• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

State Rankings (1 Viewer)

Zephyrio

HSC
Trebla said:
I'm from Zephyrio's school (Sefton) and I can confirm NO ONE from Sefton has state-ranked in English...yet (at least since the new HSC from 2001). In fact, there were no state ranks from Sefton whatsoever (since 2001) until 2004 where we had a 2nd in the state for Maths Ext2. Since then, every year has managed at least one state ranking...so you Class of 08 better not break the trend!!!haha :p
Tanya Nguyen came 4th in the state for English (1998). Lana Najj came first in 1992.

And you know, the English teachers were talking about state rankings for me in English. That kinda screwed me over. LOL. :( :( I hope I don't disappoint them too much.

One can only hope though...:p

Last edited:

08er

HSC
dp624 said:
Oh okay, lol. THe person I know must've been from before 2001. because I disntinctly remember her getting 100 uai and state ranking a lot (Tanya Nguyen or sometihng?)

Lol, I hope clerical errors don't happen.. srsly so.

ALso last year they came out at 4pm, so i dno. Didn't our assessment ranks come out at 4pm or something?
they came out a bit after 5pm

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Zephyrio said:
Tanya Nguyen came 4th in the state for English (1998). Lana Najj came first in 1992.

And you know, the English teachers were talking about state rankings for me in English. That kinda screwed me over. LOL. :( :( I hope I don't disappoint them too much.

One can only hope though...:p
Which English are you talking about though?

Zephyrio

HSC
Iono, can't remember.
I think Lana topped extension, and Tanya came fourth in the equivalent of advanced English now.

dp624

HSC
Calls come out inthe next two days!/crazy

danz90

HSC
Yeah, only 1st in state get called and invited to a ceremony.
State ranks are available on the BOS website from midday 17th dec.

dp624

HSC
no calls today then. =.=
(actually, has anyone gotten one?)

dp624

HSC
lyounamu said:
They are not supposed to tell.
LOL, i don't think many people could resists. Or maybe it's just me =.=

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
LOL, i don't think many people could resists. Or maybe it's just me =.=
Hahaha...I am in the same boat. But imagine that you got a phone call and they told you not to reveal it. AND also imagine that I asked you in this forum about this issue, I really wonder what your response would be.

dp624

HSC
Well it's not like htey could do much about it... strip you of it? lmao probably not =.=

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
Well it's not like htey could do much about it... strip you of it? lmao probably not =.=
LOL

It would be funny if those guys patrolled the boredofstudies website just to see if people keep their mouths shut or patrol all the phone call lines or even stalk you !!!! nah, jks

I reckon my response to question like that would be like "I was told not to tell you guys" lol

iEdd

HSC
WTF? Why can't you tell people? So the situation is like this:

Mum: Phone rang, it's for you.
Student: Hello
BOS Guy: I must be fast. This line may be tapped.
Student: Who is this?
BOS Guy: You are first in the state for community and family studies. While this award is nothing prestigious, as let's face it, you only beat people that do C&F, you must not tell anyone. Good day sir.
Mum: Who was that?
Student: No-one... Wrong number.

And then the kid looks over his shoulder for the rest of his life in case men in suits grab him on suspicion of telling his own mother about an award?

:D

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Hahah I can't imagine anyone actually resisting the urge to tell just a few people...In theory, it may be possible, but I know I wouldn't succeed. :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
iEdd said:

BOS Guy: You are first in the state for community and family studies. While this award is nothing prestigious, as let's face it, you only beat people that do C&F, you must not tell anyone. Good day sir.

And then the kid looks over his shoulder for the rest of his life in case men in suits grab him on suspicion of telling his own mother about an award?

rofl

dp624

HSC
iEdd said:

hahaahaha. immediate family need to know cos they provide transport there? unless you take public transport and say "oh yea, i'm just going out for like 6-7 hrs today. bye"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)