• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Some are born gay, some achieve gayness, and some have gayness thrust upon them (4 Viewers)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
They do nothing to negatively impact your life. You get over it.

HSC
They do nothing to negatively impact your life. You get over it.
Maybe they have. At least he doesn't think his views should impact on their rights, like so many others. Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad.

Last edited:
HSC
Interestingly enough some do believe that intolerance is brewing in both sides.
Of course it is. Anything that becomes polarized like this always does. It's the same with hardcore atheists. They accuse religious people of being intolerant whilst making all these assumptions about people who are religious.

spyro14

HSC
Of course it is. Anything that becomes polarized like this always does. It's the same with hardcore atheists. They accuse religious people of being intolerant whilst making all these assumptions about people who are religious.
And the Social Hatred cycle goes on.

Tangent

HSC
The funny thing is that society NEVER learns. Maybe society thinks there is a need to have a minority group to discriminate against or something. Really, its history repeating itself over and over again.

As for the mardi gras, the reason it is held is celebrate a side of society that has long been discriminated against, and suppressed violently. It gives a chance for people to enjoy being homosexual.
That said, there are still bashings at the parade, which i think is disgusting.

I guess discrimination is produced through ignorance. Education is the only way to overcome this situation.

p.s. i wanna go to mardi gras next year, friends had a blast this year. (and mardi gras isnt just for homosexual peoples either, everyone is welcome to attend)

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The mardi gras is nothing but a hedonistic orgy, where the supposedly 'suppressed' overrun the city in an explosion of lust and self-love, papered over with distorted ideals, supposedly noble, like freedom. It's nothing but a drawn-out slap in the face, wagging of the genitals at true family, true love, true faith. One of the leading pagan outbursts in this country, annually battering the Church doors with its barbaric ram.

spyro14

HSC
Maybe society thinks there is a need to have a minority group to discriminate against or something.)
Society as a collective whole doesn't think, it just acts upon the sometimes overly predictable trends in human behaviour. Discrimination against the common enemy or minority groups seems to be a means for society ignoring its own various failures in almost every other aspect of life.

HSC
The funny thing is that society NEVER learns. Maybe society thinks there is a need to have a minority group to discriminate against or something. Really, its history repeating itself over and over again...I guess discrimination is produced through ignorance. Education is the only way to overcome this situation.

p.s. i wanna go to mardi gras next year, friends had a blast this year. (and mardi gras isnt just for homosexual peoples either, everyone is welcome to attend)
It can and does learn. It just takes a very long time. I mean think about how big it is...but I agree with you, there are always groups in the minority etc. Sadly, I think it's a feature of human nature to dominate others. And why shouldn't it be? In terms of evolution, we need to be competitive to survive. The problem is that this instinct gets mixed with philosophy etc. I'm not saying that that's a good thing, or that it means we shouldn't fight against it, because I think we can, but, like I said, it takes a long time.

I'd love to go to mardi gras too! My friend (straight) went with her friends who have gay mums, they went on the some float for children of gay parents. My friend said it was awesome!

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
some disgusting individual puked on my train as i was on my way home from work, on the night of the gay and lesbian mardi gras

Disgraceful!

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
It can and does learn. It just takes a very long time. I mean think about how big it is...but I agree with you, there are always groups in the minority etc. Sadly, I think it's a feature of human nature to dominate others. And why shouldn't it be? In terms of evolution, we need to be competitive to survive. The problem is that this instinct gets mixed with philosophy etc. I'm not saying that that's a good thing, or that it means we shouldn't fight against it, because I think we can, but, like I said, it takes a long time.

I'd love to go to mardi gras too! My friend (straight) went with her friends who have gay mums, they went on the some float for children of gay parents. My friend said it was awesome!
you cannot have a gay mother. it is not morally possible and i refuse to admit their existence. confused mother is more appropriate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)