Soldiers are not heroes (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I think, in part, it is also attributable to the social attitudes regarding active service during World War I/II, which we largely adopted from the motherland, Britain. White feathers!
The British social attitude was emergent from adulation of the aristocracy which is tied up in religion etc... which goes back to my original point, the British aristocracy, living in constant fear of being deposed, did everything possible to reinforce their power and influence, conditioned their society to believe in the honour of aggression against foreign powers, stuff like medals for valour aren't a naturally emergent feature of humanity, they're an intentional manipulation of social structure.

This is kind of a meta discussion, fundamentally it's all emergent from aspects of human psychology that value conquest, which is an unenlightened way to go about foreign affairs.

Last edited:

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
I agree with you to a point. But I think that it's hard to argue that British nationalism/imperialism/exceptionalism (and Australian for that matter) is entirely a machination of the aristocracy. Those beliefs themselves are emergent from aspects of human-tribal psychology. I certainly agree that the social belief in the honour of aggression was waning, and elite social groups played a part in shoring it up. I think you can also blame the liberal conscience that emerged from the Enlightenment. Such a liberal conscience is also to blame for the difficulty of a liberal society to wage successful COIN operations.

edit: A case in point, I find it difficult to totally associate the honour of aggression to the machinations of the aristocracy, since this very honour in aggression was responsible for sending thousands of the members of the aristocracy (and in particular their children) to war.

Last edited:

HSC
They get a heap of money and benefits from the government though.
Oh really? You obviously know a lot about this subject, so fill us in what entitlements do war widows have?

Honestly this is the most disgusting topic populated by some of the most repugnant human beings I have ever had the misfortune to set my eyes on. How dare any of you belittle war widows in a time of mourning. Practically saying a soldier deserves to die because of his occupation and his family should just deal with it. Honestly if you think that is a reasonable point of view you should probably remove yourself from the gene pool.

Does being a member of Defence automatically make you a hero? Of course not, no more than it makes you a child killing murderer.

Yasi, Larry, the black Saturday bush fires. These are just some examples of mass deployments of Australian Troops within our own borders to help other Australians. Along with the rest of the recovery teams deployed every one of those people on the ground are heroes. Do all of these soldiers fit under your definition of mercenary murders?

How about the MRTF rotations in Afghanistan, making schools and community centres for the Afghani people so they can get an education and shake the rule of the Taliban?

It is clear to me that the majority of posters in this thread lack a decent education and definitly have very little experience in the real world.

Vale to all Soldiers Sailors and Airmen that have given their lives in the defence of this great nation.

Last edited:

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
simply put, soldiers have a choice not to go to war nowadays and their families are aware of the risks involved if they do decide to go to war etc.

Yes it is sad that their husbands/fathers may die while in duty and that their families will be left behind in the wake but they shouldnt fucking whinge to the media about how hard their lives are going to be now or how its unfair. They were aware of the risks.

Plenty of men die while on the job in all fields of employment. If you choose to work a risky job you accept the high death risk, if you do not you find another form of employment. If you accept a risky job then you and your family accept the consequences.

Last edited:

HSC
Plenty of men die while on the job in all fields of employment. If you choose to work a risky job you accept the high death risk, if you do not you find another form of employment. If you accept a risky job then you and your family accept the consequences.
Does that remove a widows right to mourn?

I quote you

I really hate it when modern war widows with kids complain about how hard life is going to be because their husband died in Iraq. Especially the ones that marry them when they are already soldiers.

You were married to someone in a high risk job. Why complain?
So in your world, a widow is asked by the media 'What are you going to do now your husband will no longer be around' the answer would be 'Well that's a good question, however as my husband was in a high risk job I was expecting his death and feel absolutely no emotion from it, and me and my family will be just fine without him' You are an absolute champion mate...

How old are you?

So anyone in a 'high risk job' (by the way how do you define a high risk job? or is it just if Jaundice decides that it's a high risk job then it is) their family automatically has no right to mourn in the case of them passing away? Are you even aware of how stupid that sentiment are?

By the way it's been quite some time since a defence member 'died in Iraq' so maybe you should get your head around that as well.

Last edited:

HSC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II#Australia

how's this for a start cuntknuckle

or why don't you go back to sucking ANZAC cock and go kill some people because they're brown to save our freedom
Oh wow, a wikipedia article! way to go. You fucking moron. Even a highschool project would not accept that. And it also makes no reference to 'Aus soldiers raped and murdered the most in ww2 etc' just another creation from your sick little head. Your credibility is now zero.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
By the way it's been quite some time since a defence member 'died in Iraq' so maybe you should get your head around that as well.
So we should only care or strategise if they're Australian defense force members then?

Glad to note, cunt.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
The implication was obviously of 'The Allied Forces' but have your little love in and hard on for statism

HSC
So we should only care or strategise if they're Australian defense force members then?

Glad to note, cunt.
THat was clearly in reply to Jaundices opinion on deaths of ADF members and the affects on the family of the deceased. You don't make any sense 'care or strategise' what is that supposed to mean? Are you playing with a full deck of cards?

^ Also known as "The Muslim Defense"
You make a claim in relation to the rate of rapes and murders Australian troops commited. You then failed to back that claim up. Australian soldiers have commited war crimes, how ever not 'the most in ww2' as you so broadly statedl. If you make claims like that you need to be able to back them up. You cannot.

The implication was obviously of 'The Allied Forces' but have your little love in and hard on for statism
It was not obvious at all, maybe in your sick little head it was obvious, yet you still can't back this claim up with facts, reports, or statistics.

I am now convinced that you have the mental faculties of a child.

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Oh sorry I didn't know that murder in a war was a war crime

Are you fucking retarded

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC

Are you fucking retarded
There you go again, calling everyone with a view different to yours 'ratarded'. Perhaps you should look in the mirror Christian as the problem is not everyone else it is you.

HSC

Are you fucking retarded
Murder outside of the LOAC is clearly a warcrime as prescribed by the Hague convention as well as the Geneva convention. Rape is a war crime no question.

Are you fucking retarded?

Last edited:

HSC
Just as I thought, back in your box Lolsmith. If you are going to try and be involved in a conversation at least have an understanding of the underlying principles. One day you'll be able to talk with the adults!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)