• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

mserica

HSC
Its been a while since I have given an update, so here we go….

Went to visit my parents a fortnight ago, and I now remember why it is that I don’t eat anything for one week before I go, I managed to put on 2kgs from one weekend, absolutly crazy so I have been busy trying to work it off… not to mention the extra 2.3 I manged to put on during uni break (cause I got to go out more often and catch up with friends for dinners etc - then the kilos caught up.

And also the regular Italian Sunday Lunch that I attend - So i need to cut back and attend the lunches just eat the salads not all the lovely food they provide - otherwise the goal weight will never be obtained.

But now im back on track I am down to 61.4 and my target goal is still 54.00 so I have a few kilos to go!!

Loving the motivation that Anne is giving…keeping me motivated... Those photos really are amazing - Congrats!!!

HSC
N/A
italian lunches! *sends willpower vibes to mserica*

Now that routine has been dragged back through the window, here's today.

Breakfast: Half a chicken shnitzel and swiss cheese foccacia

Lunch: the other half

afternoon tea: 2 slices heavily buttered raisin toast

dinner: Some strawberries and a piece of garlic bread

Study: No course readings yet so I can't do anything :D
Exercise: Nil :(

To give y'all a "me" update, I got my hair cut recently :D Here is a piccy -

Unfortunately my hair doesn't look quite so good when uncurled :( So I really have to either straighten it or curl it now... hmmm

NB: come on photobucket, hurry up and resize that photo... also, thanks to Karen (WW) for all the lovely photoshopping! :D

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
breakfast/lunch combined (was eating at work and just picked at it throughout the day): dim sims + dare iced cappucino yumyum
+ lots of jols =/
dinner: if my tummy ache goes away

exercise: not yet
study: not yet

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
my comp sucks so i'll keep this short

i like the gaircut glitter :d

im sick, doc is sending me to get tests in 5 days for glandular fever, if i do hav it, im gunna hav to drop a subject, coz it affects "revision/concentration etc which is why i havnt picked up a book or unit outline yet .... n symptoms can last from few weeks to a few years!! :'(

i cant excercise for a while either :(

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
wow poor anne.. that sounds bad! :(
whats glandular fever? i always thought it was like a sore throat or something

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
clairegirl said:
im sick, doc is sending me to get tests in 5 days for glandular fever, if i do hav it, im gunna hav to drop a subject, coz it affects "revision/concentration etc which is why i havnt picked up a book or unit outline yet .... n symptoms can last from few weeks to a few years!! :'(
oh no! i really hope you don't have it.
if you do though, at least you have time to get over it before mexico, and you can be glad you didn't do the internship.

clairegirl would know more of the symptoms than me but basically people feel tired and run down all the time and to get over it they have to rest and not do too much.

asian hair looks so pretty curled or with waves, very nice glitter.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
wow and that can last for years? poor anne :( i hope u don't have it.. but yeh, at least you'll have time to get over it before mexico.

and i agree. wavy hair is so pretty. my hair can't be anything but straight.

mserica

HSC
Poor Anne, I had it about six or seven years ago in year 11, i was out for 13 weeks, it started out as food poison then went into glandular fever, and developed into a light dose of CFS (chronic fatigue). My body eventually just shut down

Best option is to eat heaps of fruit and vege, and drink plenty of water - minimal excercise and try to not sleep during the day as the body will then shut down..(im no expert but after having it for more than a term you tend to listen to what the docs say!!

Take care of yourself.

HSC
N/A
ouch! Take care of yourself Anne! I think mserica has given good advice!

and thanks for the comments on my hair gals, glad you like it :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*would post pics of his hair up, but isn't anywhere near as good looking*

HSC
N/A
For people who have/have had glandular fever - (it seems to be going around)

How bad were the initial symptoms?

I started having a sore throat last night... and when I was trying to sleep I kept waking up because it hurt so bad. And though I tried to keep drinking lots of water, it hurts to swallow anything (including fluids).

Over today a headache has started to develop, I'm feeling dizzy and really really weak (ie really not feeling too good). I'll be seeing the doc tomorrow, but just freaking out a bit right now because this feels a lot worse than almost anything I've ever had before, and because I have dance exams coming up (fact aside I teach dance as my job).

Last time I was this sick I was crazy/stupid/determined enough to power through it, I'm hoping I can do the same thing now... but what's this about not being supposed to exercise much if you have glandular fever?

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
my baby is growing everyday. i think i may be having twins now.
lol that pound i lost is coming back a whole friggen kilo dammit! i hate chocolate! ooohh but i love it yumyum... man i was eating a milo bar, and one little fun size one is just a tiiinnnyy little square that is 400kj!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
im hoping i don't have glandular fever, i worked an 8 hour shift today and almost died lol and i think i'm getting that fever again but i think its just the flu.

I'm thinking of dropping accg253 because it just seems like too much effort, something i can't even fathom doing :( ... i might pick up bba217 now. It's a straight 3 hour lecture htough? how shit ... has n eo ne done it. what did i miss the first lecture?

do you have white spots on your throat glitter? coz i had that before too, hurt soo much, i couldn't even swallow my spit so my saliva was just sort of hanging out of my mouther and all gooey n stuff. If so it's strep throat, its' nothingn serious.. just get antibiotics and it'll get better in a couple of days :)

HSC
N/A
I can't see my own throat :(

I've been drinking water non-stop basically over last night and today (a trick developed from having largyngitis multiple times) - I can finally swallow again, haven't tried speaking yet (suspect I may not be able to do so without pain).

My forehead isn't hot anymore but I've definately got a headache. I just woke up from a 4 hour sleep and I feel EXHAUSTED, it's so bad that I'm walking really slowly and can't even walk in a straight line, I keep falling against doorframes and walls and stuff :(

Can't wait till tomorrow to see the doc, a little worried that I may not be strong enough to drive up there though :( EDIT: yay mum is staying home tomorrow and will drive me up

Last edited:

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
5, 6 weeks ago i pledged to walk every day - i actually didn't go out - i went out less during the holidays so - i failed this thread

*shame*

HSC
N/A
I'd try to implement new changes in babysteps. For example, walk on the spot for 50 paces every day. Then graduate to walking around the house for 100 paces, then start going outside etc etc. For some people it's very much about establishing a habit (any habit) or breaking existing ones :p

In other news LYNN WENT TO THE DOC TODAY! :D

After feeling like I was going to die yesterday (except around midnight when I caved in and finally had a paracetamol, I try to hold off taking the non-natural drugs until I reach the point where I can't cope anymore) I woke up this morning feeling mostly normal except for a minor tickle in my throat. I was kinda hoping the doc was going to tell me I had a kick-butt immune system or something, since I went from sore throat (Sat) --> dying (Sun) --> mostly fine (Mon) but turns out I just have Pharyngitis. Bahahahaha. And there I was thinking I could have had glandular fever or something :p (I've had pharyngitis a couple of times before, sans fever/headache/loss of strength etc though)

I've been given antibiotics, a medical certificate for today, an order to drink lots of water today and mum's order that I come out with her this afternoon to buy some booties :p Fluffy booties ftw, baby!

YESTERDAY
Breakfast - NA
Lunch - NA
Dinner - NA
Snacks throughout the day - some cashew nuts, a strawberry, some lindt chocolate, a piece of buttered toast. And a hell of a lot of water.

TODAY SO FAR
Breakfast - two slices of toast with cheese on them (hello, recently returned appetite :D)

Boy oh boy oh boy does it feel good not to be heaps sick anymore. *bounces around*

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
aw thats good u dont have GF glitter, it still sounds nasty though! Hope your feeling better though glitter!

Icf- thats cool... just go for random runs like you uusually do?

Good news, I'm feeling better so i don't think i'll go.. i've just got a runny nose and a somewhat chesty cough now.. i think it was just the flu.. it'll get better from now on hopefully.. and i get bored sleeping now whoo hoo

In other news, u know how most people lose weight when they're sick? lol well i've gained it! :S eeeek!

As soon as i'm 100% it's back to the gym! :D and back to good eating, i've been eating whatever my dad cooks me and he's using this time to "fatten me up" he keeps saying i'm getting sick because i've lost weight and he doesn't like it... whatever! lol

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol yeh my mum used to make excuses and secret stuff in food to fatten me up.

i'm still trying to break the binge eating habit lol. i can't do it!

anyway
i wore a pedometer today lol. around 7500 steps. work makes me 'active' whereas before i would've been sedentary i reckon, unless i were shopping or working out.

food: 12:30pm - i picked out and ate the smoked salmon in a sushi roll and threw out the rest
4:30 - bran cereal

exercise: errmm... i ran to the bus stop lol, but this bus stop is close =/ so that was like a 5min run lol

study: skipped uni =/ ... trying to catch up now

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I walked up and down and around the campus trying to find a place today for 40 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)