The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
Yeah i know, we have millions of coles badges with save everday in our draw at work and we cant even wear them, but they dont want us to throw them out...stupid coles.
But yeah, our coles used to be next to kmart until we moved location, got really annoying shopping there after work because customers mistook me for a kmart worker...was even worse when i turned around and told them i work at coles and they just stare at u blankly.
I still wear mine that says 'save everyday' under it. They won't give me a name badge that says 'Jess' rather then 'Jessica', so I just don't wear the new one... I have asked though and my CSM said she would pass along my request so hopefully in the next lot there will be a Jess one :)

zobothebobo

HSC
i can't wait to get a new name badge, the one i have now accidentally went through the wash a few times and it somehow got holes randomly stabbed in it. it looks a bit like a dog attacked it. my CSM actually thought that i stabbed it with a pen to "decorate it."

I still wear mine that says 'save everyday' under it. They won't give me a name badge that says 'Jess' rather then 'Jessica', so I just don't wear the new one... I have asked though and my CSM said she would pass along my request so hopefully in the next lot there will be a Jess one :)
there are girls at my store named jessica who have jess name badges. there is also one who still has a save everyday badge, but she works like in the office and other stuff out the back so i don't think they particularly care.

HSC
i can't wait to get a new name badge, the one i have now accidentally went through the wash a few times and it somehow got holes randomly stabbed in it. it looks a bit like a dog attacked it. my CSM actually thought that i stabbed it with a pen to "decorate it."

there are girls at my store named jessica who have jess name badges. there is also one who still has a save everyday badge, but she works like in the office and other stuff out the back so i don't think they particularly care.
I've been told (by Woolies Regional Management) that my Jess name badge is unprofessional, so I have three Jess's and one Jessica (for when they visit ;))

greekgun

HSC
I've been told (by Woolies Regional Management) that my Jess name badge is unprofessional, so I have three Jess's and one Jessica (for when they visit ;))
wtf...Jess is unprofessional? but thats your name...so stupid.

But have you guys heard of the BasicCard? Its for people on centerling - part of there allowance money is on this card, and the card cant be used for smokes, alcohol, recharge cards, itunes recharge, or cash out. But apparently, it doesnt stop the sale if any of the items which arent allowed are bought, so its up to the operator to make sure that these items arent bough on this card.
Sounds like a pain, i can foresee alot of angry bogans.

HSC

But have you guys heard of the BasicCard? Its for people on centerling - part of there allowance money is on this card, and the card cant be used for smokes, alcohol, recharge cards, itunes recharge, or cash out. But apparently, it doesnt stop the sale if any of the items which arent allowed are bought, so its up to the operator to make sure that these items arent bough on this card.
I know :( Considering I wore a Chelsea badge for the better part of a year, at least I've got my actual name.

We get a lot of those Basic Cards through, most people are not too bad with them. My store also excludes pet food, and tbh this is where most of the issues arise.

greekgun

HSC
I know :( Considering I wore a Chelsea badge for the better part of a year, at least I've got my actual name.

We get a lot of those Basic Cards through, most people are not too bad with them. My store also excludes pet food, and tbh this is where most of the issues arise.
Ah, VIC hasnt got them yet...i really dont want another card/thing to explain to customers.

jirwin

HSC
Woah that is weird. My CSM has her name shortened on it. Actually a lot have the 'shorter' version. The reason I'm having so much trouble getting a Jess name badge is because the SSM apparently orders them from our names on the payroll, which of course for me is Jessica. I had no issue getting my current Jess one because name badges were ordered differently (we just wrote a list of those that needed them on a piece of paper) but now that we all basically needed new ones and stuff then it was just ordered all at once. Hopefully my CSM has passed on my request though. I haven't been told off about my 'save everyday' one and another girl still wears her old one too.

Did someone mention new name badges again? Are these different from just the COLES ones?

HSC
Woah that is weird. My CSM has her name shortened on it. Actually a lot have the 'shorter' version. The reason I'm having so much trouble getting a Jess name badge is because the SSM apparently orders them from our names on the payroll, which of course for me is Jessica. I had no issue getting my current Jess one because name badges were ordered differently (we just wrote a list of those that needed them on a piece of paper) but now that we all basically needed new ones and stuff then it was just ordered all at once. Hopefully my CSM has passed on my request though. I haven't been told off about my 'save everyday' one and another girl still wears her old one too.

Did someone mention new name badges again? Are these different from just the COLES ones?
All of my 'Jess' ones have been made in store with a labelling machine, hehe. My Jessica one, like yours, was done from a payroll list. Its just that I never ever wore it.
Some days I wear it when I'm feeling responsible, lol.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
On the topic of name badges, here is my story.
My first official shift, where I got toured and a short couple hours on register, I got my proper "Mathew" name badge, I put this in my locker I was given, along with my payroll/sign on number/register login, etc.

Got to work the next day and none of my stuff was in there, there was a note saying "Mathew, this locker is taken". So this asshole had thrown ALL my shit out. So anyway, I was using a "Matthew" that was spare in the cash office.
I was telling that exact story to somebody who works in cash office one day as we were doing self serve change orders. She told the head office cashier and she ordered me a "Mathew"
(i didn't even ask for them to order me another 'mathew')

Head office cashier told me last week, she kept ordered "MATHEW" but they kept sending a double T'd badge, so she was forced to keep ordering a one t'd badge until they finally got it right.
Lol they went through so much fuss to get me a name badge I didn't even ask for :p LOL

jirwin

HSC
That's pretty irresponsible of the person to just throw away your stuff. Should of handed it into the office for you to collect.

babikakez said:
All of my 'Jess' ones have been made in store with a labelling machine, hehe. My Jessica one, like yours, was done from a payroll list. Its just that I never ever wore it.
Some days I wear it when I'm feeling responsible, lol.
Maybe the fact that its made with a label is why they say it's unprofessional.

bdude

HSC
I think there are new name badges for all the renewal stores/ brown uniform stores. Some of like the ShopTalk pictures have them. They're a lot smaller than our current huge ones.

bdude

HSC

I just read up on it on the Centrelink website (I thought you were talking about the Coles gift cards that say no alcohol/tobacco on them) - doesn't seem that bad. I'm not scared by bogans. Want smokes? Get a job and pay for them with that.

Babikakez, I don't think your shop should be banning pet food - it's not mentioned as prohibited in the Terms and Conditions.

greekgun

HSC
I just read up on it on the Centrelink website (I thought you were talking about the Coles gift cards that say no alcohol/tobacco on them) - doesn't seem that bad. I'm not scared by bogans. Want smokes? Get a job and pay for them with that.

Babikakez, I don't think your shop should be banning pet food - it's not mentioned as prohibited in the Terms and Conditions.
Haha u say that now, but wait until there trying to stab u.
U should come down and work at my coles one day and then say u arent afraid of bogans.

richyboy007

HSC
I think there are new name badges for all the renewal stores/ brown uniform stores. Some of like the ShopTalk pictures have them. They're a lot smaller than our current huge ones.
Everyone will be getting the new name badges by the 19th. They will be delivered to stores this week and the OIC/SSM will be typing up all the names to be used in the badges. They will be transferrable, you just slide the name in/out.

zobothebobo

HSC
oh thank god we are definitely getting the new name badges. mine is so horrible. doubt mine will have the proper e on it though.
i'm glad that i don't have to deal with bogans. all i have to deal with are annoying tourists from melbourne.
i am still failing to see how jess is unprofessional. smart to have an extra for when all the big bosses come though.
i think i lost my locker key for the second time. it's so small and easy to lose. bit afraid to ask for another one. the office lady already hates me.

HSC
Maybe the fact that its made with a label is why they say it's unprofessional.
Thats how most of our badges are made. The Woolies inserts are sent out to the stores/HR officers, and then the labellers are used to put actual names on.

The properly made ones are rare (at least in my store).

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Thats how most of our badges are made. The Woolies inserts are sent out to the stores/HR officers, and then the labellers are used to put actual names on.

The properly made ones are rare (at least in my store).
I have a proper made up one. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)