Studying For Trials (1 Viewer)

Eightyseven87

HSC
So when do people have their trials and how long before will you start studying?

Just want to get an idea of how to organise my time before the upcoming trials.

My trials are in 6 weeks. Is that sufficient time to study for 6 subjects?

pacman911

HSC
I prefer to start studying 2 months prior any set of exams, I spend one month writing up notes and going over them, then I spend the remaining month going doing past papers etc. The only reason I do this is so that everything is spaced out, and there's no shortage on time. 6 weeks seems substantial though. :)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
im still stacked with assessment from now until the holidays.. if i start in the holidays (sigh) and study until the trials.. i'll have 6 weeks

which i plan to do

Nadiaa

HSC
Lol iv got assesments too. But even then, i cant study :S like.. im so over it.
I sit there and try but instead of go on the internet and waste time and then i lie in bed curse myself for wasting a day.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
my trials are week 3 next term. before I start making notes and studying for them, I should probably finish making notes and studying for these exams. which are, uh, this week >__>

oh wells, I'll study ahead in the holidays [I've been saying this every holidays since yr11 ended, it never really worked though == ]

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Mine are week 5 next term, I should start studying around next week.

6 weeks will be plenty if you use your time properly, i.e. study hard, and don't procrastinate.

1titanic

HSC
My trials are on weeks 1 and 2 but I haven't studied yet because assessments are on the way this term

bouncing

HSC
my trials are week 3 next term. before I start making notes and studying for them, I should probably finish making notes and studying for these exams. which are, uh, this week >__>

oh wells, I'll study ahead in the holidays [I've been saying this every holidays since yr11 ended, it never really worked though == ]
haha, this sounds like me :L

its okay tho :p these holidays will be the ones where we actually mean it

speedofsound

HSC
im still stacked with assessment from now until the holidays.. if i start in the holidays (sigh) and study until the trials.. i'll have 6 weeks

which i plan to do
yeah me too. i've got major works and other things to worry about as well now, and during the holidays, but in my spare time in the holidays i'll probably do notes and start revising and really begin to get down to work when school goes back. my trials are in week 3. i find if i start studying a ridiculous amount of time early (i.e. now) i just forget what i've gone over by the time exams come around.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
when i cram i study harder and better :karate:

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
yeah me too. I've got major works and other things to worry about as well now, and during the holidays, but in my spare time in the holidays i'll probably do notes and start revising and really begin to get down to work when school goes back. My trials are in week 3. I find if i start studying a ridiculous amount of time early (i.e. Now) i just forget what i've gone over by the time exams come around.
+1

nagina1

HSC
i have 1 week till my trialzz...and had family problems, so cudnt really study much...just wanna knoe any tip on how to manage your time wen i didnt study nd i dont know much of the contexts :(

kcqn93

HSC
My trials are week 1 and 2 of next term, I have assessments til holidays and I gotta do my history extension major which is due when the trials start... :spzz:

JTwin

HSC
when i cram i study harder and better :karate:
agreed. i used to study the night before each exam until yr 11- including writing the notes for them then.
then in yr 11 i decided to write the notes the week before, and study them the night before the exam. works well for me- i can't remember if its spread out.
i think our trials are in wk 3, 4 of 5, so i have plenty of time =]

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
Trials are week six next term- should 20 past papers for each subject be enough?

brendroid

HSC
I'm thinking that you wouldn't need to do 20 per subject to prepare yourself well. I'd think doing a few and trying to grapple with the style of questions and content of the questions and polishing them off so that you can get high 90's would be good. So maybe three practise, polish, and increase confidence and then two more to ensure it's a consistent thing and not just 'well, you've done the questions to death and yeah'.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
ideally, if my hsc study had been going to ambitious plans.. i would've finished the whole hsc course and would be practicing past papers by now

instead, i've touched my sor book twice, my legal book three times and eco i've not touched this term at all

.. and am set for a whole lot of cramming!

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
arghh mine are week 3 next term

only 7 weeks left =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)