Some are born gay, some achieve gayness, and some have gayness thrust upon them (3 Viewers)

HSC
I like to try and be accepting. It makes things much more interesting. Also, I don't agree with that idea...'perception is reality'...what about if you say that perception is NOT reality and that's your perception...which gets us into a paradox. What about the Holocaust, or WW1 and 2? What about schizophrenic people?

Last edited:
HSC
I know gay people irl. I suspect many many more. But on bos for instance, SP and I are famous friends. I think the success of this relationship is SP's latent shame
Homophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1996, a controlled study of 64 heterosexual men (half claimed to be homophobic by experience and self-reported orientation) at the University of Georgia found that men who were found to be homophobic (as measured by the Index of Homophobia) were considerably more likely to experience more erectile responses when exposed to homoerotic images than non-homophobic men.
Hmmm...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
erectile responses, aye

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
snowfox said:
Good lord, why do people insists a disease. I dont know how many times people on here have said it, A DISEASE IS SOMETHING THAT IS DETRIMENTAL TO THAT PERSONS HEALTH.
Homosexuals are prone to, among other things, a higher risk for drug or alcohol abuse, higher risk of suicide, significantly higher risk of mood and anxiety disorders.

A Netherlands study (where homosexuality is much more widely accepted than that in the U.S.) shows that mental health problems in homosexuals are still much higher than in heterosexuals, despite the more tolerant society.

Not detrimental to a persons health?

HSC
Homosexuals are prone to, among other things, a higher risk for drug or alcohol abuse, higher risk of suicide, significantly higher risk of mood and anxiety disorders.

A Netherlands study (where homosexuality is much more widely accepted than that in the U.S.) shows that mental health problems in homosexuals are still much higher than in heterosexuals, despite the more tolerant society.

Not detrimental to a persons health?
I would argue that that would still be due to a sense of not being 'normal'. A lack of this can be very hard to deal with...For example, I have cerebral palsy and have always been accepted by the people around me, but I still have a hard time with it because it makes me different.

HSC
Men have a lower life expectancy than women, are more likely to die in freak accidents, commit suicide, suffer from alcoholism, go to jail and be overweight than women.

Be careful boys, your penis is a safety hazard!

(I'm not sure that all the things I said are true)

Tangent

HSC
The mardi gras is nothing but a hedonistic orgy, where the supposedly 'suppressed' overrun the city in an explosion of lust and self-love, papered over with distorted ideals, supposedly noble, like freedom. It's nothing but a drawn-out slap in the face, wagging of the genitals at true family, true love, true faith. One of the leading pagan outbursts in this country, annually battering the Church doors with its barbaric ram.
Yes Iron, the parade is staged solely to offend the churches, not to promote and celebrate freedom and recognition of rights, thats just silly.

Society as a collective whole doesn't think, it just acts upon the sometimes overly predictable trends in human behaviour. Discrimination against the common enemy or minority groups seems to be a means for society ignoring its own various failures in almost every other aspect of life.
I agree, by someone pointing out something 'strange' about someone else, this ultimately makes them feel 'normal', in turn alienating the other person. EG. say a brunette paid out a blonde, because they were seen to be 'strange'. That would mean that the brunette is 'normal', because that leaves only them to be 'normal'. Sorry if im not being very clear here, but what im trying to say is that by alienating minority groups within society, society gains a definition of 'normal', and empowers those who are considered to be 'normal'. Normal is self defined, everyone thinks themselves normal, until someone says different.

it is a bit aggressive towards us norms: i'll give you that.
Thankyou for illustrating my point

Last edited:

Tangent

HSC
Men have a lower life expectancy than women, are more likely to die in freak accidents, commit suicide, suffer from alcoholism, go to jail and be overweight than women.

Be careful boys, your penis is a safety hazard!

(I'm not sure that all the things I said are true)
the life expectancy, jail and alcoholism is, dunno about the rest.

EDIT: true for overweight, and also suicide (4:1), though on freak accidents there will be abit of ambiguity as to what you call freak accidents

Last edited:
HSC
You're right.

Men have a higher death rate than women
The Australian Bureau of Statistics Mortality Atlas Australia (December 2002) shows that the death rate from the main causes of death is generally higher for men than women. The average death rate per 100,000 persons (1997-2000) includes:

Malignant (cancerous) tumours - 237.8 males compared to 146.7 females
Ischaemic heart disease - 190 males compared to 119.9 females
Cerebrovascular diseases (strokes etc) - 65.9 males compared to 65.8 females
Chronic lower respiratory diseases (lung problems)- 46.6 males compared to 23.2 females
Accidents - 35.6 males compared to 17.7 females
Suicide - 21.9 males compared to 5.5 females
Diabetes mellitus - 18.8 males compared to 13.6 females
Influenza and pneumonia - 13.6 males compared to 11.4 females
Motor vehicle traffic accidents - 13.1 males compared to 5.5 females
Mental disorders (including dementia) - 9.3 males compared to 10.8 females.

Pneumonia and influenza - 265 per cent more likely to die.
Cerebrovascular disease - 102 per cent more likely to die.
Respiratory disorders (such as bronchitis and emphysema) - 98 per cent more likely to die.
Suicide - 77 per cent more likely to take their own lives.
Diabetes - 74 per cent more likely to die.
Lung cancer - 55 per cent more likely to die.
Ischaemic heart disease - 54 per cent more likely to die.
Men's health - Better Health Channel.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
cant we all accept the following and move on?
society depends on majority
protect the majority from the tyranny and STI's of the minority
homosexuals are a minority

hence, be rid of it.
imho

DISPROVE THAT ONE DEBATING TEAM

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
IDK, the majority wouldn't get the diseases/STIs of the minority because they're only shared within the.. minority? A homosexual is unlikely to pass a STI onto a heterosexual now are they?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Homosexuals spreading STI's... didnt i just say this was a common, and rather idiotic argument?

Tangent

HSC
cant we all accept the following and move on?
society depends on majority
protect the majority from the tyranny and STI's of the minority
homosexuals are a minority

hence, be rid of it.
imho

DISPROVE THAT ONE DEBATING TEAM
We are all human beings.
Homosexuals have not hurt anybody.

If you tried hard enough, everyone would be part of a minority group, and funnily enough, everyone is a majority

EDIT: enough counter arguments Ben? in what.... 6 minutes?

Last edited:
HSC
Also, just because homosexuals are a minority doesn't mean that people who think they should have rights are a minority or that the majority should be allowed to deny them rights.

People are entitled to think that homosexuality is wrong, but they are not entitled to use the criminal law to force that view upon others... A society that has learned, over time, racial and sexual equality can surely come to terms with equality of sexuality.

—Tony Blair

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yes Iron, the parade is staged solely to offend the churches, not to promote and celebrate freedom and recognition of rights, thats just silly.
...that's what i said, homosexual

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)