The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
In my Woolies store, the only people who wear skirts are the CSM and the only female produce staffmember. None of the front end girls wear them or anything!
oh my, not that i've ever worn a skirt but i'd think doing produce in a skirt would be quite the challenge no? haha

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
This was at Ivanhoe, I don't know if anyone is in Melbourne and can comment further on the status of the suburb but it was definitely not blue ribbon. Sales are up 10% according to management, but make of that what you will. Also my store is way further west than Blacktown so it will be interesting to see what happens!

Went to my store for the first time tonight, what a culture shock! I am used to a refurbed Woolworths with everything looking modern. This one is stuck in a time warp from 1985, I hate the deli section in particular. Man does this need a refurb. It's certainly going to be interesting.
Wow damn. I can't wait to move to a refurbed store/refurbed Coles store (*I wish*) or have my current store refurbed.

bouncingfire

HSC
on the topic of uniform, i currently wear my black school shoes. No ones ever objected to it. Are they acceptable?

jirwin

HSC
I think the 'official' line is 'leather covered shoes'. I wear black skate shoes, other people from grocery wear similar skate type shoes, a lot of the females on service wear what I think are like ballet flats (they are out of luck if they drop something and it hits their foot) and then there are also people that wear like leather school shoes.

Nothing has been said about the skate type shoes.

The current topic at my store at the moment seems to be facial piercings - people have even gone to the union apparently (haven't been to work in a week though so just hearing rumours)

greekgun

HSC
Eh, i dont get why they put so much emphasis on having black leather shoes...i mean...how often do coworkers/customers look at your feet and go "Nice leather black shoes...im going to work that much harder/shop here more often".
Honestly, u would think that our employers would take our comfort into consideration...but no, they would rather we work in uncomfortable pain.

bdude

HSC
Eh, i dont get why they put so much emphasis on having black leather shoes...i mean...how often do coworkers/customers look at your feet and go "Nice leather black shoes...im going to work that much harder/shop here more often".
I guess it's an OH&S requirement.

bouncingfire

HSC
anyone have a list for when they are scheduling the refurbs for all of the stores?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Also guise I am not coming to Coles :(

Though I shall continue to look for Coles jobs thus I will continue to contribute! xD

DEL1200

HSC
N/A
I use to wear Dunlop Volley's to work until one day I dropped a large can of dog food on my foot. I then started wearing leather shoes.

bdude

HSC
Was anyone else a bit overwhelmed by all that stuff on the chip card implementation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)