The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
I just figured it's $3-$7 a week that could be in my pocket.
I figured that to begin with, joined at the beginning of 2009 (six months after i started working). I don't notice it missing from my pay so doesn't bother me. Might come in handy one day.

emmik

HSC
I'm the same, I usually get 10-12hrs a school week but school holidays are big bucks time. Especially summer. I have a reputation with the CSM for being the first to call and I always say yes. Because I live about 10 minutes walk away I usually get the "can you come in... like ... right now?"
Ha lol same here with the being first to call, since i last posted i got another 12 hours for this week.

bdude

HSC
I went into like the smallest Coles ever yesterday, it's the Wellington St one in launceston, tas - they have three express registers and four regular registers and a little service desk attached to the wall.

zobothebobo

HSC
Went to a coles store today that had self serve registers. Personally, I found them MUCH easier to operate compared to the ones we have. They were NCR registers, the coins and notes go down below the scanner, and the mechanism for accepting change is different (its like a bowl rather than a slot). Anyway, I actually enjoyed using them. Hope Coles are planning on rolling them out to every store. I've heard that they are still only trialing them...but not sure.
Has anyone else heard about this, or have them in their store? I really don't want my store to get them, i can only imagine the idiots in my store trying to use them.

bdude

HSC
Has anyone else heard about this, or have them in their store? I really don't want my store to get them, i can only imagine the idiots in my store trying to use them.
Yeah, apparently they're trying them, I know in the melbourne area at least and some sydney stores.

I'm not sure if my store will get them, we have a low number of basket shoppers plus there's not really a good spot for them to go. They could get rid of two express checkouts and a put a few there but they'd probably have to close off the main entrance. Or they could put them where our other entrance is now and close that off but I think they'd go better up near the other express checkouts

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
trust me...self serve is the biggest bludge. you get to watch customers scan their own groceries!

jirwin

HSC
My store was supposed to get Self Serve back in September. They even removed sections/barriers near the entrance to make it more 'open'. It was pushed back until after Christmas but I haven't heard anything about it for a while. Apparently they are removing all 4 of our express registers and adding in 1 new express and 4 self serve.

bdude

HSC
My store was supposed to get Self Serve back in September. They even removed sections/barriers near the entrance to make it more 'open'. It was pushed back until after Christmas but I haven't heard anything about it for a while. Apparently they are removing all 4 of our express registers and adding in 1 new express and 4 self serve.
All stores had their barriers and security signage removed, it wasn't for self-serve. Now we have people who think they can try and walk out of the store with a TV because there's nothing (phyiscially) to stop them

jirwin

HSC
All stores had their barriers and security signage removed, it wasn't for self-serve. Now we have people who think they can try and walk out of the store with a TV because there's nothing (phyiscially) to stop them
Yea I know that. But we were meant to get self serve around the same time. They removed the express rail too so customers think they can just randomly walk up to us without getting in line like everyone else.

bdude

HSC
I love school holidays, so many opportunities for extra hours.

My original roster this week was:
Wed: 15:15 - 19:15
Thur: 16:00 - 20:00
Sat: 07:30 - 12:30

I've ended up working so far:
Mon: 9:00 - 13:00
Wed: 11:45 - 20:00
Thur: 11:00 - 19:15
Fri: 18:15 - 21:15

So far, an extra 13.5 hours and I guess we'll see what sat & sun hold.

laniani

HSC
jealous.....
my total hours this week: 7.
(we're only allowed a total of 2 shifts + permanent....i dont have a permanent)

next week: 0.
i forgot to call for shifts. called the next morning and nothing was left.

i need a new job

zobothebobo

HSC
poor you. :). i'm still working 12 or 14 hours next week. Got a shift on Australia Day as well, yay. My hours are going to drop the week after though, because the tourists go home and i go back to school. i'm leaving coles because my particular coles never gives anyone hours after the tourist season.

bdude

HSC
jealous.....
my total hours this week: 7.
(we're only allowed a total of 2 shifts + permanent....i dont have a permanent)

next week: 0.
i forgot to call for shifts. called the next morning and nothing was left.
Are you nightfill?

bdude

HSC
wooooo, another call-in shifts. That makes 30.5 hours for the week. A before-tax pay of about $360!!

zobothebobo

HSC
When i got to work today there was a laminated piece of paper saying "Remember to ask customers if they have green bags!"
Already today I've had customers annoyed that I've asked them, and one guy tell me that he "didn't care about the environment." I feel incredibly stupid asking people who obviously don't have green bags whether they have them. Has anyone else had this recently introduced or has it been around for awhile and my store is just far behind?

bdude

HSC
When i got to work today there was a laminated piece of paper saying "Remember to ask customers if they have green bags!"
Already today I've had customers annoyed that I've asked them, and one guy tell me that he "didn't care about the environment." I feel incredibly stupid asking people who obviously don't have green bags whether they have them. Has anyone else had this recently introduced or has it been around for awhile and my store is just far behind?
It's part of the new Customer First (i.e. Mystery shopper) benchmarks, we also apparently have to ask "where your bags packed well today?"

I don't do it. It's usually obvious if a customer has their bags with them. It's only two parts of the mystery shop anyway.

jirwin

HSC
It's part of the new Customer First (i.e. Mystery shopper) benchmarks, we also apparently have to ask "where your bags packed well today?"

I don't do it. It's usually obvious if a customer has their bags with them. It's only two parts of the mystery shop anyway.
I wasn't aware of the well packed bags one. I was told just to ask 'is plastic ok?' in order to meet the 'do you have alternative bags' question for mystery shoppers. I don't always remember though - particularly on express!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
That's dumb, if they have no green bags, what fucking else do they (Coles/mystyer shoppers) expect us to pack it in? I don't understand why you have to say "plastic bags okay?" if thats the ONLY possible option.

Fucking stupid.

HSC
Yeah we have to ask for Greenbags at my store too, its fucking stupid - using greenbags is a lifestyle choice and by making us ask, we guilt customers into using greenbags. Not to mention its another gay thing we have to say. Fuck asking for greenbags.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)