• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Studying For School Certificate (1 Viewer)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Kujah said:
I've always been under the belief that the internal mark for the SC does not affect your external mark. You get what you get.
Same. :uhhuh:

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
Kujah said:
I've always been under the belief that the internal mark for the SC does not affect your external mark. You get what you get.
Yeah, we've been told on the report you get at the end, it shows you two results for each subject: your in school mark and the external exam mark.

HSC
D347H574R said:
Yeah, we've been told on the report you get at the end, it shows you two results for each subject: your in school mark and the external exam mark.
It shows externals, that's it. It's easy to get band 5/6 without study. The internals are just your school report and don't affect bands.

sannous1

HSC
I did really poorly in my trials for SC..So im studying for the SC unforntunly just for geo and history mostly....Everyone says the SC is easy, dats all becuase u guys r naturally smart lol..im not :(...

Anyone have good advice how to study i only have 10 days :O

Nighti nNIght

Aplus

HSC
N/A
jellybelly59 said:
i'm studying.... cause i got parent's that won't get off my back... jesus if i got a band 5 i think they would faint.... lol
Take my parents for example. I got 86% in maths, and I got a 20-30 minute lecture on why I am failing my education and how I should be aiming to get 95% or above. Then they start making comments like, if you don't get high 90's and band 6 in every test, we'll kill you (obviously not literally). I told them the School Certificate doesn't really matter and then they start going on about how every test matters and how when they were back in their country everyone studied hard for exams and everyone wanted to do well. I told them that the School Certificate was easy, and now they won't stop shouting, if it's easy why did you only get 86% for maths. Can't get 100%? Not easy enough for you? People like you will never amount to anything. You're lazy, why don't you go study like other people who are working very hard. etc.

Skizzors

HSC
My family is the exact opposite, they keep telling me that I study too much. If I study for 20 minutes they come and tell me to have a break. Gah, very very annoying after a while. Anyway, I am just studying for History and Science. Or at least trying to.

LynFay

HSC
I'm in year 10, and i'm gunna study. :read: Yeah, everyone says you don't need to worry and stuff (even my parents) but i can't help it! I'll do it cause it'll make me feel like i really did my absolute best, not just some half-assed botched job. - And just in case i get so sick of school in the coming years that i feel like if i don't leave i'll die. :p

LynFay

HSC
Aplus said:
Take my parents for example. I got 86% in maths, and I got a 20-30 minute lecture on why I am failing my education and how I should be aiming to get 95% or above. Then they start making comments like, if you don't get high 90's and band 6 in every test, we'll kill you (obviously not literally). I told them the School Certificate doesn't really matter and then they start going on about how every test matters and how when they were back in their country everyone studied hard for exams and everyone wanted to do well. I told them that the School Certificate was easy, and now they won't stop shouting, if it's easy why did you only get 86% for maths. Can't get 100%? Not easy enough for you? People like you will never amount to anything. You're lazy, why don't you go study like other people who are working very hard. etc.
Can i take a guess your parents (or one of them) is asian? Cause they sound just like mine. I got 100% in a maths test (only once though) and i was full pround of myself and that, so i go home and show my rents and then i show my grandmother (chinese) and she's like, "Good. Good- Hey, do better next time." :angry: I was like, "Wat the hell?!"
No offence ment about the asian thing.

ItsColinoOo0o

HSC
LynFay said:
Can i take a guess your parents (or one of them) is asian? Cause they sound just like mine. I got 100% in a maths test (only once though) and i was full pround of myself and that, so i go home and show my rents and then i show my grandmother (chinese) and she's like, "Good. Good- Hey, do better next time." :angry: I was like, "Wat the hell?!"

hahahaha
do better next timem

oh
my
god

Asian parents

farrrr

Naminé

HSC
Yeah, I've taken all the practice tests repeatedly...

...which was amusing, because one of my Math assessment tasks was one of the tests I'd taken multiple times :p

Studying calms me down because I feel like I'm going to do okay. I try not to entertain the possibility I won't x_x

cHoke-meh

HSC
ItsColinoOo0o said:
Asian parents

farrrr
Meh, i'm Asian as well - but my parents are very much relaxed compared to others. All they want is for me to be happy and shape my future as i want it :) If that means getting good marks and then going into a profession that i want, that's all the same to them.

ItsColinoOo0o

HSC
cHoke-meh said:
Meh, i'm Asian as well - but my parents are very much relaxed compared to others. All they want is for me to be happy and shape my future as i want it :) If that means getting good marks and then going into a profession that i want, that's all the same to them.
Thats gonan be me when i grow up

after all the oppression and stress ive being put under

i swear at 18 if i am pushed over the limit i might just move out with other fellow people who have being trreated like shit.

Everyday they come home asking

"How is your studies"

FUCK

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL. Yeah, go and do better next time.

The SC doesn't worry me, but I will study because for things like history, I don't remember a thing =/
I could probably get band 5/6 in everything without doing anything, but most of our school gets band 6's - if you get a 5, you are =/

Plus, one's ego must be boosted with these marks, even if they are redundant. :D

aimhigh10

HSC
im going to study a bit
but only because i dont want to be completely nervous on the day and do badly because im nervous

my school exams are the day after sc exams finish so i have to study for them anywayyyy

sugasweethOney

HSC
omg! finally sumone whoose takin all 3! lol
whn i actually tell ppl...theyre jus like wth is wrong wid u......
sigh*

lol

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
If you are going to drop out and you get like band 3's in the SC, does that mean you will need to repeat?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
nerdsforever said:
If you are going to drop out and you get like band 3's in the SC, does that mean you will need to repeat?
No, why would it? Unless you would like to repeat in the hope of getting better marks, but i don't know why you would bother, its only SC.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
nerdsforever said:
Save it for HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)