• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I don't think Wenger really needs the money. His French imports will win the EPL every so often regardless. I think he needs a new game plan for the ECL.

Btw, which club would you like to see in Nationwide - Man City or Leeds? (Because we know besides Pompey the other promoted clubs are returning to Nationwide)

I think there was far too much hype about the relegation dog-fights, as it's almost been settled with three games to go. Unlike the last day of play last season.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Leeds.

Man City have too many cool players - like WRIGHT-PHILLIPS, SUN JIHAI, Anelka (who will probably leave anyway), Wanchope, Sibierski and that kid Barton isn't bad either..

But if anyone deserves to go down its Spurs for that stupid decision to hire Stephane Dalmat :)

--

on another topic Milan has signed Emerson, Chevanton, Stam and Totti :)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Good signings for Milan! defence of nesta maldini stam and co. bastards ...

if man city go down that would be tragic, so much bad luck this season (close games/lotsa draws) ... one of the highest payrolls in epl ... and for them to go down again would suck ...

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, if they do go down, they only have themselves to blame. Also they do have the edge on Leeds atm. Although, unless they pick up their game... they'll be relegated next season. :p

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Man City have been a real disappointment this year. I thought they would build on last year and push for Europe. The same with Everton and Blackburn, but instead all those teams have struggled and been involved in relegation battles.
Meantime, Fulham, Charlton and Bolton and Villa, relegation battlers last year, have gone on to challenge Newcastle and Liverpool for fourth spot.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Anyway, it seems those in the relegation battle realised that it wasn't so good to find themselves near the drop towards the end of the season and then have to fight like mad. So they started their relegation battle... and ended up higher... whereas others have struggled and not fought as they shouldve.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
so true, that same intensity should be der for the whole season ... omg man city, so so dissapointing ...

T

timbk2

Man City beats Newcaslte... ECL race starting to get interseting...
i hope liverpool can get an edge by winning against boro tonite.

On the other side of the table.... i think its byebye leeds.. unfortunate.. but i cant see them coming back with man city 6 points ahead.

it'll be interesting to see which teams smith and viduka go to

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by timbk2
On the other side of the table.... i think its byebye leeds.. unfortunate.. but i cant see them coming back with man city 6 points ahead.
Don't forget, Leeds have a game in hand.

Although Leeds have conceded more than they've scored (GD: -35) more than Man City (GD: -2)

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Duks is crazy... he converts a penalty 27, and then gets sent off less than 5 minutes later. Wonder if Leeds can hold on to 0-1.

T

timbk2

byebye leeds .. hope they come back in 2005-2006. I feel sorry for them... but even alan smith says they deserve to go down.. they way they performed this year

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Reid loaning all those non-EPL players (besides Pennant) really didn't set them off well. And by the time they changed managers they were already half sunk. If Kewell stuck around, they'd have survived.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
they need more than kewell ... i think an epl club should snap up camara (wolves) ... arsenal should get back van bronkhorst ! :(

^___^
HSC
if one club derserve to go down, its Man City

fuck look at their players and ones reyaldo mentioned..it is a club that should be looking at top 6 finish..but wtf...

i feel for leeds..i mean, theres nothing worst seeing a player like smith and robinson who grew up with the club fighting for the clubs survival failed and only JUST failed

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
i dont feel sorry for Leeds

they gave it all up as soon as they sold kewell , bowyer and woodgate

as for Van Bronckhost pfft , he can stay at Barcelona or wherever he is -_-
same with Pennant muahahahahahah

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by RUB!X
they need more than kewell ... i think an epl club should snap up camara (wolves) ... arsenal should get back van bronkhorst ! :(
Camara's scored a few... but he's missed a hell of a lot more.
Van Bronkhorst isn't likely to stay at Arsenal. I mean, where will he play? Pires/Ljungberg(/Edu) on the left flank, Viera/Gilberto(/Edu) in central midfield, and Cole/Clichy at left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)