Student Elections / Elections / General BS (1 Viewer)

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
Exeter said:
im not voting at all!
in the end thats ur decision to make...

but im suggesting that u should at least spare 5mins to hear what we have to say rather than refuse to vote outright... bcos this does concern u

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
the uni elections to me hasnt been about the politics of it all, it has been about friendships, and with different cliques of friends believing they have the best policies, its too hard to pick one without offending another group.

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
Exeter said:
the uni elections to me hasnt been about the politics of it all, it has been about friendships, and with different cliques of friends believing they have the best policies, its too hard to pick one without offending another group.
thats true... alot of the parties in uni elections are run from a grp of friends... but these tend to be smaller elections like for clubs and societies...

but if one election is different... its the guild election...
one cos its the biggest election in the year, and in order to even have a shot u have to have substantial policy and support from a vast number of ppl who believe in ur policies and causes...

so if u vote in one election in a whole yr... then vote in the guild elections...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I don't mind these people handing out flyers, but they sometimes do it to some crazy extent.

I remember there were 4 people in front of the library handing out flyers. Not in front of the whole library, but 4 people in front of one automatic door.

I was like WTF ? At least give me the opportunity to say no im not interested and actually LET me pass through the door instead of creating a barrier.

thats GEE GEE

mraverage

u tell em ruka!

its hard from a campaigners view for ppl to just walk past u too... if ppl are willing to stop and talk to us, any power person would be glad to talk bak to u abt our policies... its abt what u ppl out there wanna do wif your money... empower yourself and take some time to appreciate the ppl handing stuff out to u

meshy

Asquithian said:
gotta love cbs ... revues are ok...they are not pushing any political stuff...
I have no problem with the revues themselves, just that they often post over the whole board (e.g. this Starkey and Hash one) covering all the accomodation notices etc..

locu64

HSC
N/A
rukawasan said:
in the end thats ur decision to make...

but im suggesting that u should at least spare 5mins to hear what we have to say rather than refuse to vote outright... bcos this does concern u
King Stamos hit it on the head, it's all about the old CV. We're not kids anymore dude, we all have egos and some people (these political wannabes from the vision/power/fuckup parties) will do anything for a scrap of recognition when they go to work.

I dont think I should have to spare 5 minutes, I can see the A3 posters all over the bulletin boards, I can hear you people talking about bullshit when you roam around in packs, I have to listen to you people talk when you decide to go into a lecture theatre before class starts to spread your bullshit.

Lets get one thing straight, there's nothing you can do to stop the HECS increases, bar voting for labor.

Thanks for turning UNSW into a circus!

- LOCU (Proud member of the FYAD UNSW student guild)

is a roflcopter
HSC
fucken i hate those sneaky cbs fucks
:p

B

Bambul

meshy said:
I don't like how CBS and CSE Review (and others) put their posters over all the other small accomodation offers etc. They literally cover the whole board with their stuff.
The poster boards are run by the union or guild (forget which one). That means that anything with the union/guild logo on them has precedence and they can poster over something that doesn't have it. The Revues and NUTS shows all have union and guild logos on their posters, most accomodation ones don't, so they are allowed to poster over them.

They don't take the whole board either. They're only supposed to take 1/3rd (usually the right 1/3rd for Revues and left 1/3rd for NUTS). If you take a closer look you'll see what I'm talking about.

The moral: always put up your things in the middle so that they won't get postered over!!

meshy

Bambul said:
The poster boards are run by the union or guild (forget which one). That means that anything with the union/guild logo on them has precedence and they can poster over something that doesn't have it. The Revues and NUTS shows all have union and guild logos on their posters, most accomodation ones don't, so they are allowed to poster over them.

They don't take the whole board either. They're only supposed to take 1/3rd (usually the right 1/3rd for Revues and left 1/3rd for NUTS). If you take a closer look you'll see what I'm talking about.

The moral: always put up your things in the middle so that they won't get postered over!!
fair enough

addz

HSC
all groups should stop campaigning and just leave manned areas (selectively chosen of course) with flyers around uni for people to pick up if they want to read them and talk to those reps there.....not just a scramble outside the lib lawn and at the gates.....

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
locu64 said:
King Stamos hit it on the head, it's all about the old CV. We're not kids anymore dude, we all have egos and some people (these political wannabes from the vision/power/fuckup parties) will do anything for a scrap of recognition when they go to work.

I dont think I should have to spare 5 minutes, I can see the A3 posters all over the bulletin boards, I can hear you people talking about bullshit when you roam around in packs, I have to listen to you people talk when you decide to go into a lecture theatre before class starts to spread your bullshit.

Lets get one thing straight, there's nothing you can do to stop the HECS increases, bar voting for labor.

Thanks for turning UNSW into a circus!

- LOCU (Proud member of the FYAD UNSW student guild)
i cant believe u ppl, i cant believe the degree of cynicism that exists in ppl who think theres a hidden agenda behind everything...
sigh...
but i guess thats democracy eh?
free choice... free speech... thats what makes our nations great...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
who thinks the guy who made this thread sounds like the guy who bagged out volunteers in "blitz"?

locu64

HSC
N/A
Excuse me? I think you need to learn to comprehend the written language properly. A 'rant' doesnt mean I have the same views as anyone who is a little pissed off about something.

I hate pretentious selfish fucks who think that their rightful cause, whatever it may be (in this case, getting their friend elected in a inconsequential student election, where they get to waste my $100 guild fee) is excuse enough to run rampant about a campus, abusing their rights to 'free speech' forcing their political garbage down peoples throats.

What does these feelings have to do with volunteers? Volunteers are the most unselfish people out there (following that they're supporting their cause without an alterior motive, like planting trees or helping the elderly), why would I have a biff with them?

As I see it, having a bunch of clowns running around in yellow and red t-shirts, sporting emotive tokens like 'VISION' and 'POWER' (long live the USSR!) has nothing to do with real volunteer work. More like being a pain in the ass.

turtle_2468

HSC
Asquithian said:

so ever simplistic...if only life was so black and white
The thing is, life IS that simple...
I think sometimes we get so caught up in our own lives that we think that that is all there is to it... but in those quiet moments, when there isn't another assignment just around the corner, we realise that what we do won't last forever...

Christianity isn't about being the most sophisticated religion about, but rather "the foolishness of the Gospel" which is opposed to the philosophies people espouse today...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)