• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I don't feel sorry for the cunts going down. They took the ridiculous gambles and they got fucked for it.

Leeds are still 40 milion in debt. Most of their players are not owned by them, rather leased from another company that bought them.

The need a miracle to still be a club in 12 months time, and although this won't be too popular with most aussies i never liked them & i'll gladly sing 'cheerio" to them. Just cause Smith is a local lad who loves the club and gave it everything can't hide that theyre a badly managed club with a shite team which belongs in division 1 and with the impending exodus we could see a team of teenagers lining up against some of the hard bastards in the Nationwide league.

Unless they get bailed out of administration like Leicester, they could do a Sheffield Wednesday and drop to div 2 and then 3 soon enough.

"Smithy you think you've got it bad, i'm going to Spurs next season"

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
some one is gonna snap up shaun wright phillips, he's an ace!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by copious

he is eh? i just hope houllier doesnt get his hands on him and wreck another promising career.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by copious
Have you noticed how England's talents are doing well, while the rest of the team is downhill. Gerrard.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
kezman to join liverpool? ooaah ... that would help ...

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
that would definately mean liverpool would have a mad front two, kezman and cisse. Owen can be left on the bench cause he is crap compared to those two.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
the problem with liverpool would still be their squad. their first choice team is good enough to be competitive with any in the league but their squad is pretty paper thin quality wise. they probably need more than just good attackers if they want to break into that top 3 next season cos it looks like ranieri, ferguson and wenger all are going to add quality to their squads

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It doesn't matter w Liverpool. You forget it's Liverpool. Look what they did with Kewell... What was it - the Inter problem. (I mean, if Liverpool had Henry, Henry would end up playin' like Owen is now.)

The top three don't have to add quality to their sides and they'll still be where they are, by a mile!

^___^
HSC
Man Utd can improve by having a really consistent and world class cnetre back..look at Milan..thats what they did

Chelsea would benefit if they have a really infuential central midfielder like Vieira or Keane..

Arsenal would benefit if they have another top defender

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Man Utd will have a world class central defender... just give them erhh a year. :p

I think Chelsea need a real forward to be honest.

Arsenal are as complete as they can be, besides a forward. Henry has a habit of not performing in big matches.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

Arsenal are as complete as they can be, besides a forward. Henry has a habit of not performing in big matches.

Yeah the first team is great. I reckon up there with the best 2 or 3 in the world, but our squad is pretty small and we have a lot of players who play more than one position and fill in when others are injured.

If you look at the Man utd and chelsea games you could see the benefit of having a big squad, in the second half against chelsea we looked knackered and got overpowered by the fresher chelsea team and against manyoo we copped a late league goal which seemed to delfate us for the cup game. Wenger is probably going to add quality youngsters eg van persie to allow our players more rest and rotate the squad a lot more.

i reckon manyoo need some defensive depth, another good squad forward and some more good midfielders. Theyve already signed Liam Miller from Celtic who looks like a very good player already.

Chelsea have already added Robben and Cech so it's impossible to see what theyre going to buy over the off-season.

Liverpool getting Cisse will be good for them and it looks like Mexes could also find his way there. Others i've heard for them include Wright-Phillips, Kezman and Malbranque(top player). I reckon theyre dreaming if they think theyll get Van der Vaart tho.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, Man Utd have more defensive depth than Arsenal.

As for Chelsea, they need to do what Madrid does - stabilise a squad.

Don't worry, as long as Liverpool have Houllier at the helm, they won't accomplish much in the future.

In the FA Semi, it wasn't about freshness. Rather determination. Man Utd wanted it more than Arsenal did. And it showed.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Well, Man Utd have more defensive depth than Arsenal.

:D Heh. thats why as soon as they lost dopey and the cuntier of the two nevilles they started leaking goals against the likes of man city and southampton? they may have more players as cover but if those players are shite then it won't really help anything.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by vacant mind
:confused:
your (former) location: "Oaxaca"..

Originally posted by ...
Man Utd can improve by having a really consistent and world class cnetre back..look at Milan..thats what they did
TWO World Class CB's .. Maldini & Nesta :)

Chelsea is getting one: Samuel

He's about 1,567,892,001 times better than Ferdinand

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
i wonder how terry, gallas, duff and cudicini are feeling with robben, samuel and cech coming in.

not exactly a glowing vote of confidence seeing direct replacements for your position being signed.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by HeCtic
i wonder how terry, gallas, duff and cudicini are feeling with robben, samuel and cech coming in.

not exactly a glowing vote of confidence seeing direct replacements for your position being signed.
duff said it was a kick in the teeth, terry shouldn't be affected, but rather gallas cos apaprently terry and lampard are the only players that wil not be affected with the new waves of players

Originally posted by reynaldo
TWO World Class CB's .. Maldini & Nesta :)

Chelsea is getting one: Samuel

He's about 1,567,892,001 times better than Ferdinand
but Stam is coming in as CB, and i thought Maldini was a LB :confused:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by ...
duff said it was a kick in the teeth, terry shouldn't be affected, but rather gallas cos apaprently terry and lampard are the only players that wil not be affected with the new waves of players

funny, i rate gallas as the key to their team. whenever he was injured or playing on the right they looked to struglle a touch in defence i thought. so unless this samuel fellow has the same lightning speed gallas does i don't see two lumbering ball winners really working in the centre of defence. gallas' speed save them so many times and if he isnt first choice thered be many clubs willing to buy him. he's a classy defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)