The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
CieL said:
I sometimes have a bad temper, short fuse.. but I reckon customer service is doing me good by teaching me to keep it in, even when the customer is obviously retarded and frustrating. Just laugh it off.=]
I agree with this, customer service has made me so much more tolerant and diplomatic.

greekgun

HSC
Hey guys, im working a shift tommorow which is from 9:00-2:30 (five hours and thirty mins) im just wondering if i get a 30 mins break. I know i get a 15 min break but ive got no idea about the 30 min one.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
greekgun said:
Hey guys, im working a shift tommorow which is from 9:00-2:30 (five hours and thirty mins) im just wondering if i get a 30 mins break. I know i get a 15 min break but ive got no idea about the 30 min one.
I think you get either 2 , 15 minutes breaks or one 30 minute break.

I think thats how it worked thel ast time i did a shift like that

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Should I have a break at Coles for a 4hour shift?

greekgun

HSC
Had my shift today and i got a 15 min break (called a tea break) and a 30 min break (called a meal break). If u work more than 4 hrs and 30 mins u get a 15 min break, if u work more then 5 hrs u get a meal break.

CieL

HSC
greekgun said:
A-hah.. I hate it when they do that..
I don't get why they put down people to do 5.5hrs.. you get paid the same as doing a 5hr shift.. plus you spend more to go eat on your break!

And umm.. when you get a meal break, you can actually choose whether you want it to be 30mins or 60mins.. Usually if you do a 7.5-9hr shift, they roster you on a 1hr break.. Oh, and after 7.5hrs or so, you get 2x15mins [instead of one] and a 30-60min meal break.

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
A-hah.. I hate it when they do that..
I don't get why they put down people to do 5.5hrs.. you get paid the same as doing a 5hr shift.. plus you spend more to go eat on your break!

And umm.. when you get a meal break, you can actually choose whether you want it to be 30mins or 60mins.. Usually if you do a 7.5-9hr shift, they roster you on a 1hr break.. Oh, and after 7.5hrs or so, you get 2x15mins [instead of one] and a 30-60min meal break.
Really? i didnt know that. dam those shift manager who purposely give shift times which are just under the minimum time required for a break so u dont get a break *shakes fist*

fatman55

HSC
Coles Checkouts!!

Hey,

Could someone please give me a few pointers on using the Coles checkouts.
I start tomorrow, and i have not received any proper training yet!!

Any help much appreciated!

jazzbaby

HSC
Re: Coles Checkouts!!

arent you supposed to have an induction where they teach you all that?

fatman55

HSC

I'm still a bit puzzled on how to enter fresh produce items, i.e. items without a barcode into the system.

Also, do u swipe the flybuys in the eftpos thing or do you scan it with the barcode scanner?

greekgun

HSC

jazzbaby said:
arent you supposed to have an induction where they teach you all that?
Yeah ur supposed to do an induction which teaches u all the shit u need to know, but sometimes people start working at doing shifts first and then doing an induction.

Anywho, here are my tips:
-When u scan an item, dont turn the item around and look for the barcode- just place it over the scanner and move it around til it scans.

-Keep an eye on how many notes u have, if u get to many do a clearance, if u dont know how to do it call the supevisor who should come and help u. And also keep an eye on how much change u have, if ur running low order some change, if u dont know how to do tat call the supervisor

And thats pretty much all u can do at this stage.

With the fresh produce stuff, do you know the sticker on the fruit or veggies...just type the number on it and put it on the scanner and it works it out for u. If theres no sticker press the fresh produce button, type in the first few letter of the item (like if it was an apple type in app) and click on the picture which is ur item.

With the fly bys u can either scan the barcode or swipe in in the eftpos, i prefer scanning the barcode because its easier.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

greekgun said:
Yeah ur supposed to do an induction which teaches u all the shit u need to know, but sometimes people start working at doing shifts first and then doing an induction.

Anywho, here are my tips:
-When u scan an item, dont turn the item around and look for the barcode- just place it over the scanner and move it around til it scans.

-Keep an eye on how many notes u have, if u get to many do a clearance, if u dont know how to do it call the supevisor who should come and help u. And also keep an eye on how much change u have, if ur running low order some change, if u dont know how to do tat call the supervisor

And thats pretty much all u can do at this stage.

With the fresh produce stuff, do you know the sticker on the fruit or veggies...just type the number on it and put it on the scanner and it works it out for u. If theres no sticker press the fresh produce button, type in the first few letter of the item (like if it was an apple type in app) and click on the picture which is ur item.

With the fly bys u can either scan the barcode or swipe in in the eftpos, i prefer scanning the barcode because its easier.
+1

good tips there.
never been on checkouts nor have I been checkout trained. closest thing i've done to it is use the self-serve checkouts. haha

greekgun

HSC

shinji said:
+1

good tips there.
never been on checkouts nor have I been checkout trained. closest thing i've done to it is use the self-serve checkouts. haha
U in grocery then?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Can someone tell me if my store is too tough and strict. I fucken hate the Store Manager
1. All roll-cages need to be done BY 40mins after started (This is the Dairy Case)
2. 1 trolley of milk done in 5minutes (includes there and back time to the dairy cool-room
3. All Dairy facing done in 30mins, including Freezer (even takes the Dairy Manager 2hours)
4. If you dont fold boxes after filling loading off the role-cage onto the shelf (ie-just leave unfolded and chuck into the compacter cause its only small) you get a ultimatum

Im just really starting to get pissed with all the arguments that are created. Im actually the fastest and best casual and still get told to "hurry the fuck up". A least 50mins-1hour for a Dairy rollcage it takes me, cause there is so many damn yogurts, butters.... I am really starting to push myself and do a rolecage in 40mins, but its just impossible! Then when you get caught having a "20second drink of water", the Store Manager tells your manager that you are seen "Bludging", and hence getting back to the roster off 1shift a month instead of 1 per fortnight.

Fuck Store Managers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)