• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Today:

okay so my back on track thing hasn't gone to plan, it started off well though...

Breakfast: 2 slices of multigrain sandwich with cucumber, lettuce, capsicum and frankfurts and devon (chicken breasts are so expensive :(
Snack: couple of spoonfuls of natural low fat yoghurt and some muesli
Lunch: i went shopping with the girls :( so i had grilled chicken with cheese stuffed in it and salad and chips....damnit
Dinner: Ice chocolate (with cream, ice cream) from mr whippy

Excercise: does 5 hours of shopping count? :s ... ohh and i also went to the gym ... 45 minutes on the cross trainer and 5 minutes on treadmill 520 calories burnt.

Study: freaking hell none! but i did print out my starter readings (well one of them anyway), which i'll read during my break at work.

PS: I'm in love with dresses

*hopeful*

HSC
miss_gtr said:
What the hell happened second half? I cried so much.
omg ! it all went downhill after half time....i was so pumped in the start, i thought they would take it out and then 37-20! omg :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
what Happepn Swhen You Get Wasted?!!?! Fucnign Hilariosu!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
jezzmo said:
You keyboard warrior! Master it! Master it!

Like samson, you have now lost your strength :( Your moderator powers are USELESS without your shiny locks of hair!
I know :( I want my hair back, and haha this is probably the best I've pulled up after a night

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
jezzmo said:
Have you considered the benefits of hair extensions? Young indian girls shave their natural vibrant hair every year for their religion as a sacrifice to the divine, only to have their particular religious institution sell it off to us westerners!

Mike .. just imagine yourself with beautiful young indian girl hair (without illegally obtaining the indian girl) .. just like the movies!

Thread topic:

Breakfast - Nutriflakes, Weetbix and Sultana Bran.
Lunch and Dinner - Whiskey

Exercise-
2 hours squash round-robin.
~ 2+ hours walking

Study-
Sub-par draft essay (we had to do a draft.. i wouldn't normally).
She was obtained quite legally thank you, if she slips into the van, it is NOT my fault :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hmm...remind me next time i'm online ;)

Im pretty sure my eating habits have totally disintegrated over the weekend hahaha, excess of everything + alcohol = mike is feeling lethargic and loving it :eek: :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
breakfast: 2 weetbix, skim milk, white sugar
Lunch: slice of cheesecake from michelle's pattiserrie (sp?) They officially have the best cheesecakes!
Lunch2: half a sandwich, multigrain bread, lettuce, cheese, devon
Snack: natural yoghurt with some spoonfuls of muesli
Snack2: slice of cheese

im sooo full :( and no excercise... im never going to get over this plateu if i keep eating like this

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Breakfast: Orange Juice
Lunch: Japanese Restaurant - Sushi. Iced Tea.
Movies: Popcorn, Fanta, Mars Bar
Dinner: Tuna with Rice (needs to go shopping) :/
Study: NAH.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Breakfast/Lunch: bok choy, tofu and two fried eggs lol
Lunch: 2 weetbix, skim milk and sugar
Dinner: 2 egg boiled egg whites with some meatt
Snack: coconut, drank the juice from a straw and ate the meat inside

Excercise: 45 mins on cross trainer 10 mins weights

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
breakfast - egg, toast
lunch - bread roll with cheese, lettuce
arvo tea - asian pear fruit
too many chips!!! the salt was killing me, the flavour was giving me a headache but i'm addicted
dinner - steak, lettuce, tomato
10:20pm ;) glass of milk
edit: wow the bos clock is fixed

*hopeful*

HSC
its 2hrs ahead for me, i've become horribly unhealthy thus too ashamed to post

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i was just really hungry and i was like.. i'm not sleeping tonight anyway so i ate a lot and now i've got the burpies

HSC
N/A
my excuse: a week overseas with no internet access, and a busted ankle :(

grr my mum is annoying me :( See, my upper body is really weak, particularly in comparison with my lower body, so the whole crutches thing isn't working very well for me especially since I spent yesterday hobbling around on two mismatched canes (that was before I got crutches). It doesn't just hurt, the muscles are totally cramped up. It hurts to move, and it KILLS to use (eg crutches).

So I've reverted back to scooting around on my computer chair because it takes the effort off my upper arms. Mum saw me scooting around just then and yelled "why don't I just return the crutches already if you're not going to use them?" grrrrr

Just because she has a much stronger build than I do and is incredibly strong for a female doesn't neccessarily mean I am... when I say "they're really hurting, I want to make sure they don't get worked so hard that I can't use the crutches at all tomorrow" I mean it! I'm not just wimping out!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Don't you hate it when people who are naturally stronger than you (or better than you in any aspect) expect you to be able to be on the same level and won't open their minds to the possibility that OMG you're different... there IS such a thing as "it's different for everyone"!!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Don't you hate it when people who are naturally stronger than you (or better than you in any aspect) expect you to be able to be on the same level and won't open their minds to the possibility that OMG you're different... there IS such a thing as "it's different for everyone"!!!!
i never thought about how hard it would be to use crutches (besides the balance thing). i wouldn't last long. but yes.
on the same lines i am very grateful when they don't complain when they could have many times

*hopeful* said:
its 2hrs ahead for me, i've become horribly unhealthy thus too ashamed to post
my time is on GMT+10

HSC
N/A
crutches themselves aren't too bad - they're a hell of a lot more supportive than canes, (only reason I have two is because I used them for song and dance routines rofl) plus they allow you to go up and down stairs which is kinda cool.

The down side is if you're like me - if you overwork your arm muscles BEFORE going on crutches, then it is going to hurt no matter what you do (if only because they need a couple of days to let all the lactic acid drain out). They do put a fair bit of pressure on both arm muscles and wrists though... will comment more when I'm a little bit more "normal" lol

In other news my neck is killing from all the hunching I've had to do on the crutches etc :/ people think it hurts to keep good posture... in my opinion it hurts more to work without it :/

And now... I'm sure y'all are sick of me going on and on and on about my ankle so I'm going to talk about something else for the moment :D Baked potatoes! When chopped up, drizzled in olive oil and with some herbs, and popped into the oven. So yummy! I'm sure it's healthy and pretty low-fat, too... plus it tastes beautiful!

Now a question: I adore smoked salmon but haven't figured out what could go well with it in a toasted sandwich yet (I'm basically living off toasted sandwiches at the moment - I got the sandwich presser thing temporarily living on the kitchen table for my use :D). Any ideas? I've tried it with cottage cheese before, but the flavours kind of compete :/

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Smoked Salmon, a sprig of parsley, some cream cheese, and a squeeze of lemon!

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
crutches hurt ur underarms don't they? lol. they hurt mine

i like sandwich toaster presser thingies too! my mum used to make butter and sugar sandwiches with them ewewewewwww. even i, the sugar addict think thats gross. but doesn't the cookedness ruin the smokedness of the salmon? what ruins a smoked salmon sandwich is when they put a thin layer of salmon and then pack on the salad so that you can't taste the salmon. i was like $7 for a friggen salad sandwich! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)