• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
holland if they can figure out how to play as a team ... like brazil could have won the world cup by 10, but they all go for the glory instead of passing the fn ball ... holland have alot of individual stars, but can they play together well enuf to win ...?

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Portugal will win. The event will be remembered as the 'Deco-show'. Pauleta will score exactly 7 goals over the course of the tournament. Paulo Ferreira will win worldwide attention at right back and reject another Man Utd big in favour of joining Milan for half the pay... and Figo will do shit-all the entire tournament but still receive plaudits from the softcore fans who worship big names.

Originally posted by A2RAYA
i rekon holland has a good chance and even france.....provided they're able to score some goals in the group phase...england should do well too
well, they said Bayern had a good chance to win the Bundesliga, but they didnt.. ;)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
assuming they qualify.....
Ah that's a good one. We were thinking too far ahead. :p Maybe Gerrard might be too tired and rested. :D

^___^
HSC
portugal will do well
england might do really well assuming their players are fit
france will do alright
holland will choke
italian will choke

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
England might do well if they can buy all the french players that won the EPL...

portuga and italy are my bets

i hate france so i hope its a korea/japan deja vu for them

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lols
ARSENAL finish season unbeaten ... muhahaha!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
i went down to one world to watch that last night. just about every gooner in the bar shat themselves when dickov got the goal, but at the end of the day we got through. fuck me that was special, and the atmosphere at one world was fantastic as well.

i'm gonna be watching more football there from now on, especially in the holidays.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Hmm, now all Wenger needs is that something he's never/never will achieve... :D

But as for the EPL, good on them! They deserved it (besides that Pires dive against Pompey :p).

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Quiet you :D

That game was nerve-wracking , The first goal by Dickov had me in complete silence , as well as the crowd at that game LoL

hah take a look at the Celebration photo's for the cup presentation , Ljunberg looks like hes gonna have a huge bloody hangover after drinking alot of that champagne!!
:D

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HeCtic
i'm gonna be watching more football there from now on, especially in the holidays.
holidays... EURO 2004.... the best place to go would be the Spanish Quarter in Liverpool st.

you know how the spanish love their futbol.. and their fiestas.. that would be the place 2 b.

oh.. and Leichardt for the Italians..

and Marickville/Petersham for Os Portuguesas..

Lidcombe for Turkiye fans..

...for the English.. anywhere with alcohol............

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
big rumours in england about why wiltord wants out.here's a typical type of account i've seen all over the place:

Anyway, we got talking about signings and whose last games it would be and I said it'll be the last we ever see of Wiltord today. To which he replied that wiltord had a lot of trouble because his wife had left him after she had an affair with a coach at Arsenal and the club had done very well to cover it up.

Anyone else heard this story?

now that would be pretty disgraceful.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
obviously you guys havent heard of Clarence Seedorf, the dutch playboy :)

Apparently (and its a pretty good chance) the reason he left (or was discharged from) Inter was because he had an affair with Milene Domingues when she and Ronaldo were still married.

Theres rumours of him and other players wifes, probably due to him being black (and therefore 'large') but i doubt they are true.

i wouldnt be surprised, however, if Seedorf had had a go of Wiltords wife too ;)

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Meanwhile
This friday i dont think Bashtuk (sorry dont know how to spell it lol) is playing!! for Turkey!!
thats quite a loss for them..

eyebrowman

HSC
haha heskey is off to biringham

about time that useless heskey is leaving..

bring on cisse!

and how cool was that gerrard to owen goal on the weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)