The Coles Thread (2 Viewers)

bdude

HSC
I reckon they must have been mostly Mediums. I'm lucky, I'm your average size in most clothes (medium, size 9 shoes, 32" waist) but it would've been funny to see our 2IC in anything smaller than an XL.

gecko123

HSC
They gave me an XL and I'm a relatively small guy too.

Makes me look like a friggen gangsta.

I will probably only wear it to my service shifts, and wear my normal blue shirt to grocery/dairy.

posimistic95

HSC
im so pissed wif the managers at the coles i work in! grrrrrrr.
theyve given the worst, and i say the WORST shifts ever! like who would want to work sat night 7-11 and sun night 8-12 doing fking grocery/dairy?!?!?! i really want to move to registers, but im too scared to ask lol. my boss will bite my head off coz hes a tight ass... and smells like smoke all the bloody time! any advice? should i just ask? and like my question above, do i ask the grocery manager, the store manager (mr. stinky) or the service manager? i dont really know wat to say as well coz ive only worked for about 7 months, like do i say service or registers?

and also, if any of youse have had experience working at both grocery/dairy and registers, which do u prefer? personally, i HATE dairy with a passion coz i freeze my fingers off all the time hehe.

i know this seems like a massive rant, but im sick of coles. i want a new job!

TheStallion

HSC
He smells like smoke... wow, so he smokes. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Dairy, freezing your fingers off - get a nice jacket and a pair of thick gloves. You won't even feel the cold.

Basically, if you don't like where you are, then move to registers like you said. If you don't have the balls to ask to move... then it's your fault and your fault alone.

laniani

HSC
What are the rules with casuals and calling in sick?
Someone once told me that basically we can call in sick with no reason because casuals basically work when they feel like it......this was when I was at another job.
And I've also been told that casuals are meant to almost always be available, and basically cant call in sick.

So now if we call in sick, our coles has decided they're gonna treat us like part time/ full timers, and we have to bring in a medical certificate.
I'm not wasting half my weeks wages just to prove that I'm sick...

So. All the customer who come through my register, have fun getting sick :)

Grissom

HSC
So now if we call in sick, our coles has decided they're gonna treat us like part time/ full timers, and we have to bring in a medical certificate.
I'm not wasting half my weeks wages just to prove that I'm sick...
Print off relevant section of union agreement, hand it to them, and tell them to fuck off.

bdude

HSC
I just found out that you can type Gift Card numbers in manually, I thought it was just for Credit Cards. That's going to come in handy after Christmas when everybody starts using their gift cards and they don't scan properly.

Plus, I found a handy button in the 'Operator' menu: 'Reset Devices', got my EFTPOS pinpad working without having to restart the register

jirwin

HSC
The Deli lost my order for Christmas :( don't think Mum will be too impressed.

bdude

HSC
Does anyone know if overtime is automatically paid if you work without getting your full 10 hour break between shifts?

Not that I really need or want the money, but I just realised I didn't get the break and wanted to know if it will be automatically paid even if I don't say anything about it

DEL1200

HSC
N/A
It should be done by the Secretary / Pay Clerk at your store and if not you not paid correctly you should bring it up with them. They are trained in industrial relations and will want to insure that you are payed the correct amount regardless of what management says.

bdude

HSC
It should be done by the Secretary / Pay Clerk at your store and if not you not paid correctly you should bring it up with them. They are trained in industrial relations and will want to insure that you are payed the correct amount regardless of what management says.
I'm not going to bring it up, it's not that big of a deal (works out an extra $15)

emmik

HSC
Lolz, my Coles gives me at least 6 hours a week during school term and on the holidays I work literally all week and have the weekend off, but they usually come over and are like 'Wanna work Sunday?' I usually say yes because my family annoys me. I guess I only get this much work cos I'm 16 and they don;t have to pay me much, but it helps me save for my school trip to America. Earned like $500 bucks in the last two weeks. My friends get like 1 shift a month at Maccas or KFC. And I get payed more. It's lolworthy.

bdude

HSC
Lolz, my Coles gives me at least 6 hours a week during school term and on the holidays I work literally all week and have the weekend off, but they usually come over and are like 'Wanna work Sunday?' I usually say yes because my family annoys me. I guess I only get this much work cos I'm 16 and they don;t have to pay me much, but it helps me save for my school trip to America. Earned like $500 bucks in the last two weeks. My friends get like 1 shift a month at Maccas or KFC. And I get payed more. It's lolworthy.
I'm the same, I usually get 10-12hrs a school week but school holidays are big bucks time. Especially summer. I have a reputation with the CSM for being the first to call and I always say yes. Because I live about 10 minutes walk away I usually get the "can you come in... like ... right now?"

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
That's just like me lol.

I got 38 hours last week (earned like $560), and i'm 15. They would have had like 10 to 15 hours MAX. I was lucky, i worked on like three public holidays. Woolies has fantastic junior pay rates :)

bdude

HSC
I got 38 hours last week (earned like $560), and i'm 15. They would have had like 10 to 15 hours MAX. I was lucky, i worked on like three public holidays. Woolies has fantastic junior pay rates
What are you on as a 15yo at Woollies? At coles you'd get $9.59/hr

bdude

HSC
How do I get them to stop taking the union fees out of my pay, do I just see someone in the office?

jirwin

HSC
How do I get them to stop taking the union fees out of my pay, do I just see someone in the office?
I assume you would just tell someone in the office or your union delegate that you know longer want to be in the union.

bdude

HSC
I assume you would just tell someone in the office or your union delegate that you know longer want to be in the union.
I just figured it's $3-$7 a week that could be in my pocket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)