• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Study Group (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
I am just really afraid that we might get shut down, boys/girls.

We will have to cut some irrelevant posts. :p

But anyway, I will teach you guys Korean. I am a very good Korean speaker but I swear to god that I cannot teach you how to swear. I don't want to be a bad influence. About the treats, I might give you some awesome treats if you act nicely and teach me some stuff. ;)

BTW guys, this study period is not all about studying. Yes, it will involve talking, procrastination to some extent (inevitably) but the core focus of this meeting is to MOTIVATE each other. Many scientific researches show that people learn better with others.

BTW, don't bring textbooks that others bring. You don't want to physically burden yourself. If you have books that others don't, you are welcome to bring. Same thing can be said of notes and etc. And I can confidently say this to you guys: this thing is a team effort. we all have to put effort in.

Let's hope for the best!
Ah, so motivated Namu! I think you'll be our source of motivation on that day. Wooh!

On a more serious note, however, how long are you guys planning to study for? I know some people study in 45mins blocks, while others can go flat out non-stop for hours.

adidasboy said:
*takes off his shirt, flexes, takes a photo and asks namu to sign*

hahaha
LMAOOO!! That's gold xD

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
Ah, so motivated Namu! I think you'll be our source of motivation on that day. Wooh! On a more serious note, however, how long are you guys planning to study for? I know some people study in 45mins blocks, while others can go flat out non-stop.
Oh this is going to be a study group after all. We can study do questions and talk for few minutes and get back, hahaha.

And we might be off to lunch some time...that's all I know. :eek:

Another points: We don't just learn topics, we also give advices out on how to study! If you have some, share them! (and that's why i am telling you to bring fresh brain that has all the juicy information)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
Oh this is going to be a study group after all. We can study do questions and talk for few minutes and get back, hahaha.

And we might be off to lunch some time...that's all I know. :eek:

Another points: We don't just learn topics, we also give advices out on how to study! If you have some, share them! (and that's why i am telling you to bring fresh brain that has all the juicy information)
Talk for a few minutes? Knowing us, we'll probably talk for a few hours :p

Oh yeahh LUNCH! What should we have?

But but .. I have no methods of studying, I just jam it in :(

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:

She speaks the truth

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:

Don't worry. None's study method is perfect but there are some really good tips that we might be able to share around.

And I wonder how we can be talking for hours. :p

And don't worry, I am sure we will get much more work than we expect to get done. ;)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Should we write out a plan on who can help with what?

I'll get it started, just add your name and subject to it:

Doctor Jolly (Yvonne): English, Economics, and maybe 2u maths (better off asking Namu, Nathan or any other accelerants though)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:

Doctor Jolly (Yvonne): English, Economics, and maybe 2u maths (better off asking Namu though)
Hah, let's not.. I have nothing to offer :eek:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
youngminii said:
Hah, let's not.. I have nothing to offer :eek:
Your brain shall be enough :read:

jks, I'm sure you can help with at least something! I'm not that good at English, but I'm sure I can help someone in some way!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
No one needs to do anything. If they just want to listen, they can. I mean, if you actually help people learn and explain concepts to them, they are not the only ones who benefit. YOU benefit in a way that you reinforce the concepts by explaining them.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Oh yes, Tew Chao. It sounds very similar to Cantonese. I know some mando after 5 years of Chinese school and Jay Chou songs :D

But my canto is sucky.
Gaginang ;D

xMrRand0m

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:

Doctor Jolly (Yvonne): English, Economics, and maybe 2u maths (better off asking Namu, Nathan or any other accelerants though)
In terms of resources. I don't have much, just the huge text books that the school gives. Anyway, here are my two cents. I'll try my best to aid anyone that needs it.

xMrRand0m (Jeff): 2u maths, Legal studies and maybe Economics. But Yvonne would probably be better at that subject than I am >.<

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey, Jeffery. Have you got hit with some messages about the date?

Thanks, mate.

xMrRand0m

HSC
Hello Namu =D
I checked my email inbox at about 11 last night to find 8 emails all regarding the study group. But about to specific date as to when it is on, I don't really know. Perhaps you could enlighten me on that issue? =)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
xMrRand0m said:
Hello Namu =D
I checked my email inbox at about 11 last night to find 8 emails all regarding the study group. But about to specific date as to when it is on, I don't really know. Perhaps you could enlighten me on that issue? =)
I am not too sure. Okay, I will ask the organiser then post up the time of meeting on this thread then.

To everyone: This thread will be like a notice board as it will prove difficult to chase everyone up for email really. If you have any doubt, contact THE organiser.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
lyounamu said:
I am not too sure. Okay, I will ask the organiser then post up the time of meeting on this thread then.

To everyone: This thread will be like a notice board as it will prove difficult to chase everyone up for email really. If you have any doubt, contact THE organiser.
WOW Nathan has an official title now, can i have one too? :haha:

Oh and should we bring lots of resources like books etc? I have plenty on maths extension 2, also some physics, chem, modern (WWI), extension history and extension 1.

And about the date, i reckon a process of elimination to determine a day when everyone can go?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
annabackwards said:
WOW Nathan has an official title now, can i have one too? :haha:

Oh and should we bring lots of resources like books etc? I have plenty on maths extension 2, also some physics, chem, modern (WWI), extension history and extension 1.

And about the date, i reckon a process of elimination to determine a day when everyone can go?
As I said, don't bring too much.

And yes, I was thinking that method to determine the date. I assumed that you got all asked about the preferred date?

xMrRand0m

HSC
I just thought of something I could maybe bring. I went to a lecture at UNSW a couple of months ago about exam techniques and study skills. They gave us a whole booklet of tips and information. I could bring it on the day and you guys could maybe take something from it. =)
If you guys could bring any other motivational material, I reckon it would be of great assistance to us all.

As for the date, I'm suggesting we start during the week between 4/1/09 and 11/1/09. Being the 4th, mainly because people might be busy with parties, etc. during the first few days of the year, and the earlier the better right?

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
xMrRand0m said:
I just thought of something I could maybe bring. I went to a lecture at UNSW a couple of months ago about exam techniques and study skills. They gave us a whole booklet of tips and information. I could bring it on the day and you guys could maybe take something from it. =)
If you guys could bring any other motivational material, I reckon it would be of great assistance to us all.

As for the date, I'm suggesting we start during the week between 4/1/09 and 11/1/09. Being the 4th, mainly because people might be busy with parties, etc. during the first few days of the year, and the earlier the better right?
We might as well meet around this or next week and try out again during the time you suggested. Delaying the date will further alienate the focus and makes it harder for Nathan to organise.

I think the reason why so many groups failed to meet together is because they couldn't start the first meeting. After the first meeting, the subsequent meeting will be easy to organise as people will be more aware what they are expected.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
xMrRand0m said:

That's great, i bet that booklet would be a great help :D

And that's a good idea about the date, how about the 7/8th then as it's a Wednesday or Thursday so we can probably stay at the library later? Opening hours, University of Sydney Library.

Edit: Damn my delayed replies!!!

@ Namu, how about we meet somewhere tomorrow because i'm not here on Wednesday until Sunday... sorry for the trouble

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)