st andrews application? (1 Viewer)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
melbournian said:
Don't worry dude. It should all fall into place....just keep ringing up porges and helen and get on their good side.
are you serious? did you ring them? what did you say? ive sent him emails and stuff and thanked him for the interview and said how i liked the place (with out going overboard), told him my marks and said which ones i was happy with and not.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
lukebennett said:
are you serious? did you ring them? what did you say? ive sent him emails and stuff and thanked him for the interview and said how i liked the place (with out going overboard), told him my marks and said which ones i was happy with and not.
Keep that up. You sure know how not to overdo it and drop subtle hints that you want to be in, you'll be fine. I'd pass on the marks though.

Come on, NSW All Schools for running? And Barker as well? That's pretty much the elite in that field.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Templar said:
Keep that up. You sure know how not to overdo it and drop subtle hints that you want to be in, you'll be fine. I'd pass on the marks though.

Come on, NSW All Schools for running? And Barker as well? That's pretty much the elite in that field.
believe it or not he asked for them!!!!! a bit wierd aye but meh

i guess i am overdoing it but to get into college isnt easy and he didnt seem to care how good i was at anything accept for hsc.

but yeah illl shut up now hehehehehehe

do you go to college?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
lukebennett said:
i guess i am overdoing it but to get into college isnt easy and he didnt seem to care how good i was at anything accept for hsc.

do you go to college?
No, I'm lucky enough to live within ~10km of USyd, with a decent public transport system to take me there.

But I have used this method of repeated 'subtle persuasion' to get into something I wanted to do.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
melbournian said:
I basically rang every few days and when I popped in to say hello when I was in Sydney I got in (basically when I returned home I got my offer).
my god, i didn't do any of that kind of stuff. he basically told me at the end of my interview that i was in, dependent on my marks, so i didn't really feel the need. i must have made myself sound even more awesome on my app than i thought... :D <--- smug, self-satisfied grin

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
hey melbs,

how many people are you expecting to not come back this year? ie how many spots will there be? :D

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
oh ok. i did nt expect there to be that many freshers. well that leaves me plenty of hope then. i was thinking more like 40 freshers.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
melbournian said:
I think have been a little less actually. Not too much less though. Definantly more than 40.
approximately how often does the drews have parties or how often do drewsmen go to parties?

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
i had a look in thyne yesterday.

ew.

melby, do u know a guy called sam? blond hair. my fam had a tour of drews yesterday and my 11-going on 17-yr old sister decided he was, like, way cute.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i wanted to go on the tour yesterday but didnt have enough time.

bugger

who gave you the tour?

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i took the tour too not because i am going there but a friend is
i dont know who my tour guide was though he was tall and came from the central coast

the people who gave the tour were students who stayed there
but we meet the principal dude when we were walking there

all i can say is that if i was there i would want to stay in the newly renovated place
which has four bedroom each with ensuites... we saw one bedroom in there and it was heaps small
but had lots and lots of shelfs compared to my room
only thing i would complain about is the size of the wardrobe
oh and the dinig hall was sooo nice i would love to eat my meals in there

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
mizz_smee said:
i took the tour too not because i am going there but a friend is
i dont know who my tour guide was though he was tall and came from the central coast

the people who gave the tour were students who stayed there
but we meet the principal dude when we were walking there

all i can say is that if i was there i would want to stay in the newly renovated place
which has four bedroom each with ensuites... we saw one bedroom in there and it was heaps small
but had lots and lots of shelfs compared to my room
only thing i would complain about is the size of the wardrobe
oh and the dinig hall was sooo nice i would love to eat my meals in there
yeah i loved the place. ill be so excited if i get in. it will make my year hehehe. i may meet your friend if i get in. where is she from?

btw the tour guide i think went to my school. hope they are good connections for me.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
she is from the central coast...
i dunno if she will even go for sure yet
but another friend applied as well but she is from coffs harbour

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
they have the advantage of living out of sydney. they get in easier i think cause they need a place to stay. hope i get in cause dural is still too far away to be commuting from. it would get close to 4hrs of travelling each day

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
yeah thats not good.... but cityrail suck so u dont want to rely on them
yesterday the train there was 30 mins late
and the train back was 15 mins late it was so stupid

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
hey melbs,

wat distances does rawson aths go to? i know it does 5k but does it do 3k aswell??

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
melbournian said:
No idea.....
i'll ask someone in the aths team if i remember
i got a regret to inform you letter today from drews. what do i do now do you think? it says keep in touch

however he wrote in pen at the bottom: "please keep in touch with me (in case a withdrawal from College arises)"
did he do that on your letter too. i may still have a chance

Last edited:

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
thanks. i felt in the interview he said i would get in if i got 98+ but my bomb out in 3 subjects ruined that. but yeah i think im probably boarderline. i sent him an email saying i am still VERY interested and if i get in he wont be disappointed with my contribution to the college and uni life and stuff.

ill probably ring him in a few days or when the uni offers come out on the 19th cause he said thats when openings will appear usually cause people may go to other unis or whatever. and some choose other colleges

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
well i just got off the phone to Dr Porges and he said if there is an opening that i will get a place. he says im on this list of his and he will let me know of any places available. i also stressed the difficulty for me in getting to usyd from home everyday and the 4hr return travel time and he said that there were an unusually large number of people returning to college this year. but it is hopeful for me I suppose (there should be a few withdrawls there). fingers crossed!!!

and melby apparently paul's has a very academic unsporty load of freshers coming in so maybe drews will be more competitive in rawson this year :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)