• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Robben isn't anywhere near Duff... except Duff got injuried heaps this season, so they're lining up a back up.

As for Terry and Gallas, Gallas is often injuried. And the other guy (Des.) is gettin' on in age.

Cech won't be first keeper.

They would invest in real forwards imo. Sack the bunch who aren't scoring goals regularly (ie. at least 1 every 4 appearances). :p

Originally posted by HeCtic
:D Heh. thats why as soon as they lost dopey and the cuntier of the two nevilles they started leaking goals against the likes of man city and southampton? they may have more players as cover but if those players are shite then it won't really help anything.
Hey, look at the defense now! Brown hasn't slipped over too many time since against Wolves... and Silvestre looks like a defender again.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
bloody hell chelvich have too big of a squad, but thats good news for the rest of the league (juz look at birmingham an forcel - loan has been extended btw) ... we'll just have to see who else liverpool buys, those r big names with big price tags ... but what they really need is some service to owen ... (malbronque, van der vaart, wright-phillips and kezman) they sound good ... but i dun wanna see another promicing career stuffed up by houllier ...

Last edited:
M

mushi

hmm..mutu , veron should be sold off imo

i hope totti ends up in epl this season, wonder if roma will sell him with all their debts and all..

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
duff said it was a kick in the teeth, terry shouldn't be affected, but rather gallas cos apaprently terry and lampard are the only players that wil not be affected with the new waves of players

but Stam is coming in as CB, and i thought Maldini was a LB :confused:

hmm.. Gallas is a much better defender than Terry.. so in reality it should be Gallas-Samuel.. and Terry can have a kick around in the FA Cup or something..

--

Maldini was LB until the last few years when he's played CB (due to our lack to consistent central defenders).. but for the Azzurri he was always LB..

he may revert back to LB for his last year/s with Stam-Nesta in the centre or we may even have a trio Stam-Nesta-Maldini at the centre..

apparently Zebina is coming too so it might turn out like Zebina-Stam-Nesta-Maldini... but i would prefer Caf-Stam-Nesta-Maldini because Caf's width won us the Scudetto this season..

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mushi
hmm..mutu , veron should be sold off imo

i hope totti ends up in epl this season, wonder if roma will sell him with all their debts and all..

They hope that selling Samuel & Emerson (total market value +/- 50million) should enable them to keep Totti.. personally i dont think the money will matter because they would keep him even if they had to sell the whole team. and the other scenario is he would leave for Real.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
i would prefer Caf-Stam-Nesta-Maldini because Caf's width won us the Scudetto this season..
not a bad bak four ...

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
ne1 watch the game this morning btw Porto an Depo.. that was one truly boring game, hope its not gonna be same for 2morrows game...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The match wasn't all that bad imo, besides the lack of goals. Depor should've played football at home, and that's what they didn't do.

I think Ranieri if he wants can field a squad which can produce a 2-0 result. But then, he can field a second-half squad which had no tactics at all and laugh at the Abrom/Kenyon for not supporting him all season.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I can't wait either! Ranieri better field Lampard. :p (Btw, who cares if Mutu's injuried? He's wouldn't have scored anyway. :p Whereas, Duff might've provided an assist or terrorised the opponent's defence.)

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Monaco 3-0 Chelsea

(Morientes 22', Giuly 76', Prso 90')

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Chelsea lost even though they dominated the game. I feel sorry for them somehow, but it was their fault, should have but away their chances.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
In the end it proved to be a bridge too far for Chelski :p

Personally i'd like to see Monaco win the final, since they've nevr won a European trophy, whereas Porto have already won a couple.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
120 mill to win fuck all? heh :D

hopefully theyll spend another 100mill on midfielders next season and really destabilise their squad.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
haha did ne1 read an article in the Daily telegraph i think last week about how Ranieri said Abramovich no's nufin about football it was hilarious
an on another note great game this mornin imo Chelski coulda won ahh the chances...Monaco were fully getting carved up until the 2nd half

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
haha, porto v monaco final ... lols, i hope monaco wins, they r in big debt, but also for real madrid reject, morientes, that would make it even sweeter for him if they can win it ...

Last edited:

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
lol chelsea had enough chances to win both legs in the one night....i hope monaco go all the way now and EAT PORTO ALIVE.....in my opinion porto had the easier run towards the final compared to chelsea monaco and depor

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HeCtic
120 mill to win fuck all? heh :D

hopefully theyll spend another 100mill on midfielders next season and really destabilise their squad.
Don't worry, with a couple more like Veron, we'll take over the... erh... :p

Chelsea should made it through. And Parker should've played in Central midfield and chucked Geremi on the right.

I reckon Rotham is a monster! In both legs he was like the best!!! I don't care if Morientes scored one in the first leg, and basically two in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)