some team which i cant remember.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

One striker and one poacher is what is needed.

we tried that with jeffers and suker and neither worked at all. we need a playmaking type forward like bergkamp which is why wenger signed reyes and has apparently signed van persie.

@reno - most people reckon we are carried by henry but if anything its pires and campbell who we would be fucked without. we've won enough games without henry but if sol or boby have bad games we invariably lose. eg manyoo fa cup and chelsea second leg where pires was anonymous. inter 0-3 we had sol tottally out of form as well.

on another note it looks like the silly season has started again.

double swoop for arsenal

and here's one dutch site. the first line i think says that arsenal have definitely signed van persie.

robin van persie

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
wenger signs well most of the time ... lets hope van persie can hlp us retain the title in 2005 ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HeCtic
we tried that with jeffers and suker and neither worked at all. we need a playmaking type forward like bergkamp which is why wenger signed reyes and has apparently signed van persie.
You need poachers like Van Nistelrooy, Trez... real poachers, not some cheap imitation. Even Forssell's more of a poacher than those two.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I'm highly doubtful that either of Gerrard or Terry will be let go to Arsenal. I hope not anyway.. if we get that money at Liverpool we'll just be exchanging our best player for a crapload more crap players... unless Houllier gets the sack of course. Terry..well if Abramovich+Kenyon can negotiate a good replacement he'll go, but he's too important to them atm.

If Van Persie goes to Arsenal, they might not want to resign Bergkamp, and they certainly wouldn't resign Wiltord and Kanu.. not that they're still worth a dime.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
i read something that apparently fergie has decided to hijack gerrard and is ready to pay 20mill for him, but i doubt Gerrard would go to the arch rival of his current club. But then again Sol did go to Arsenal.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
You need poachers like Van Nistelrooy, Trez... real poachers, not some cheap imitation. Even Forssell's more of a poacher than those two.

define a poacher? is it a guy who will sit around and do jack shit all game and then IF he gets a chance in the box he'll bury it.

i'd prefer a player who gets involved in our attack and helps create for our out and out striker henry instead of carrying a passenger and hoping he'll get a chance sometime in the game

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yes, thats it HeCtic... inzaghi is the biggest example ... also vnrooy

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
i'd prefer a player who gets involved in our attack and helps create for our out and out striker henry instead of carrying a passenger and hoping he'll get a chance sometime in the game
It worked for Milan.

Kak was the player.

He and Rui Costa behind a sole Shevchenko.

Result:

-Unbeaten game streak of 10-15 games
-Shevchenko highest scorer in Serie A
-Kak hailed as future World Player of Year (not that i place any value on FIFA awards..)

But keep in mind that it ALSO worked last year with a poacher - Inzaghi:

RuiCosta/Rivaldo/Seedorf/Serginho (pick 2) behind Inzaghi =

-Winning "Group of Death" against Lens/Deportivo(4-0)/Bayern(x2) in only 4 games
-Inzaghi 8 goals in first group phase
-'Winter Champions of Serie A'

Note: Both of these 2 playmaker/1 striker periods were ruined by the return of Inzaghi/Sheva from injury and consequently Silvio Berlusconi's demand for 2 attackers (aka Sheva/Inzaghi simultaneously)..

That is why i am a big fan of 4-3-2-1 :)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
and dont forget they lost 4 zip v depor 2nd rnd haha ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
define a poacher? is it a guy who will sit around and do jack shit all game and then IF he gets a chance in the box he'll bury it.

A poacher along those lines. Because you need someone to strike the ball, and the other to poach.

It may not be entertaining, but it's difficult for your midfielders to do the poaching.

Or even a poacher to pull a couple of defenders with him.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A

and here's one dutch site. the first line i think says that arsenal have definitely signed van persie.

robin van persie
wtf hmmmm

i thought wenger said at one stage that it was all speculation???
strange

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
his signed for sure ... he will bcome regestered wen transfer window opens agen ... his tall too, give us more aerial attacking options, his also has a deadly left boot and has great vision, suitable bergkamp replacement ...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
all we need is bloody european (ecl) success ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Don't worry in due time... which may be, well, never :p

Arsenal's style of play works very well in the EPL. But not on the European stage, unfortunately for Gunners' supporters.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by RUB!X
his signed for sure ... he will bcome regestered wen transfer window opens agen ... his tall too, give us more aerial attacking options, his also has a deadly left boot and has great vision, suitable bergkamp replacement ...
yes he can play on the wing too :D

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
apparently Wenger got given 35million 2 spend on players during the summer coz of winning the epl...
bout bloody time eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)