The Football Thread (2 Viewers)

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I think you can blame Bolton for the loss because the first and third goals were his mistakes. He should have caught the first corner easily - when you commit, you have to get the ball. Sure, the defenders should have cleared it, but Bolton should have caught it in the first place. As for Rech's shot, it was elementary. It was within his reach and he should have parried it away. Again, maybe the defence should have closed Rech down earlier, but at the end, Clint Bolton cost Sydney FC 3 points and the very least, 1 point.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
I blame the defence, not Bolton. The Rech goal none of the defense went to go to the ball..... everyone of them were ball watching, and we were justly punished. The second goal was more Bolton's fault, its a cardinal sin not to catch the ball if you come off your line. The last goal was a good shot, and i doubt Bolton could have really done all that better.

Our midfield was so much better though, that's vital for the game against Melbourne.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Bolton could have saved the last shot as it wasn't in the bottom corner. The midfield was good mainly because of Yorke pushing in behind the combo of Petrovski and Kazu. That trio worked very well.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Ilija said:
As for the Sydney V Adelaide game, though I am a Sydney Fan, I'm not too saddend by the loss, it was an excellent game of football, the croud was awesome though the crowd was 14 000 it filled pretty much the stadium making it a great atmosphere. As for the performances of Sydney, the Strikers did well, Talay was shocking, worst games for him in a while. Bolton messed up early, played well the remainder bar that dtrike from Rech. Once again good game, and more games in the A-League should be played like this one.
oh woe is us, stick carney on the left, talay on the right. Yes they cant cut in as effectively, but hey, it'd provide for our strikers, WHO have to come back and get the ball it seems.

Bolton made some good saves, but yeh, the second goal (that goalbox mayhem one) he should've caught or punched out...rechs other great shot (if it had've been left by probably less than a foot) had bolton beat completely, and well..the final goal

but it's unfair to blame a keeper for the whole loss...many players made major cockups (passing the ball to the opposition in your own half) and they get away with it fine, but as soon as keeper stuffs up he gets nailed. yes a different result, bu we cant be too hard on Bolton, he still is a great keeper, just he had a shit day :p

nedzelic

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Remembering the good ol' days when eastern european clubs could be competitive in CL eh? Im waiting on a repeat of the Sydney/Adelaide game, but so much for everyone writing Adelaide off.
lol
hey, i like your spl table. but i've got a better one for you. it's the ecl tables w/o the hoops! and 'gers are there!!!

hey, are you actually scottish?

nedzelic

HSC
the rpoblem w/ sydney is, now they have to accomadte three strikers in the team no matter what. ie kazu has to play b/c of the marketing potential (ium not saying he's not still a decent player; he did knock in a couple) and sasho and yorkie bar b/c they are simply too good to leave out. and hence, the fact that yorkie was practaclly palying sweeper by the end of the ame w/ rudan and zdrillic in thr box. my point is, there formation and structure is being sacrificed for money

nedzelic

HSC
Bookie said:
so. what goes on at an aleague game?

might be coving this wekk.

UP THE ROAR.
yeah can't say i've ever been. go the victory though!...until a wollongong team comes back *sighs*

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Komit said:
Bolton could have saved the last shot as it wasn't in the bottom corner. The midfield was good mainly because of Yorke pushing in behind the combo of Petrovski and Kazu. That trio worked very well.
Exactly right to both of those things.

To the guys who don't doubt Bolton's attempted save, look again. He practically dived over the top of the ball. Which means his reactions were too slow. Like I said before, it's all about anticipation. A better keeper would have anticipated better, and that's just how it goes. Give Pasfield a run.

And the Petrovski/Kazu duet, with All-Night Dwight in behind, worked very well. Petrovski should have done better with his early volley, and also with the second half left-foot blast from just outside the box. Yorke should have done better when Kazu put him through one-on-one with Bajic, but Dwight tried to circle the keeper and fucked up. Carney's shot at 2-1 should have been better; it cost us the goal because Kazu got into an offside position. Petrovski wasn't offside, and he scored the goal. Unfortunately, Kazu was definitely "involved" in the play, so it had to be deemed illegal. Bah!

All that said, Adelaide had a few chances that they should have put away themselves too. A draw would have been a fair result.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
nedzelic said:
lol
hey, i like your spl table. but i've got a better one for you. it's the ecl tables w/o the hoops! and 'gers are there!!!

hey, are you actually scottish?

Half Scottish, half Irish, Catholic. I could apply for a Scottish passport if me old man got his.

Oh, and youre a Huns fan eh? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA etc. Enjoy UCL football now, you wont be there next year. If Gers fail to qualify for the second round, theres something wrong, considering its the weakest group the in the comp. Oh yeah, there is something wrong. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I'll leave the rest of my taunts to the Football thread.

Its a bit harsh to call for Bolton to be dropped after one poor performance. I think the Sydney defense is the biggest problem, its got too many leaks in it.

Oh, and Queensland are going to trial Weah, who is coming to the club. Not George, but his cousin.

Diddimz

HSC
Bookie said:
so. what goes on at an aleague game?

might be coving this wekk.

UP THE ROAR.
Dont get your hopes up with the roar, im as big a fan as the next, but you dont expect them to score, they have all the service in the world, but they cant find the back of the net, Bleiberg needs the boot and soon (and from what ive been hearing, he wont last the season), failing that if we dont make top 4 his contract automatically terminates anyway. Now Farina would be a much better manager them him anyway.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Sydney have agreed to sign Brosque i hear? Why do we need another striker?

Diddimz

HSC
RyddeckerSMP said:
Sydney have agreed to sign Brosque i hear? Why do we need another striker?
I honestly dont mind, 4 months time and the roar wont have the same squad as now, i was full of hope when Brosque first signed, and seeing him at training before the first game i thought he would be brilliant, but since then he has failed to impress and i honest dont mind if he leaves, he hasnt scored and its not due to lack of service, its due to bleibergs inability to coach more then anything, he hasnt fixed up the problems he has noticed with the players, hence a change of 4 assistant coaches in 4 weeks, trying to ignore the problem. Himself.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Either way, I hope you are joking when you are talking about Frank Farina.

Last I heard, he tried to get a job coaching an Under 6s side.

They asked him to provide references.

Seriously, Farina is useless.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Franky may have been better if they didnt chuck him in the deepend first up- a national squad manager as a first job is a tough ask. I blame the Soccer Australia board for his flop more than Franky. It was a shithouse appointment. Hopefully he continues to be involved with the game tho, he'll be an asset one day (perhaps not as manager tho)

Diddimz

HSC
Farina was player coach of strikers wasnt he before he took on the job of Australian manager?? Anyway he is a better manager then what the roar currently have, bleiberg is an absolute joke with no credentials at all, the sooner he is gone the better.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Code:
       Team                    P    W    D    L    F    A     GD    Pts 
1. Adelaide United FC          14   9    2    3    21   17    4     [B]29[/B] 
2. Sydney FC                   14   7    3    4    25   20    5     [B]24[/B] 
3. Newcastle Jets FC           14   7    3    4    20   15    5     [B]24[/B] 
4. Perth Glory FC              14   6    3    5    21   17    4     [B]21[/B]
5. Melbourne Victory FC        14   5    4    5    19   14    5     [B]19[/B] 
6. Central Coast Mariners FC   14   5    4    5    21   20    1     [B]19[/B]
7. Queensland Roar FC          14   4    5    5    13   13    0     [B]17[/B] 
8. New Zealand Knights FC      14   1    0    13    9   33   -24     [B]3[/B]
Fixtures This Weekend:

Code:
Queensland Roar FC      vs      New Zealand Knights FC
Newcastle Jets FC       vs      Adelaide United FC
Sydney FC               vs      Melbourne Victory FC
Perth Glory FC          vs      Central Coast Mariners FC
Biggest game of the round is definitely Newcastle (3) vs (1) Adelaide. Sydney will be looking for a win against Melbourne and a Jets victory (or draw) against Adelaide.

The two bottom placed teams face off on Thursday night, with Queensland desperately needing a win at home (which they haven't had since their Round 1 encounter with New Zealand) to stay in touch with the top four.

Central Coast can leapfrog Perth with a win, but Richard McMahon will have his troops fired up after their poor showing against Newcastle last week. The Mariners do have a strong record against the Glory thus far, though, winning every single match they have played against Perth (both in the pre-season and regular season).

A decent Round of A-League action coming up.

Glenn198718

should be a very good round of footbal this weekend. I have a feeling the newcastle a going to pick up a victoory against adelaide and unfortunately Sydney FC will draw against melbourne. Should be a good round whatever happens and cant wait to see the action of this weeks fixtures.

Diddimz

HSC
Roar threw away another win this weekend, 1-0 up against NZ and they manage to draw 1-1, things keep on getting worse, selling Dodd and signing a player he has never seen play before, 7th place i expect

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Diddimz said:
Roar threw away another win this weekend, 1-0 up against NZ and they manage to draw 1-1, things keep on getting worse, selling Dodd and signing a player he has never seen play before, 7th place i expect
Whoa, Kiwis move up to 4 points now. Crucial slip-up by Q'land though, could've moved up to 5th, albeit temporarily. Sydney v. Melbourne this weekend, how about another 5-niller ? :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)