• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Study Group (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
Really? I don't think he narrowed it down - I just talked to him on MSN.

Oh, I don't think we would need to bring much actually. I will bring my maths books - cambridge and fitzy. If somebody else has some other awesome book they can bring them too. Actually I will bring patel too just in case.

What I was thinking about study group is that we can split ourselves into two or something because we don't want to have 12 people sitting on one desk.

We might have this maths/science group as opposed to english/humanities group. We might have one person helping others and others might just swap around.

But in general you will have to bring:
  • pens (but i might bring more so that you can use them, yes i am pretty loaded)
  • notes that you might want to share/show so that others can learn how to make one
  • books that others may not have (i don't have terry lee for 4 unit, if someone can bring, that will be good)
  • some stationery (calculator, compass and whatever)
  • papers/note papers/something to write on
  • some money because yeah, we might have to have lunch and some fun time might come in at the end...lol (don't get too excited guys)
    And you will have to print some papers too...
  • fresh brain. you will have to bring a fresh brain to make the process of diffusion easier. You are about go absorb 100 terabytes of information. So yeah, make sure your brain is ready to load that much.
After reading that Namu, you made me feel all excited now :rolleyes: And I'd only be too happy to share my Terry Lee with you Namu. You can have a read of it if you like.

This is what I'm going to bring on the day:
  • stationary (pens, paper, compasses etc)
  • Textbooks (I have basically all the "good" textbooks, except for Fitz 4u so I can bring if you guys want to borrow)
  • My study notes for Economics and English to show you guys what I do
  • Past papers I've d/led from BoS and collected from my sisters
  • Essays which I've scored 17/20 and 18/20 for English so you guys can have a read of it
I will try to help you guys as much as possible!
Hopefully if we do go out at the end, it won't be too heavy and hopefully my bag won't break (can you imagine the sight of us walking in the city and one of our bags break and all we see spill out are pens and calculators and books - what nerds :lol: )

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
annabackwards said:
Yeah, hopefully i can make some room because my holidays are ridiculously packed.

My dad asked me if i wanted to go to QLD in January so i showed him my calender. His response: "Oooohhh ok then, maybe later." :vcross:
lucky, could have gone to forster and QLD

but then again i would probably rather get on with my life back here in syd:music:

and how are your holidays so full?? i can never fill them :(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
After reading that Namu, you made me feel all excited now :rolleyes: And I'd only be too happy to share my Terry Lee with you Namu. You can have a read of it if you like.

This is what I'm going to bring on the day:
  • stationary (pens, paper, compasses etc)
  • Textbooks (I have basically all the "good" textbooks, except for Fitz 4u so I can bring if you guys want to borrow)
  • My study notes for Economics and English to show you guys what I do
  • Past papers I've d/led from BoS and collected from my sisters
  • Essays which I've scored 17/20 and 18/20 for English so you guys can have a read of it
I will try to help you guys as much as possible!
Hopefully if we do go out at the end, it won't be too heavy and hopefully my bag won't break (can you imagine the sight of us walking in the city and one of our bags break and all we see spill out are pens and calculators and books - what nerds :lol: )
lol

Here is my book list (don't bother bringing what I bring, lol):
  • fitzy 3/4 unit (both books)
  • cambridge 3/4 unit (both books)
  • patel 4 unit
  • excel 4 unit
  • leading edge 4 unit
So don't really bother brinigng book I have. If you have other book, bring them but if they are too heavy for you, don't worry. I am sure we will go throuhg all the work with what I have.

BTW, leading edge 4 unit is really a good book. It has got very good questions. So we might do those Qs haha. BTW, I am not going to bring 2 unit textbooks because concepts are pretty easy to grasp so that textbooks are not necessary. If you have past papers for 2 unit, I will go through questiosn with ya. I am sure I tried 200+ past papers for 2 unit, so I am confident with any Q you throw out at me. For 3 unit, I can teach anything basically but not into much details. My explanation might be little limited. I can do past papers with you too, so if you have some questions, bring them along.

About other subjects, I am sure others will handle them. Oh, I can help out for Business Studies too. But I won't bring textbooks (I don't want to break my bag)

If you are confident about teaching others some topics about certain topic, bring your own notes and bring textbooks so that you can teach.

And post the subject that you can really help out (here on this thread)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Ohh Namu (or anyone) can help me with Binomial Theorem! I don't get that stuff. And seriously, LEADING EDGE HAS A 4UNIT TEXTBOOK?! That is just unheard of :p

Here's the textbooks I'll bring:
  • Terry Lee 4 Unit
  • Coroneous 4U and 3U Simplified
  • Maths in Focus (for the binomial theorem)
  • and my Bulmer 2009 edition for any Economists who might want it
And please guys, if you're teaching me or anyone else, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I'M SLOW :D

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Ohhhh shit.. everyone is soo resourceful with their books and stationary ^_^
I dun have anything to give you guys.. ohh i know! i'll bring some spare paper and a rubber :D
btw namu and andrew can you guys teach me some korean :p?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Uhh, everyone's so packed O.O
I'm just gonna bring my pencilcase and my Fitzy/Cambridge 3u/4u.. And my iPod with a bunch of past papers =D
Oh and a huge notebook for the work..

Edit: LOL @ adidasboy
You'll have to ask namu, I'm shocking <.<

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
I really wonder if I'm going to learn at this study group - I don't think I can though because we're going to be talking too much.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
I really wonder if I'm going to learn at this study group - I don't think I can though because we're going to be talking too much.
I won't be. I'll probably be quietly studying at my own pace :D

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
adidasboy said:
I won't be. I'll probably be quietly studying at my own pace :D
I think I'll be too lazy - you've seen me trying to "study" at the library on saturdays :rolleyes:

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
I think I'll be too lazy - you've seen me trying to "study" at the library on saturdays :rolleyes:
I guess + namu will be a major distraction for you and nathan ;)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
adidasboy said:
I guess + namu will be a major distraction for you and nathan ;)
just 'cause he looks like Jay Chou and because that's the closest I'll ever to meeting Jay doesn't mean he'll distract me :p

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
just 'cause he looks like Jay Chou and because that's the closest I'll ever to meeting Jay doesn't mean he'll distract me :p
hah but i bags sitting next to namu!

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Fangirls :lol:

Edit:
adidasboy said:
hah but i bags sitting next to namu!
Fanboys :lol:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I am just really afraid that we might get shut down, boys/girls.

We will have to cut some irrelevant posts. :p

But anyway, I will teach you guys Korean. I am a very good Korean speaker but I swear to god that I cannot teach you how to swear. I don't want to be a bad influence. About the treats, I might give you some awesome treats if you act nicely and teach me some stuff. ;)

BTW guys, this study period is not all about studying. Yes, it will involve talking, procrastination to some extent (inevitably) but the core focus of this meeting is to MOTIVATE each other. Many scientific researches show that people learn better with others.

BTW, don't bring textbooks that others bring. You don't want to physically burden yourself. If you have books that others don't, you are welcome to bring. Same thing can be said of notes and etc. And I can confidently say this to you guys: this thing is a team effort. we all have to put effort in.

And another point to make is that: no one up there will be a good tutor. I might be a good student with maths but i am not necessaily a good tutor. So if you think you can help others even though you are not very good, be involved. Sometimes, you will make a better tutor than anyone.

Let's hope for the best!

Last edited:

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
No, AFTER ME! *pushes victor away* :jedi: HIYAAA take that!
*takes off his shirt, flexes, takes a photo and asks namu to sign*

hahaha

EDIT- ontopic= sooo uhhh yeah.. namu i heard you started working out/exercising a lot more! i can help you build a workout plan or something like that. I might bring mine along to show you what exercises i do during the week.

I need help with ext hist too, so Anna please help :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)