the John Mayer thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
mizosoup, thats not bad, thanks for that :)

gorgo31

HSC
exa_boi87 said:
I dont think Bjork will ever be "sucessfully" covered .. her music is of an artform, all one has to do is take a listen to Postal.
Agreed. That's why I think it was an arrogant move for him to try.

I know about his "cover" because it was mentioned in the SMH review of his DVD. I borrowed it to watch it, and found it horrific.

Anyway, sorry to trash this thread, just wanted my two cents in. I do understand that this is a thread for the fans - I'll butt out now :)

P.S. Björk's album is called Post, not Postal.

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
gorgo31 said:
Agreed. That's why I think it was an arrogant move for him to try.

I know about his "cover" because it was mentioned in the SMH review of his DVD. I borrowed it to watch it, and found it horrific.

Anyway, sorry to trash this thread, just wanted my two cents in. I do understand that this is a thread for the fans - I'll butt out now :)

P.S. Björk's album is called Post, not Postal.
Yes, lol thanks for that .. tragic really as its in my itunes list :p

I do think Mayer did worse with the Kid A cover ... *sigh*, I think his jazzed up "everyday I have the blues" isnt bad though

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Guns N Roses cover patience was splendid!

the impersonation at the end. WTF wow!

mizosoup

HSC
oooohhh yeah
that place is my second home
quite sad really

mizosoup

HSC
oh and another thing...

YUM!!!
i use to hate the hair but i gotta say...its grown on me, pun intended

nomore3x5

Music Mogul
HSC
Miz!! You're on here????
Nice one!
And you stole that photo from me, its my msn pic!
Anyhoo, the John Mayer Trio's album 'Try' is out November 21 and its got MY song on it!!! So bluddy excited, I swear!

1. Who Did You Think I Was
2. Good Love Is On The Way
3. Wait Until Tomorrow
4. Gravity
5. Vultures
6. Out Of My Mind
7. Another Kind Of Green
8. I Got A Woman
9. Something's Missing
10. Daughters
11. Try
I'm lovin all the John Mayer Trio tracks - Come When I Call, Who Did You Think I Was, Gravity, Vultures, Another Kind Of Green - they're all awesome!
He's just about the only thing gettin me through the HSC, so a new album as a post HSC present.. SWEEEEEEEET!
Peace fellow Mayer fans.
Rach

mizosoup

HSC
yes i'm here and trying to keep this thread alive =P trying to keep my net wanderings to a minimum - this is an excuse b/c it's study related. yes.
and actually, i stole that pic off msm. hehe.

mizosoup

HSC
haha yeah i got the sms

but anywho, solo acoustic album eh? he better damn well scrub up Why Did You Mess With Forever for it!

mizosoup

HSC
Try!

So the trio album has been out for something like two months.....thoughts???

I reckon that this version of Vultures is absolutely sublime and he's so right about AKOG....it just works better with the trio!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
mizosoup said:
So the trio album has been out for something like two months.....thoughts???

I reckon that this version of Vultures is absolutely sublime and he's so right about AKOG....it just works better with the trio!
omgosh i love vultures! fav song. reached the high numbers of my play count already

another kind of green - beautiful

im also quite impressed with "wait til tomorrow" oooh the drums

quite impressed with the album but its such a tease for me. i cant wait for his next album....

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
OMGJOHNMAYERADDEDMEONMYSPACE@!!!@!)#(*@!)(#

PROOF: http://www.myspace.com/stef__h

and for you die hard fans

i dont need to explain myself. you wouldnt question john mayer's myspace, you'll KNOW it was him and his crazy ways

http://www.myspace.com/johnmayer

OH MY GODDD happiest day of my life. Yet still, I feel an empty feeling, as if, he passed me by and didnt make eye contact. Overwhelmed, yet empty :(

I'm insane.

I only started myspace thingy yesterday, in hope one day he'd add me. AND HE DID IN TWO HOURS!!!!!

LOVE!!!!

OMG!!!

mizosoup

HSC
"Yes, you're reading it correctly, this is a message from the crew at Local-83. It's been a minute, but we're here to tell you that a bevy of information and announcements are coming your way very shortly. John's been very busy since we last talked. We've got a tour and a new album to tell you all about - you'll be the first to know what's happening. If you're a returning member, we missed you. If you're a new member, welcome. I promise we'll see all of you soon. Stay tuned during the next few days. You won't want to miss out. In other exciting news, Local-83 will be premiering the first single off John's new album on Wednesday, June 14th at 9 PM Eastern time! Be one of the first fans to listen to the new single, "Waiting On The World To Change", from his eagerly anticipated new album CONTINUUM. Members can simply log on to www.local-83.com and click on the audio link featured on the homepage."
From L-83

Elle magazine also mentioned Continuum out in August

ALLLLSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOo

from his myspace:
So CONTINUUM is done, blah, blah, blah, "Waiting On The World To Change" on radio in a matter of days, blah, blah, blah, photo shoots and packaging and videos...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mizosoup

HSC
It's times like this that I wish I had an L-83 account...
Meh...tempe and hotel cafe shows will hopefully tide me over for now...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
And that competition to see JM3 which is exclusively for america?

*sigh*

I wish I lived in mayer-friendly places. I've seen myspaces where people show all the times theyve met up with John backstage.

Lucky bastards.

Continuum anticipation to the max.

I'm sorry I don;t make sense, I just get so babbly when it comes to John. Nothing else, just John.

*cries*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)