• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Student Walkout - Sept 5th (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

williams180

HSC
Tulipa said:
Hahaha

Funniest thing I've read all day.

I don't agree with the conflict in the Middle East and thus I'm a freedom hater.

God you idiots crack me up.
yeh ure missing the point but. It is the most important region to ensure freedom for our future

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
williams180 said:
better than having thier president sending ppl out knocking on your door and cutting your head off. The people are displaced in the effort for the long term greater good
Cool, the laymen's argument. So, in order to achieve the greater good, you must make the people of Iraq flee their own country and make them homeless while encouraging violence.

I'm sorry but Pax Americana won't work "for the long term". Many have tried, none have suceeded.

You know what quells extremism? Not force, but fixing poverty. Doesn't matter what type of extremism. Refer to the period of the German Republic from 1924-1929, comparing it to the periods before and after. You know why the Kumpfbund did the Beer Hall Putsch? Because they knew that the coming prosperity would completely kill of political extremism. And it did. What happened when that economic prosperity was snatched away? People turned to the extremists. People won't care enough to turn to extremism if they are content which is usually materialistic. We are human afterall. :p

However, some people aren't too bright so they continue a violent method of trying to "fix" the world.

williamc said:
What a joke, get your history right.
Do you know what international conflict is?

williamc

HSC
Tulipa said:
'Scuse?

What's wrong with that statement?

We had WWI and WWII, not to mention the numerous array of wars and conflicts worldwide.
Oops, didn't read "since."

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
williams180 said:
yeh ure missing the point but. It is the most important region to ensure freedom for our future
No, you're missing the point.

No one has real freedom. It can't exist without causing utter chaos.

Freedom is a buzz word designed to be emotive and pull a reaction out of someone in order to justify something it has nothing to do with.

williamc

HSC
Snaykew said:
Cool, the laymen's argument. So, in order to achieve the greater good, you must make the people of Iraq flee their own country and make them homeless while encouraging violence.

I'm sorry but Pax Americana won't work "for the long term". Many have tried, none have suceeded.

You know what quells extremism? Not force, but fixing poverty. Doesn't matter what type of extremism. Refer to the period of the German Republic from 1924-1929, comparing it to the periods before and after. You know why the Kumpfbund did the Beer Hall Putsch? Because they knew that the coming prosperity would completely kill of political extremism. And it did. What happened when that economic prosperity was snatched away? People turned to the extremists. People won't care enough to turn to extremism if they are content which is usually materialistic. We are human afterall. :p

However, some people aren't too bright so they continue a violent method of trying to "fix" the world.

Do you know what international conflict is?
biggest load of rubbish i have ever read. your a deadset joke.

And yes i do know what international conflict is as im topping modern.

williams180

HSC
get with the 21st century snaykew who gives a f*ck about the 1924-1929 period of germany this is a new time with a different world view. George bush is a man with vision a man that will put in place the bricks of freedom for the middle east forever

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
williams180 said:
get with the 21st century snaykew who gives a f*ck about the 1924-1929 period of germany this is a new time with a different world view. George bush is a man with vision a man that will put in place the bricks of freedom for the middle east forever
BAHAHAHA.

God you are an idiot. The remainder of his presidency is already being overlooked, it's all about Election '08, not about what he's going to do until then.

Also, Snaykew had some great points. If you're topping modern you should know that history repeats itself and that the point of studying history is in order to prevent mistakes from happening again.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Snaykew said:
You know what quells extremism? Not force, but fixing poverty.
No, it doesn't. :confused:

Partisan

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:

Freedom is a buzz word designed to be emotive and pull a reaction out of someone in order to justify something it has nothing to do with.
i.e. morale boost

williamc

HSC
Tulipa said:

Does that mean freedom, taking into account inflation?

LOL at your analogy, "freedom is a buzz word."

Id say there is real freedom in australia, and no there isnt "utter choas"

williams180

HSC
Tulipa said:

oh please wtf is that response id expect better from someone who seems to be promoting a mass exodus of troops from iraq. You could never have pure freedom but the freedom that we have atm could potential be unsettled and cause greater uncertainty if the USA suddenly abandoned ship and lets the terrorist plot something greater and more damging than killing 3000 plus innocent americans and people of many nationalities

williamc

HSC
Tulipa said:
Also, Snaykew had some great points. If you're topping modern you should know that history repeats itself and that the point of studying history is in order to prevent mistakes from happening again.
I disagree, the study of the HSC modern history course has got nothing to do with stopping the same mistakes from happening again, but merely the mistakes themselves.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
williamc said:
Does that mean freedom, taking into account inflation?

LOL at your analogy, "freedom is a buzz word."

Id say there is real freedom in australia, and no there isnt "utter choas"
Freedom - the condition of being free; the power to act or speak or think without externally imposed restraints

I can't murder people without getting sent to jail. I wouldn't call that real freedom.

Plus lol at having two of you.

williams180 said:
oh please wtf is that response id expect better from someone who seems to be promoting a mass exodus of troops from iraq. You could never have pure freedom but the freedom that we have atm could potential be unsettled and cause greater uncertainty if the USA suddenly abandoned ship and lets the terrorist plot something greater and more damging than killing 3000 plus innocent americans and people of many nationalities
I'm not promoting a mass exodus. No where have I said anything about that, just that I don't agree with the conflict. Don't assume, makes an ass out of u and me.

Iraq is not full of terrorists. Most of the internal conflict [see: internal, not concerning the outside nations] is related to issues between the native groups of the area.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
No, it doesn't. :confused:
Oh sorry, my bad. That's why the Nazis were so popular during Germany's time of prosperty in the mid-20s.

Also, poor response, you two williams. You just can't hack being stupid, hence the one liner responses which is usually "OMG FREEDOM" but doesn't really expand on anything.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
williamc said:
I disagree, the study of the HSC modern history course has got nothing to do with stopping the same mistakes from happening again, but merely the mistakes themselves.
So what's the point of studying history then?

The study of history beyond the HSC is involved with reviewing the past and constrasting it to the present or future.

williamc

HSC
Tulipa said:
So what's the point of studying history then?

The study of history beyond the HSC is involved with reviewing the past and constrasting it to the present or future.
To get high marks and get into my favoured uni course. Anythign besides economics is a joke.

williamc

HSC
Tulipa said:
Freedom - the condition of being free; the power to act or speak or think without externally imposed restraints

I can't murder people without getting sent to jail. I wouldn't call that real freedom.

Plus lol at having two of you.
You can get away with muder if your good enough. Also, your inability to pick up the term real freedom, meaning freedom taking into account inflation, just proves that your earlier economic argument was bad, due to your inability to think laterally (what you get by not studying economics)

williams180

HSC
I'm not promoting a mass exodus. No where have I said anything about that, just that I don't agree with the conflict. Don't assume, makes an ass out of u and me.

Iraq is not full of terrorists. Most of the internal conflict [see: internal, not concerning the outside nations] is related to issues between the native groups of the area.[/quote]

i understand that you dont believe is conflict it is something that george bush wouldnt have wanted to do but throughout life thier are times when one must act for the greater good. If u have a couple of buildings destroyed up in the NYC im sure u gots to do something about it. Conflict is the only way to a better future.
As for iraq not been full of terrorists that is true to an extent however that is where they are taking haven with many pakistanis and others joining these extremists organisations. the conflict between the native areas is one of the reasons t america is there for i mean please they are helping stem the hate so they can become a united country.

williams180

HSC
Snaykew said:
Oh sorry, my bad. That's why the Nazis were so popular during Germany's time of prosperty in the mid-20s.

Also, poor response, you two williams. You just can't hack being stupid, hence the one liner responses which is usually "OMG FREEDOM" but doesn't really expand on anything.
stupid enough to be topping 3 subjects but thats enough matter man. OMG NAZIS who gives a shit
What are u studying next yr? history or something

Last edited:

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
You do realise a lot of them are going to Iraq to fight the Americans? I don't think any of them were there before the Iraq War, not on this scale anyway. The only result in creating displacement is pushing people into the arms of extremists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)