suicide.. (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Jachie said:
"i feel overwhelmed by friends/work/school/uni and cbf dealing with it" doesn't really count as an exceptional circumstance though hey.
I use the personal pronoun "I" in making my arguement, but that doesn't mean I'm necessarily talking about my own problems or situation.

You said it, exceptional circumstances. The victims of extreme violence and abuse, the destitute and the barren. I don't think we should judge them.

Even in less extreme circumstances, I don't presume to know or judge the depth of others personal suffering. A man may be born into pain for no reason at all, he is the one who has to live with it, and I won't judge him if it's too much and he must end it.

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
People who truely believe their lives are a miserable black hole of depression and want to go and kill themselves have to realise that they need professional help. But before this they need to be willing to help themselves. And most people who are serious about beating these thoughts will do this.

If they're just threatening for attention chances are they'll avoid helping themselves at all costs because they're not going to do anything anyway.

You have to be willing to make the change, have a teaspoon of cement and harden up and realise that things aren't that bad...no matter how bad you think they might be.

Life wasn't meant to be easy.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
J.a.d.e :-) said:
If they're just threatening for attention chances are they'll avoid helping themselves at all costs because they're not going to do anything anyway.
Wouldn't the people who are seriously contemplating commiting actually be less likely to seek help, seeing as that would only get you attention and would make it much harder to get away with it?
Rhetorical question

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Graney said:
Wouldn't the people who are seriously contemplating commiting actually be less likely to seek help, seeing as that would only get you attention and would make it much harder to get away with it?
Rhetorical question
That's my point. They have to be willing to help themselves.

Evilo

HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
i've never thought about it. :)
Jachie said:
. i can honestly say i've never, ever, EVER considered it.
I've thought about it multiple times, just to compensate for you two.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Suicide has alot of double standards surrounding it:

by far the funniest ones are the ones that basically say:

'commit suicide, i dont really care, as long as im not blamed'

or

people who have attempted and not gone through with it, yet, feel the need to insinuate other people who 'fail' at it are 'pathetic' like they can judge (probably an example of fundamental attribution bias)

SimonLee13

HSC
Jachie said:
lol so then you're a martyr, congrats man

"i feel overwhelmed by friends/work/school/uni and cbf dealing with it" doesn't really count as an exceptional circumstance though hey.

everyone has the right to end their own life. that doesn't mean i respect such a decision.
People don't have a right to end their life... euthanasia is illegal in many areas of the world?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
chelsea girl said:
that kind of view disgusts me, and i think it shows a huge lack of empathy and insight into a variety of mindframes.
people don't feel suicidal as a weapon - can you see that? can you see the (albeit incorrect) "logic" behind why someone would conclude that suicide is the best option?
it's very sad. people who are that depressed need HELP, not to be derided and made to feel worse.

It's hard to make 'normal' people agree with that view though zoe. Even though I believe you are 100% correct (but then again im probably also wrong coz im also lolemo)

I do think it's fundamentally selfish if you do have people which care about you (ie, your parents) but with people who are suicidal it is probably very hard to convince them people actually do care about them, despite their actions even.

I mean, imagine what a mother would have to go through knowing her child killed themselves, that would be SO horrible. Just watch the reaction of the mother at the end of 'alpha dog' that scene made me ball my eyes out.

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
SimonLee13 said:
People don't have a right to end their life... euthanasia is illegal in many areas of the world?
I know, and this is an appalling denial of a natural right.

Just.Snaz

HSC
Well I've thought about what would happen IF I died?

Kinda scared of death though. And I would never ever leave my mum.

I've experienced extremely low, low, loowwww times but the thought of 'suicide' was pretty much being dead to the world, not trying and not 'living'; just.. existing. That would be in itself suicide for me.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Just.Snaz said:
Well I've thought about what would happen IF I died?

Kinda scared of death though. And I would never ever leave my mum.

I've experienced extremely low, low, loowwww times but the thought of 'suicide' was pretty much being dead to the world, not trying and not 'living'; just.. existing. That would be in itself suicide for me.
yeah i can def relate to that.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
SimonLee13 said:
is the topic about euthanasia? no. that's a whole other discussion in itself. stop being so unnecessarily pedantic ffs.

maccasjunkie

HSC
Jachie said:
suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness and weakness. i can honestly say i've never, ever, EVER considered it.
That was not only selfish and insensitive to the people who are considering it or have died but think about it
in the Vietnam war people commited suicide to avoide a worse off situation

There are many reasons as to why people do. It isnt just a straightfoward answer
It is psychological but sometimes it also theonly choice... Some suicides are also accidental...

USE UR "BRAIN" and dont be inconsiderate

Russdog

russell
HSC
Jachie said:
nope. can't see any logic in it, i never have and i strongly doubt i ever will.

i have empathy for people in shitty situations, and i have the upmost respect for those who fight and overcome them. why should i have either for someone who wishes to give up on life, their loved ones and themselves? you're right in that people considering suicide do need help, but to kid ourselves into thinking that the act itself is anything other than weak and selfish isn't doing anyone any favours.
you're a fucking tool.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
maccasjunkie said:
That was not only selfish and insensitive to the people who are considering it or have died but think about it
in the Vietnam war people commited suicide to avoide a worse off situation

There are many reasons as to why people do. It isnt just a straightfoward answer
It is psychological but sometimes it also theonly choice... Some suicides are also accidental...

USE UR "BRAIN" and dont be inconsiderate
ahahahahahaha

i love how people keep on trying to pick really obscure examples when trying to attest my opinion. we're talking about teenage suicide here, stop being so fucking irrelevant and get a point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)