• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Coles Thread (2 Viewers)

Deadshot_80

HSC
I have been working at Coles for about 5 months and love it. I'm in service and I have one pet hate, and that is when people spend $29.65 and then go running back to pick up and item that will get them the fuel voucher.

(News flash the $2.60 that you just spent out ways the cost of what you would have saved with the voucher)

/rant

Deadshot_80

HSC
Hey guys/girls

How do you think that I should go about asking about a part-time contract?

Should I just ask my service manager? or the store manger?

I am just after more job security and some more hours.

Thanks

Deashot_80

DEL1200

HSC
N/A
Ask your service manager. The worse they could say is no.

bdude

HSC
Anyone know if/when we're getting the ability for people to 'insert' their cards (rather than swiping them), because now that woolies does it people keep trying to insert their cards into our machines

Freakstyler09

HSC
Far man I'm from Sydney, n Coles never seems to have any positions vacant.
Damn I had my application with coles for like a year n they still haven't hired me yet? WTH, they hire little kids n not 16/17 year olds. I know it might do with costs but still......Older more mature applications may still have more experience.

seetok

HSC
Coles Induction did I get the job?

Hi I went to an interview for Coles today and the man said I will get a call about an induction on tues or monday... he said to buy black shoes and pants and to bring my TFN etc... does that mean I got the job

I was googling am i meant to do an online induction and he didnt suggest at all i would...

HSC
Coles Induction did I get the job?

Hi I went to an interview for Coles today and the man said I will get a call about an induction on tues or monday... he said to buy black shoes and pants and to bring my TFN etc... does that mean I got the job

I was googling am i meant to do an online induction and he didnt suggest at all i would...
Induction is basically welcome to the company, so I'm guessing you did get the job. ;)

TheStallion

HSC
Far man I'm from Sydney, n Coles never seems to have any positions vacant.
Damn I had my application with coles for like a year n they still haven't hired me yet? WTH, they hire little kids n not 16/17 year olds. I know it might do with costs but still......Older more mature applications may still have more experience.
Could be your resume, or you selected bad days as preferences to when you'll work.

bdude

HSC
I can't believe they've put the Christmas stuff out already.

I wonder if we're getting a Christmas shirt again this year?

greekgun

HSC
2IC asked me today to bring my passport or birth certificate in to the cash office for photocopying, and this has to be done ASAP and apparently if not done the result is termination (sounds like bullshit). She was asking all employees who have been working at Coles since 2007. Anywho, rumor is Coles needs this data on its employees who have been working at coles since 07 because their being Audited.
Just thought i'd share that with u guys.

DEL1200

HSC
N/A
That sounds about right greekgun as Coles have had issues with people working with the incorrect visa before.

TheStallion

HSC
2IC asked me today to bring my passport or birth certificate in to the cash office for photocopying, and this has to be done ASAP and apparently if not done the result is termination (sounds like bullshit). She was asking all employees who have been working at Coles since 2007. Anywho, rumor is Coles needs this data on its employees who have been working at coles since 07 because their being Audited.
Just thought i'd share that with u guys.
Yeah we needed to bring this in too. Was told about a month ago... should probably bring it in today/tomorrow...

Trentyboi

HSC
I didn't have to bring any in, but we have heaps of international workers, so tonnes of people were told to bring them in. :skip:

bouncingfire

HSC
Just started did my 2nd shift today, have been told about the scan rate and logging off when inactive. They said 10 is a acceptable rate once you get used to the job. Is there anyway to view your scan rate and also how does it work? does it mean like a rate 10 means 10 items a minute?

bdude

HSC
Just started did my 2nd shift today, have been told about the scan rate and logging off when inactive. They said 10 is a acceptable rate once you get used to the job. Is there anyway to view your scan rate and also how does it work? does it mean like a rate 10 means 10 items a minute?
I believe it's in "items per minute" and it's adjusted for when you are taking payment for items etc. That said, I've never once been told what my scan rate is so I guess it's not bad enough for them to worry. I do know that the target is different for each store, based on the store's traffic. A tip for new people is don't focus on trying to scan every item as fast as you can. You're not going to be gunning it on your 2nd shift, I sure didn't. Just focus on accuracy and making sure most items are scanned first time you slide them across and also focus on your customer interaction. Speed will come from being accurate. Also try and remember your F&V PLU's and try not to get annoyed when they change them for no apparent reason.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i got mystery shopped twice in a row, 100% both times ha.

so now i have four movie tickets and i don't even go to the movies?

also, bitches be complaining at my work that they had been with coles for 6yrs and never been mystery shopped.

lucky lucky ;)

bouncingfire

HSC
try and remember your F&V PLU's and try not to get annoyed when they change them for no apparent reason.
Thanks for the fast reply. :) Are the PLU's a standard as in they will be the same at woolies? and also is there a sheet or website which has the most commonly used ones? I would have to study that i probably wouldn't remember them from just glancing at the code when manually selecting the product. I had a shocker on the first day, scanning each item a 100 times etc also i had a total mind blank when somebody when it came to celery, in the end I had ask the customer.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)